• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design Contest - Death Metal Poster!

Joe Diaz

The power in your shop goes out. You waste 10 feet of vinyl because you plotter shuts down halfway through a job. You look outside your shop's window. The sky turns to black. Flashes of blinding white light illuminate the sky as thunderous booms shake the ground beneath your feet.

The door is blown open by a powerful gust of wind as a cold shiver shoots down your spine. In walks five mysterious shadowy figures. The lights come back on and you are startled to see who stands before you. It's the world famous death metal band: "Glass Half DEADLY!!!":rock-n-roll:

You recognize the lead singer instantly, as he approaches the counter. Strands of pitch black, long, wet hair hangs in front of his face.

"My name is Dirk Havok and our band needs the most brutal poster ever! My sibling Roach is opening his new bar "This is Sparta", and we wish to summon our minions to the release party of our new album "Demon of the Clokks" We commission your poor soul to create a work or darkness worthy of our brutalness."

The rules:
Design the most brutal poster ever for the death metal band "Glass Half Deadly"

Poster must include:
A new logo/lettering style for the band "Glass Half Deadly"
The name of their new album "Demon of the Clokks"
It must also say:
"Album Release Party
at This is Sparta
11:00pm - ?
April 6th"

Poster must be submitted at 500px X 700px RGB .jpg
I will pm contestants with my e-mail address. You have until April 5th to submit your design. I will post the designs for voters on the 6th.

I would encourage using dark imagery like demons, skulls, etc...

Contestants are:
Bigdawg
iSign
Pat Whatley
RebeckaR
Caleb
weaselboogie
synergy_jim
Day Sign Co
Rick
omgsideburns
ericmitchell29
BladeGraphics
Charlie J
Flame
Mason
Signmeup
GAC05
neato
Stevo
astours

If any of you can't do this, please contact one of these designers to replace you:
Jillbeans
tikiboyz
geb
SignManiac
biggieg

Winner will host the next contest.
:rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll: :rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll::rock-n-roll:

Edit to add. Oh, if you want to have fun with this one, you can come up with your own opening band, name it what ever you want, and throw it in there. But remember, they will never be as brutal as GLASS HALF DEADLY!!!

Last edited:

Joe Diaz

Design to fit 500 x 700, standard poster size, or "shut up just do something"?
I was thinking 500 wide by 700 tall so that I can post them here. That is kind of poster shaped. You could design something standard poster size and then scale it down so that I can post it here if you would like.:thumb:

Jillbeans

I can see that some of the contestants are absolutely perfect for this project.
Should be neat to see!
Love....Jill

Rodi

Joe, great idea for a poster! This should be a TV show, oh, I don't watch TV, but good idea anyway!

Joe Diaz

One more thing. I just added this to the rules. It's not a requirement, but could be fun:

You can come up with your own opening band, name it what ever you want, and throw it in there. But remember, they will never be as brutal as GLASS HALF DEADLY!!!

Joe Diaz

this is already a tv show called metalocalypse...

great idea... I'm gonna work overtime on this one.
That's good to here!:thumb:

Yeah I love metalocalypse:ROFLMAO:, when my brother and I were brainstorming an idea for this contest over lunch, we were thinking about that show.

GP

Good luck everyone! Can't wait to see the results. Great job Joe. Excellent idea-

GP

iSign

I just watched some old reruns on VH1 of the heavy metal years documentary... weathering the withering years of punk and disco when the nay sayers tried to proclaim metal is dead.... haa haa haa haaaa haaaa haaaaaahhhh!!!!!! were they ever wroooonnngggg!!!!
rock.gif