• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Darn Dumpster Divers.....

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Hobbyist.........

Did you overdose on coffee or something this morning ?? You're going gaga over a 4 year old thread.

Besides, any businessperson who does not take care of their paperwork, files and confidential stuff is not a good business person, so I highly doubt anyone would be rummaging through their dumpsters for any vital information. :rolleyes:

chester215

Just call me Chester.
I used to work on golf courses and in wetland areas where we didn't want golfers to go we would put up signs that said

Warning Digitaria sanguinalis.

Now with smart phones it is easy enough to look up, but all it said was warning crabgrass.

The Hobbyist

Hey Hobbyist.........

Did you overdose on coffee or something this morning ?? You're going gaga over a 4 year old thread.

Besides, any businessperson who does not take care of their paperwork, files and confidential stuff is not a good business person, so I highly doubt anyone would be rummaging through their dumpsters for any vital information. :rolleyes:

I did not notice the date of the thread. Is the advice no longer valid? :rolleyes:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I did not notice the date of the thread. Is the advice no longer valid? :rolleyes:

Honestly, it wouldn't've been, even it you were in the right time zone. I'm no judge, but your information/advice is quite humdrum.

Any businessperson worth their salt is either burning their confidential stuff or shredding it after 7 years of being on the books. Any quotes, work-orders, notes or other information that is not saved for IRS reasons is shredded, but as mentioned..... all business-people already do this, but if you want to confirm they are.... please keep up the coffee intake and carry on................ :peace!:

Techman

dumpster diving? Why not? And moreover why not let any one take a dive?
It's a time honored tradition.

I go to the local laser wood shop dumpster area all the time. I recycle some very good furniture grade plywood on a weekly basis.
I already built several very fine pieces of furniture all from this wood pile. And am working on a 9 drawer dresser. The owner is happy because his dumpster is not filled as fast.

A few days ago I obtained a 8 ft 3"x4" stick of mahogany.
And 10 sticks of 2"x2 x 6ft Jarrah. Our Oz friends know how nice this wood is. This will make some very nice outdoor tables.

jarrah.jpg

Baz

Problem up here with dumpsters is not people emptying them ... But people filling them up when it's not theirs !!!

Have to regularly do up signs for dumpsters saying violators will be fined.