• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

digital cameras

what camera company do you like the most and would recommend to someone looking for a

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Pro Image

I got a Nikon camera, I love to take the photographs......
Please don't take my KodaChrome away......

Sorry reading this thread that song kept playing in my head.....

I have a little HP22 that I use.....It takes good enough pic for me only thing is that you got to use Lithium batteries in it.....It eats regular one like crazy.....

animenick65

For Semi Pro and Pro Cameras I am A Nikon. Freak.. Still have my first Manual 35mm Nikon from High School (But I do have my Old Pentax K1000 also which I still use for Black and White.)

We bought a Nikon D100 a few years ago and just Love it but they are definitely not in the lower price range once you start adding lenses. I think we have about 5K wrapped in our setup so far and still adding when I find one of those lenses I just can't live without for that one picture that I will take one Day. :rolleyes: (its worse then a Crack habit)

Like Weasel we do have an Old Olympus Camedia 2100 that we use in the shop all the time and it is a very Solid Camera for Vehicle shots and the like for job work.

Use a Nikon D300 myself with 17-55 2.8, 50mm 1.4, and 70-200 2.8 VR. Sick setup. Does just about everything well.

SirSlarty

An Olympus I had was clumy, Fuji's "feel" cheap. I've always used Sonys. A Cannon I borrowed was really nice.

Too many damn options, I'd buy one of each brand if I had the cash.

jshiplet

I have a rebel Xti and it works awesome with the 18~55 and 75~300 lens. My next purchase for this will be a good flash for it. I would say if your going a "good" camera route, cant go wrong with the rebel. But if your going for a point and shoot, its all about size preference, MP hasnt that much to do with a point and shoot in my opinion.

slappy

thanks everyone for the post and votes....i went with a Dyson DC24:help:

we needed something more powerful to suck up dog hair since Ayden will start crawling soon. Go figure!
Camera fund is in the works... i'm leaning toward the canon. Maybe I'll get one for mommies day:rolleyes:

gnatt66

we have a canon sd1000 (for the pocket) and two Nikon d50s (discontinued and 'replaced' by the d40x)

if it was me, id get a Nikon D40x and get a small camera bag and forget the pocket one.

little cameras with little lenses all but suck unless light is good and you are good at keeping still. we have a young son (8 months) and have probably 2000 pics of him already..and the ones we always wanna print/keep were shot with the d50. (we bought our second d50 body for $399 refurb)

and as the budget allows..you can add lenses for different applications :)

point and shoots rarely have the shutter response time to capture stuff like this (insert new daddy smile)

Attachments

• DSC_0002%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    DSC_0002%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 157

Signsforwhile

I think the most important thing to do before buying a camera is to go see it! Go to any major electronics store and play with it. What good is it buying a camera with a bunch of features if you realize they are a pain in the ass to access, its tough to see the picture you're taking etc. If you're satisfied with something in store and want to find it cheaper then do your online shopping.....but always hold it in your hands first.

Sign Prophet

If you can swing it, I would reccommend the Canon Powershot G9. It is hands down the best point and shoot I have ever had. It has a lot of DSLR features (like the ability to shoot in RAW) in a point and shoot camera. It is a little on the heavy side but It takes awesom photos.