• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Designing my logo. Opinions please

JR's

:thumb::thumb:this sight is sow cool to see how different Artus take the same idea in different directions.

JR

abadsvt

Thanks everyone for there ideas and comments. I have been really sick with the flu the last few days and haven't done a second draft yet. One thing though is i am getting rid of the little blue guy. I might use him for other little things but for my logo he's "fired".:tongue: Also i would like to clarify my comment in regards to "isigns" advice. Just went back and re-read my comment to it. It did sound like I was just blowing it off but thats not the case. I haven't done it yet but since i am just starting to feel better i will start making my list. I do appreciate the advice! Incase i don't make it back on before thursday. I hope everyone has a great thanksgiving!

Josh

iSign

no worries...
it sounded like you might fear the fact that the internet is a public place.
A lot of us have seen how that can come back and bite us... so my business name is no longer my username here & my logo (containing my name) is no longer in my avatar, or my signature...

I can't get the full value of this place without revealing this sort of information from time to time, (which I think will be true for you too) ...but I'm liking not having it constantly available on every post I make.

I think you will benefit from asking yourself those questions (plus the 20 more on my blog) even if you don't post the answers... but for people to give you the best help (& for the significant benefits usually seen here when folks asking for help, also show us the work they are doing to help themselves) I think it will be worth posting as much of that kind of info as you can without privacy concerns.

abadsvt

no worries...
it sounded like you might fear the fact that the internet is a public place.
A lot of us have seen how that can come back and bite us... so my business name is no longer my username here & my logo (containing my name) is no longer in my avatar, or my signature...

I can't get the full value of this place without revealing this sort of information from time to time, (which I think will be true for you too) ...but I'm liking not having it constantly available on every post I make.

I think you will benefit from asking yourself those questions (plus the 20 more on my blog) even if you don't post the answers... but for people to give you the best help (& for the significant benefits usually seen here when folks asking for help, also show us the work they are doing to help themselves) I think it will be worth posting as much of that kind of info as you can without privacy concerns.

Yeah I am a little uncomfortable sharing that kind of info over the internet but that make sence about opening up and getting more out of it. Thanks again.

Josh

abadsvt

I was looking for some cool free downloadable fonts when i came across one i really liked. So i uploaded it to my computer and started playing with the font. I kind of came up with a cool logo. I am still doped up on drugs so I thought i would get your opinions. I might be way out in left field. Anyways let me know. Thanks

Attachments

• Slo County Signs logo small.jpg
    Slo County Signs logo small.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 136

Dave Drane

It is just text?? You need to play with some panels. Maybe something rectangle acroos a diamond shape with striped in it?? Then put ur text in a panel. PS I don't like the font much, it is too comicy for a serious business. And also too close to Times Roman which is crap.

Jillbeans

I really dislike that überclose kerning.
I am not trying to be rude, but it looks a jumbled mess.
The only thing I do like is the "I" dot on signs.
Here's a suggestion that tries to keep the "guy" and the fun feel.
Love...Jill

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 147