• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Cutting aluminum composite boards

CP Signs

Alright,,,so no matter how long you've been doing this, there is always room to learn. Sometimes it looks too simple. Cutting DiBond / Alupanel / TrueStock or whatever brand you use is a messy job. That black core sticks to everything and the place gets really messy. So one day I'm talking with my buddy who's been doing this for 2 years or something like that and asks; why not cut it with your utility knife? I had that ,,,deer in headlights look on my face, so I grabbed a piece, tried it and couldn't believe how easy it was. NO mess, clean cuts. What I like most about it is sometimes your graphics are on and you have to make a cut without scratching it,,,this way is very simple. Here is a link of a quick ( a few seconds ) to show how easy it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcjjoOXHISs&feature=youtu.be

J Hill Designs

wow I just tried the single swipe trick as seen on video. IT WORKS!!

thanks

before I had always done line at least 5 or 6 passes

J Hill Designs

yeah no photo. but yeah, I used a standard stanley utility knife with cobalt blade (just what is in the knife right now) nothing special

Salmoneye

Palm slaps face. I didn't know. I just tried a few pieces, worked great but it did ever so slightly bend the sheets, the acm I use often is less expensive 3mm stuff.

gabagoo

I use this too, Even makes clean cuts after I mount the adhesive, then I nip off the sharp corner with a corner rounder.

what kind of corner rounder? I be to afraid to try mine.

Attachments

• corner%20rounder.jpg
    corner%20rounder.jpg
    206.7 KB · Views: 82

mpn

You can use that corner rounder if you want, no problem.
1/2 inch die in mine

Last edited:

gabagoo

You can use that corner rounder if you want, no problem.
1/2 inch die in mine

yea I tried not only cutting the composite but the corner rounder too....sweet.... save a lot of time and no more imitation rat poop all over