• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designing my logo. Opinions please

abadsvt

I was hoping to get your guys opinions on my new logo I have been working on. Good or bad doesn't matter. If everyone doesn't care for it any ideas on what to do to change it a little would be much appreciated.

Attachments

• SLO County SIGNS Logo2.jpg
    SLO County SIGNS Logo2.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 164

animenick65

Honestly, even if you have some of the best skills in the world, your better off paying someone to design it for you. Someone who does this day in and day out, who is unbiased and can take your ideas in both logo design and how you want your business to come across and make something truly fantastic for you. Just my $.02.

Mosh

I don't like how the desender in county goes over the "s". Script works better as upper and lower case, for the SLO.

Malkin

First thought: Don't use the little guy in the actual logo. He may be useful for some sorts of advertising, but it doesn't look right as part of a logo.

iSign

write 100 words about you, your business, your skills, your strengths, your weaknesses, your clients, your hopes & dreams for the direction your business will go, & your current marketing in use (if any) as well as any important likes/dislikes in terms of graphics, colors etc...

...then ask for our opinion on your logo.

These are just some of the things you should know when designing (or critiquing) a logo for someone...

in fact, check out THIS blog post I borrowed!

Craig Sjoquist

I like the way it read as a thumbnail bam SIGNS .then SLO County then what looks like a someone walking .. don't get that but ...it sure read well as far as layout that's the way to do it, you want your eye to move like that in someway and you got it.

This is where ya your starting to form a brand, so sleep on it a bit

the top line would have more contrast if ya used a serif font VS sans serif font signs,
Which I may ask what font does the county of Slo use .. would use that localizes it better then contrast that

the little guy walking put you as a sign walker company ? but I liked the walker carrying the name
, if not probably change that idea

abadsvt

Thanks for all your opinions! I really appreciate it!

Someone asked what we do. We are a regular sign shop that does banners, vinyl plotting and printing, and started getting into vehicle wraps. We also do some sign installation.

Thanks Mosh and Jmanes7 for ideas. Jmanes7 I like the little guy holding the sign with the phone #. Great idea. Mosh I REALLY like that logo! What font is that? Like the colors and everything about it. GREAT JOB!

Thanks again guys!

Josh

SignManiac

Here's a different direction. You don't need the phone number "IN" your logo. Name, and your service is most important.

This is done in black and white for contrast and readability first. Now you can play with any other colors you might fancy.

Attachments

• SLOCOUNTY.jpg
    SLOCOUNTY.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 175

Tiki

Font Sage
Or have the caricature adjusting the S in Signs :wink:

Attachments

• sloSIGNS.jpg
    sloSIGNS.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 181

iSign

write 100 words about you, your business, your skills, your strengths, your weaknesses, your clients, your hopes & dreams for the direction your business will go, & your current marketing in use (if any) as well as any important likes/dislikes in terms of graphics, colors etc...

or don't