Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Design-Off #4 VOTING Take 2

Discussion in 'Classroom Assignments' started by Doyle, Mar 18, 2008.

Design Off #4 Best Design

Poll closed Mar 21, 2008.
  1. Entry #1

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Entry #2

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  3. Entry #3

7 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Entry #4

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. Entry #5

2 vote(s)
    1.7%
  6. Entry #6

51 vote(s)
    43.2%
  7. Entry #7

25 vote(s)
    21.2%
  8. Entry #8

6 vote(s)
    5.1%
  9. Entry #9

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  10. Entry #10

17 vote(s)
    14.4%
  1. Rick

Rick Certified Enneadecagon Designer

Apr 17, 2003
    Valle Vista
    I think you have a point in staying close to the parameters to keep it on an even playing field. But you have to know some sly devil will try to find a loophole to push the limits of the design.

By the way, my favorite is #10. I like the fact that the "R" and triangle hangs out. When I was learning about design a mentor took me to a sign and asked to stare at it. His point was, it's an inclination to look at it straight on, a lot signs are not usually viewed head on. Part of the fun is adding dimensional elements to add visual interest at every point of view. Occasially backward elements add to that, especially if thicknesses are complimentary. #10 is unapologetic about it, hang the "R" out, why not, I personally like that. (and the free beer doesn't hurt either)

2. Service Sign Co

Service Sign Co Very Active Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Southaven
    All seriousness aside, It is a good idea to have some participation in these projects, being that it is entertaining and helpful, no one that participates expects to get anything. I am actually surprised that the members have kept it going this long:thumb:

3. all I can say is WOW!
    what talent!!! nice job everyone.

4. onesource

onesource Very Active Member

Feb 12, 2007
    Killer work!!!!
    #10 for me though!!