• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do all resellers just suck?

I have used both Signs365 and I45(i think) with no problems!

But really.. just buy a printer and be done with that!
From your order thread about how much you make it really should not be a problem

Pat Whatley

Fighting putting off a printer until I've paid off the business purchase, paid off one last credit card, saved $10,000 and saved enough to pay cash for the printer.

If I can find a good enough subcontractor I'll put if off until I can pay cash for a flatbed which will work a whole lot better for us in the long run.

Bigdawg

Just Me
Fighting putting off a printer until I've paid off the business purchase, paid off one last credit card, saved $10,000 and saved enough to pay cash for the printer.

If I can find a good enough subcontractor I'll put if off until I can pay cash for a flatbed which will work a whole lot better for us in the long run.

I think that's very smart... flatbed definitely would be the way to go IMHO.

TheSellOut

I bet you will see prices of flatbed printers drop tremendously here in the next few years! Then you will really see people bitching about how easy it is for some joe shmoe to start a so-called sign business.

S

scarface

I had used 2 guys for my digital work and both shut down. Then i tried 2 others and they blew me off when i asked for samples and they never came in the mail after 3 weeks and they said "oh we got busy sorry".

That's unacceptable. I'm buying my own printer, i just don't know when. Moneys not a problem because i have enough to buy a 30" model but my business is still somewhat new and would like to get more steady.

I'm at the point where you can't trust anyone but yourself and that's the truth.

ProWraps

if you do a lot or coro or aluminum flat bed would deffinately be the way to go. if not a hybrid that gives you the roll to roll option to do wraps and banners and whatnot.

i know cdiesel (chris) does wholesale and he is a very stand up guy with a very legit biz and is a merchant member here. might want to give him a try.

parrott

We do quite a bit of wholesale screen printing on corrugated around town and in our region. We don't have as quick of a lead time as some of these places online, but we never have claimed to. We ask for 5-10 business days and most customers are fine with that.

As far as subbing out prints goes, I was screwed over by the first merchant member I used on this site. I took my business to another wholesaler (signs365) and got the quality I wanted. It's sad that you have to get burned before you learn who you can and can't trust.

Checkers

Hey Pat,
I am by no means knocking the merchant members here. However, a few things I've learned over the years, is to use vendors that are "trade only".

A "retail" vendor that also does wholesale work is a slave to two masters. And, guess who gets dumped on when the #1 master comes calling.

When my reputation is on the line, the financial benefit of using a retail/wholesale shop isn't worth the risk.

Checkers

JD3

While we have our own printer, we use typestries (see post 15!) for all of our coroplast and banner work. Talk about service. Everything we've ever ordered has been shipped out next day or even same day! Thanks for all the great work, Rick!

D&Tgraphics

A "retail" vendor that also does wholesale work is a slave to two masters. And, guess who gets dumped on when the #1 master comes calling.

When my reputation is on the line, the financial benefit of using a retail/wholesale shop isn't worth the risk.

Checkers

Checkers,
I don't think that is 100% true. I know that we usually put the wholesale customers first because we know that they need them for their customers. Maybe we're the exception, but I don't agree with that at all. It shouldn't matter if the customer is retail or wholesale, they're a customer and should get treated the same. But when push comes to shove, we usually put the wholesale first.

WinGraphics

Premium Subscriber
Resellers dont always suck, in fact they can stop scams

I'm a small wholesale print supplier in So Cal. Yesterday one of my best customers called to order 60 3x6 double sided banners. They just sold them and needed them shipped to an orphanage in Guam! The order had come via email and was signed with "Stay Blessed" by some guy.

This is the second time I have had to tell one of my customers not to complete the order because of a scam!

I guess the most important thing to take from this is to use all of the knowledge and experience from every resource you have. Even if they are from a "lousy" supplier.

i'm sorry if someone is actually falling for that scam they might need a lesson from the school of hard knocks....how did these people make it to this point in life.

dfeicke

I used to use Signs 365 too, until I had a problem with a job they did for me. No response to emails or phone calls to correct the problem. They're outa here.

I'm admitting I'm old school; I really don't care for printers much at all. Too many signs, billboards, posters etc...that haven't been out there that long....all faded out and crappy looking. I know.....I know.....there are a milllion excuses why. It's just another easy way for people taking shortcuts to make a buck.

Pat, if you haven't found a printer yet, try Blake Koehn at Pro Digital Supply.

And I'm just gonna keep thankin' God that I learned to hand letter....

flyingsignmonkey

I have used the guys above from D&T graphics and was more than happy and pleased with the product. I dont do much signage that needs prints so I wont buy a machine. I do mostly channel letters electrical signs and cabinets, so I will use them in the future when it comes up and I have recomended them to others before.
palsitesign.jpg

heres some print work they did for me

Kentucky Wraps

Kentucky Wraps
Not sure if you have tried them or not, and they are not exactly in the Southeast, but Signs365 has been very reliable for me, and I have been sending orders to them for 2 or 3 years now. Turnaround is quick (usually next day) and everything has been shipped on time (I am a 1-day ship so it has been exceptionally fast for me). I believe that they have recently started offering contour cutting as well.

Signs 365 is in Michigan and they must HATE thier customers. They've screwed up sevarlal of my orders..and don't give credit or refunds...and in order to get them to reprint the stuff THEY messed up on...I have to ship it back to them at my cost. So really...it ends up costing ME more money. What the hell kind of way to do business is that? Not to mention the strip of color lacking on 6 inches along the whole side of the coro sheets due to print heads half firing...their response..."Please be informed some variation in print is expected" 1st..how much is "some" and nowhere is that stated in thier terms and conditions. As you can tell..i'm beyong TICKED!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Signs 365 is in Michigan and they must HATE thier customers. They've screwed up sevarlal of my orders..and don't give credit or refunds...and in order to get them to reprint the stuff THEY messed up on...I have to ship it back to them at my cost. So really...it ends up costing ME more money. What the hell kind of way to do business is that? Not to mention the strip of color lacking on 6 inches along the whole side of the coro sheets due to print heads half firing...their response..."Please be informed some variation in print is expected" 1st..how much is "some" and nowhere is that stated in thier terms and conditions. As you can tell..i'm beyong TICKED!

If you want to complain about a vendor, please either start your own thread or create a vendor review in the Reviews Section.

iSign

I don't blame you for being ticked, but WTF!!!!
...why dredge up 2 pages of ancient history?
bad form in my opinion, just start a damn thread!