• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dead, dead, dead......dead.

Circleville Signs

Anyone else TOTALLY dead right now? I've got a few steady customers and our wholesale stuff, but there is NOTHING new happening.

Normally I see a slowdown in December, but this is crazy.

Is it just here in Ohio, or is everyone unusally dead right now?

Gary

Brandon708

Installs are very slow right now. I actualy had nothing for the last 2 weeks. But I don't mind to much since it's cold as hell right now.. Plus it's my part time gig.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
blueboy.gif
Expected it • Planned for it • Still ain't no fun!

TheSnowman

TOTALLY DEAD. Well, not totally...I'm working on several buses for the local school corporation, but that's been a long time in the making. I haven't had hardly ANYTHING in a couple months. I even went on vacation and didn't miss a thing...that's scary.

gabagoo

generally we are slow december, but I was lucky and picked up a few orders from car part mfg's which are just getting back up to capacity and have been sitting back waiting I guess. I hope you guys pick up. Chin up boys, I know the feeling.

:Canada 2:

threeputt

Really been slow. Wrapping a Tundra today. Got four different other clients inquiring about wraps currently. We'll see.

royster13

But Mosh does "great prices" make you more money?.....Last year my margins were quite low compared to past years....This year I worked hard to increase my margins....So even though my sales might finish 15% or so less than last year, I will have a higher bottom line.....I will never brag I have "great prices" because in my mind that means I am leaving money on the table....

animenick65

Coming in in spurts now. Not dead, but certainly has slowed down. We have enough work to keep us going at a steady pace, so I guess thats better than nothing.

3dsignco

I actually Can't Complain right Now.. I wouldn't call it busy like it use to be but have around 4 real good jobs going on now. Opposite of Mosh.. Quality Signs, Quality Prices. Work Less make more.

signmeup

I've got stuff to do. I had a pretty darned good November. Just got a deposit for a good sized HDU sign today and an inquirey for another.

Mosh

We have our textile printers going full speed. Lots of companies getting printed stuff for employee Christmas gifts. Putting out quite a few orders on that side, the sign side is about normal for this time of year, here and there, enough to keep three "undocumented service technicians" busy.

David Wright

I have been in this business for many, many years and can honestly say it has never been slow. Even in this bad economy we turn away more work than we take. Now it is $2500 logo designs along with some nice van lettering going at $1500 each. Bank account is more than flush for sure.

Of course all of the above is BS but I just wanted to type that to see how it looks and feels.

Dead here.

CustomRide

I thought Circleville died like 5 years ago or when that plant shut down. Most here won't know what I am talking about but im surprised a sign guy can hang with the circleville economy unless you drive a lot. Hope things pick up for you and everyone else.:smile:

Farmboy

I am surprised at the amount of orders we still have coming in. Much better than this same time last year. We do alot of one off stuff for x-mas gifts. Just found out a business that does screen printing only, thats just down the road isn't taking any new orders till jan. We have some nice orders for winter sports teams and tournaments in the area. We always try and up-sell them with some banners or signage for the event. Gonna ride this as long as we can. :)