• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dead, dead, dead......dead.

Circleville Signs

I thought Circleville died like 5 years ago or when that plant shut down. Most here won't know what I am talking about but im surprised a sign guy can hang with the circleville economy unless you drive a lot. Hope things pick up for you and everyone else.:smile:

LOL...The plant dying didn't kill the B2B side of things - just the retail side. We actually have had a very nice year up until now. Even November was about 23% better year over year.

Just this week has hit the skids. Might be a thin Christmas here in C-ville.

:omg2:

Gary

ProWraps

blueboy.gif
Expected it • Planned for it • Still ain't no fun!

+1. like this every year so far for us. dies from november til january. knew it was coming, and we get to work less and still get paid due to prior planning.

heyskull

It has actually picked up in the UK over the last 2 weeks.
But money is tight!!!!
It has been a weird kind of year (that is an understatement!)
As we come up to Christmas I can forsee everything going mad at the last few days before the big day.
I have had 3 times in the last 20 years were it went like this and we had shop loads of people trying to create a bit of last minute advertising for their shop with banners and posters.
All this just was all for a lost cause as I am only interested in paying customers and not fly by nights that are looking for credit (I'm not a bank). Especially the businesses that dissapear after the holiday period.
If you haven't made your money by Christmas Eves Eve as a business give it up for a lost cause.

This is to all!
Maybe one day I will eat my words but I have always said if we who are in the sign business are quiet then all businesses are doomed.
"I have noticed when times are good businesses advertise but when times are bad businesses have to advertise"
So we should be well entertained whatever the economic climate.
If we are not then there is something serious wrong.

Mosh
I know when I'm to cheap and that's when I'm to busy.

Kraig
If I was quite for 2 months I don't think the business would be there anymore!!
I certainly couldn't go on holiday it would drive me nuts.

SC

imagep

Just like every year for the last 20, our business died the week of Thanksgiving, and it won't come back til the middle of March.

I used to use those slow months to try to market, but I don't no mo. It was really a waste of time, if people dont want it in winter, they dont buy it in winter - not even a a huge discount. And when I tried offering winter discounts, people would come in the spring when we are absolutly swamped, wanting it at the winter discount price, and needing it in a rush.

During the spring and fall we frequently have more work than we can do.

CES020

Currently slammed. Can't seem to get a break. Every time I sit down to focus on one thing, something else comes in. For us, it's the end of the year buying going on, where people have money left in their budgets. Spend it or lose it from next years budget.

I think I subbed out about $1000 worth of printing out yesterday alone.

David Wright

I notice that many others all always slow in winter. Why is that? I am, but always attributed it to cold and snow which effects peoples attitudes, but I noticed even southern state sign companies experience this to.

Brandon708

I notice that many others all always slow in winter. Why is that? I am, but always attributed it to cold and snow which effects peoples attitudes, but I noticed even southern state sign companies experience this to.
holiday spending doesn't help. Unless someone wants to buy someone a sign and that almost never happens. This is the time I find myself making more signs for my family or myself.

Brandon708

Guess I don't follow you. Am I going to slip on the ice and hurt myself or are you threatening me?
are these the eyes of someone that says something and doesn't back them up?
eyes.jpg

Thats the Clint East wood stare. This is a showdown. :Big Laugh

Mosh

What????? You think your better than me???? (puffing out chest)
My parole officer told me not to get into any more fights, so sorry I said that.

Steve C.

It's been slow up to now... and now it's even slower and will be slower than
that in Jan and Feb.. Seriously hope I can stay open. Not just signs but font
sales ane slow as well.

skyhigh

Having great prices keeps us busy! :)
Mosh, I hate to be a :thread but have to ask about your avitar. Just what are you doing in that pic? Every time I see it, the words "Rhode Island Red" come to mind. I'M NOT SAYING ANYTHING ABOUT YOUR LOOKS, but questioning what the heck your doing in that pic.

I wouldn't comment on anyone else's looks. When I was young, Mom had to tie a pork chop around my neck just so the dog would play with me.

Now back to the original programming...... I've have jobs, but I'm not overwhelmed here. December is always my worst month.