• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Dead, dead, dead......dead.

weaselboogie

Guess I don't follow you. Am I going to slip on the ice and hurt myself or are you threatening me?

I don't know if you're that thick, or you just don't care. You brag about your lowballer prices and how you actively make an attempt to take out your competition, yet can't afford a legal workforce.... who cares about your pricing, it's not a legitimate example.

I'm sure I'd get the same response if I brag to everyone I can beat anyone's prices, but most of my supplies 'fall off of a truck'. ... WHO CARES... It's not a respected way to do business and there's no reason why I should be bragging about it.

Mosh

I just woke up from my ciesta. Weasel STOP BEATING A DEAD HORSE IN THE MOUTH! I know you think all sign shops should
charge what you charge. LMAOIWKYA!!!!!

STOP IT ABOUT MY PRICING IS BAD! Are you jealous? I sorry I shouldn't have said that.
Can't help if I charge less than the average sign shop.

k.a.s.

Still pretty steady here, not overloaded but pretty good. I will need some more good projects for after Christmas though, hope I get some more stuff in.

Kevin

OldPaint

I have been in this business for many, many years and can honestly say it has never been slow. Even in this bad economy we turn away more work than we take. Now it is $2500 logo designs along with some nice van lettering going at $1500 each. Bank account is more than flush for sure.

Of course all of the above is BS but I just wanted to type that to see how it looks and feels.

Dead here.
DAVE, I APOLIGIZE....FOR saying your posts are boring............this one is COFFEE SPITIN OUT MY NOSE FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaa
DEAD HERE IN PCOLA...................if its like most other years...........
i wont see any REAL PAYIN WORK TILL FEB, MARCH!!!!!!!!!!

S

scarface

DEAD here, When i say dead i mean phone is not ringing at all this month and inbox is dusty.

Just have to stick it out until January.

I have talked with a hand full of business owners locally ranging from automotive shops, print shops to sign companies and everyone is literally dead right now.

Working on marketing my business as we speak. Picking up a run of postcards Friday (tomorrow) i sent today to a local printer for greeting cards to customers.

Will be doing bulk mailing to my customers every few months from now on to see how it goes. With the new use of variable data i have learned, this should make it very effortless to do this more often.

We'll see...

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't call it threatening... I'd call it friendly advice... that I'd take heed of...

just sayin'

Awwww......... let 'em play. Its the only exciting thing that has potential. Ever turn on the television and you can surf 200 channels and there's still nothing on, so you just settle for something stupid ?? Well.............. :covereyes:

ndemond

Been steady all month but not overwhelming. We also prepared for it and sent out service flyers. Guys have been busy servicing signs, replacing ballast and lamps. Also the 40 mile an hour wind we had the last 2 days will keep the guys busy till the middle of next week. Bless Mother Nature:wink:

On the down side 4 major companies that leased billboards from us will not renew next year. That is a large shot in the pocket book. Trying to lease empty billboards is really tough right now. Also trying to compete with the larger billboard companies is killing us. They are giving away space. When you go down the highway look and see how many ads are there that say this space available. Hoping this is not a sign of things to come for next year.

Nancy

legacyborn

We're pretty dead, but I'm taking this time to get our newsletters ready for the next couple of months, work on our new logo, and get some new marketing materials ready.

Tony Teveris

On our side of the Biz Omega sales are good, we will sell more EDGEs this year then last, but sales are too slow and have been for the entire year.

kev3232

busier than all get out. did 10 wraps over the last couple weeks and just got an order for (3) 40 foot rv wraps.
it's all good!

k

klmjff

Mosh is right...You guys keep crying that he doesnt charge enough, but HE CAN CHARGE WHAT HE WANTS, as I can and do also. If you jokers wanna charge $6 a sq foot for a little banner, than go do it. Don't cry if we wanna charge $2.50 a sq ft. You don't know my overhead and what I need to charge to profit well, so stop cryin.....
Some of you on here seem to be very busy and that's great. The others who are slow, maybe it's time to lower your prices and be a little more competitive. Its rough out there.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Okay, on a serious note.......

We're busy and maybe somewhat too busy, but I ain't complaining. We haven't really lowered any prices and if anything we raised our prices, but its still pouring in.

This isn't in the 'Premium' section, so I won't go into any marketing structures or plans that we used, but suffice it to say... if you plan well, you can be busy practically round the clock all year long.

Our walk-ins have dropped off a bit, but we're glad about that because that's part of our plan. Our wholesale here at 101 and around our area is picking up quite a bit.

I've been in and out of the shop the last two weeks working on some installations and haven't gotten back to some quotes here at 101, but rest assured, I'll be in touch tomorrow.

high impact

We are not dead currently but we can really tell people have the clamps on their spending. We have some nice steady work but it's just paying bills, not much left over.

Wow! I've been out of touch for awhile...this Mosh dude is either a troll who likes seeing everyone type his name in threads or a low-baller who likes stirring the pot. I've know of a few wannabe customers looking for a wannabe sign shop to work for "cents"...

FatCat

Guess I shouldn't gripe about having to install 2 4x8 real estate billboards tomorrow at 2 different locations in this cold weather. (But God I hate digging in the frozen ground.) Got a nice 4x5 hanging sign to build next week and also working on a 3x5 - 3/4" MDO panel that a husband is buying for his wife for Xmas to hang on the fence at their horse farm. Haven't had much along the way of small jobs.

Not slammed, not dead, trying my best doing quality work at quality prices.

kev3232

sorry, didn't know that sending in photos to get "certified" made you the rock star you think you are.
30 wraps with one other guy?!?!? gimme an effin break blowhard.

ProWraps

rof. how does it feel to follow me around the forum? you really are the starving hack that people keep pm'ing me about. good grief man. if you love me this much just send me some flowers or something there puppy dog.

im gonna name you "shadow". good dog.

Adam Bennett

I've spoken with a third party (distributor) that has verified the volume that Chris is putting out- I was a little skeptical too, but rest assured he's legit.