• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Design Contest - Death Metal Poster!

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I think the people that bowed out did it quietly.... its the reverse self-righteous who want to make an issue out of it.
The only drama I see are the ones berating the ones who dropped out...

By the way I dropped out... I don't need to give a reason why but here it goes for your amusement...

I have done many rock posters... including death metal when I was a kid and I was out of my parents house. I have 4 kids now but as a parent I don't allow that type of music in my house... you know, free country and all. So it would be slightly hypocritical of me to design a faux death poster if my 9, 13, 14, and 17 year old can't bring it in the house... but they are welcome to join up when they move out.

It does sound like fun, have no issue with it all all, just can't remember signing upon this forum to get my arse chewed by people who need to tend to their own arse.

Joe Diaz

Rick, I see where you coming from brother. It would be great to see you get "REVENGE!!!" on this one, but I respect where you coming from, and what you are doing as a parent. so props to you. I hope you don't think I was trying to bring your name into this or anything. You gave your reason. That is more then enough for me. I don't have the tiniest, slightest, microscopic thing against anyone who would not want to spend their time designing something for whatever personal reason. I just hope no one thinks I was trying to offend. That is all.

So lets chill out everyone. No need to attack each other for something so small. This is a non paying, fun thing for people to do on their free time. It's your time, do with it as you please. If I entered a contest and then found out that I was supposed to design Country Music poster, I might have dropped out. Not because I dislike others personal choices, but because I would rather spend my time doing something else.

I went back to see where it all went wrong. Just so there is no confusion, When I said: "I wasn't trying to offend anyone." in an early post, that wasn't because someone made a big deal and said that I offended them. I said it, because I didn't think this contest through, and realized later that the subject matter could potential offend others... and I wanted to reassure those people that that was not my intentions. I wasn't trying to create a drama fest.

So that is all I'm going to say on this subject. Lets move on and leave the drama for some other post.
:thumb:

Last edited:

Rick

Certified Enneadecagon Designer
I'm not offended at all, not in the least. Nor did you bring anyone into it. I was also not directing my comments to you either. I think it's a cool project and like I said before, I have done quite a few posters in my day. But why can't dropping out just be dropping out instead of a forum to spew crap. By the way, I hate country music but a cool "Hatch Show Print" style poster would be fun to design....

iSign

I think the people that bowed out did it quietly.... its the reverse self-righteous who want to make an issue out of it.
The only drama I see are the ones berating the ones who dropped out...

Well said Rick, I was just thinking the same thing.... when all of a sudden, this creepy feeling began sweeping over me & I realized I may have inadvertently become the first of "the reverse self-righteous"...

dude... it make's your faith grow stronger... don't go...

Although I meant it in fun, without having any clue as to signmeup's reasons... I just think he's a great designer & wanted to encourage him to stay on board...

...but I do sincerely apologize if I contributed to more "attacks" on those that opted out, of if my comments bothered Adrian or anyone. And, Rick I commend you on the parenting decisions you make & the integrity to make your own sacrifices associated with them. I spent a lot of years parenting & it is the most highly compensated work in the world... but it IS work! (just ask Jane, I bet she'll agree :Oops:)

ndemond

:omg2:
Come on, people....get over the religious discussion and view this in the manner it was intended...A FUN contest! If someone is offended, sorry, don't participate. If they don't want to participate, leave them be! :banghead: Why does everything have to be so controversial! Lighten up!!:rock-n-roll: Have some fun!!
The Mom

:goodpost:

I am so glad I didn't sign up for this one. I for one would have tried to bow
out gracefully. As Jill said "not my forte". I would have been lost, really lost. Now do a promotion poster on the second coming of ol' blue eyes, count me in.

Have fun all can't wait to see the entries.

Nancy

Rodi

Can I possibly inspire some folks on this? Remember the movie Spinal Tap?
"IT CAN GET NO BLACKER THAN THIS"

Totally.

high impact

WOW!

No ill intent meant from this guy either.:Oops:

Sorry, I was just kind of surprised at some of the reactions and I have NO CLUE as to any PM's, neither do I need any explanation. I'll crawl back in my hole now because I don't want to be known as a "reverse self righteous" jerk. That was a really good one though Rick. :wink:

Lata guys and gals, have fun.

Roen

This definitely would've been fun, though I've got so much on the go right now I wouldn't be able to find the time. I'm an avid listener to Death Metal and Symphonic Metal, definitely my favorite genre by far.

Looking forward to see what people come up with, :rock-n-roll:

3dsignco

WAY TO GO JOE.

That was the same reason I was glad I missed the entry.. I would have no idea where to start. Last heavy metal album I bought was Quiet Riot. 1983

G

gps-hi

ooo... wish I'd signed up now. Not my choice in music or apparel but could be hell of fun to design. Heck I might do one just for kicks.