• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do NOT buy a Roland in the North East

Flame

"Flamer", if that is your true avatar I can see why you write like you do. You're a punk *** kid who probably hasn't been in the business for a year and has no real debt to cover so you don't see that being down two months is nothing but more time to play XBOX 360.

haha we have a lively one here! Bro I'm not going to get into a pissing match with you. I've been in business for 8 years now if you must now and have had a few large format printers. I've learned lot in those years, including a few good places to get supplies, equipment and service from and a few places where not to get things from. I have also learned how to get things done in a timely manner so I do not have downtime, and how to get service from people when I really need it.

Flamboyant jaw-flapping on the internet and insulting numerous respected shops who have been in this business for decades, in the mannerism of a spoiled 12 year brat who speaks before he thinks....well, is not a technique that will get you very far in life. So no offense if I really don't feel sorry for you or try to help you, even when I know I can :)

CentralSigns

Cant imagine not being able to get any service. Money talks. I would be loading up the printer and driving to service if there wasn't any. this is just too weird

Fatboy

You have someone who works directly for Roland offering to help you find a reliable tech to do a job you need done badly, and you simply keep flaming on? You don't want help, you are either a 1. drunk 2. moron 3. troll

YOU HAVE SOMEONE WORKING FOR ROLAND, right here, in this thread, following it, willing to find someone to help you do something I know for a fact is NOT an easy task. You had a problem with 4 techs, big whoop, there are thousands in this country.

Cut the attitude and I bet enough people would jump in to help that you'd be up and running within a week.
Thank goodness. Someone is saying something I have been feeling ! I agree with Flame! Say thank you,drop the attitude and start sorting out the problem!

Fatboy

this reminds me of when i get customers that come to me from other wrap shops b***hing about them blah blah blah.

at first i though oh awesome! i get to take their business and help this person.

yeah no. after the first one i realized the other shop dumped them because they were an ***hat. now when the situation arises i run.

:thankyou::goodpost:

Fatboy

this reminds me of when i get customers that come to me from other wrap shops b***hing about them blah blah blah.

at first i though oh awesome! i get to take their business and help this person.

yeah no. after the first one i realized the other shop dumped them because they were an ***hat. now when the situation arises i run.

Come-on, Andrew, if you REALLY want to help the guy out, just send him the codes he asked for, so he can install the heads himself and get up and running.

It will save a tech from a very long drive, I'm sure.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go out-side the corporate box, Roland already makes ba-billions, just HELP someone out, you might even get the Karma back some day when YOU need it!

:thankyou:

The codes is all over this sight.The op must just search for them...or is this Rolands fault as well?

Fatboy

Too funny.

Printer down for 2+ months ??

No support why ? Either you buy no ink or do not pay your bills.

I know Peers in Bosnia and Russia who get better service on machines.

Coming here and now dissing good people on this site will not help you...

Come on if one of my machines was down for more than 2 hours I would make sure a tech was in route.
If it takes you 2+ months to figure out how to change a head on a Roland you are not inthe right business..

Get real...
Exactly......Ilive in Africa and have the best service ever from my tech.I will have a printhead replaced in under 2 hours from my local guy.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hope you get your problems fixed.... one way or another.

I'd take the day off and go grouse hunting and after being out in the fresh air.... approach this problem with a clear head.

Joe Diaz

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
You beat me to the punch. I was going to post the same thing. LOL

I can understand the frustrations of getting someone to come down/up to service your equipment (ooh that sounded dirty LOL). In our case it wasn't Roland that was our problem, it was the distributor that we purchased the Versacamm from. It seems like for some of these distributors you have beg to get them to travel anywhere outside of heavily populated cities. When your equipment is down waiting for days is unacceptable. Especially when selling the printer they claimed that you would only be down for a few hours. So I can understand the frustration.

What I don't understand is taking your frustrations out on the people on this forum who are trying to help.

For us our choices were to either find a different distributor that gave a damn about our business or skip the middle man and go straight to the source... Roland. In the end we have done a little bit of both.

At the end of the day, I can't say enough good things about Roland. They have treated us well, and our Roland printers and plotters have been great to own.

I hope you figure it out.

phototec

Bad service (no service)

Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start

You beat me to the punch. I was going to post the same thing. LOL

I can understand the frustrations of getting someone to come down/up to service your equipment (ooh that sounded dirty LOL). In our case it wasn't Roland that was our problem, it was the distributor that we purchased the Versacamm from. It seems like for some of these distributors you have beg to get them to travel anywhere outside of heavily populated cities. When your equipment is down waiting for days is unacceptable. Especially when selling the printer they claimed that you would only be down for a few hours. So I can understand the frustration.

What I don't understand is taking your frustrations out on the people on this forum who are trying to help.

For us our choices were to either find a different distributor that gave a damn about our business or skip the middle man and go straight to the source... Roland. In the end we have done a little bit of both.
I hope you figure it out.

SignStudent & Joe Diaz

Is this key sequence JUST for the SP300 or will it also work for the SP540?

Joe you are so right about the local dealers NOT providing good after the sale service, just because you are 70 miles away from them. I have had a similar case to yours, I'll have to find another dealer or go directly to Roland. I will tell you that last year I was at a trade show in Dallas, ran into the Roland area rep and voiced my concerns to him, basically complaining about the poor service I was getting from my local dealer, and he asked me to try and work it out with the dealer before getting Roland Corp. involved.

Well, after several phone calls and emails to the dealer, and they have either NOT responded to emails or returned phone calls as they promised, my only choice is to go directly to Roland Corp in California.

It is frustrating to pay the local dealer for a very expensive printer, and then they will not provide the follow up service needed just because you are not in the same town.

:omg:

phototec

Actually that particular code is for the Nintendo.:Big Laugh

Ok, now I know why that didn't work, after entering the codes, all the printer did was start printing the Nintendo screen...

:ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• Roland codes.jpg
    Roland codes.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 103

Joe Diaz

Ok, now I know why that didn't work, after entering the codes, all the printer did was start printing the Nintendo screen...

:ROFLMAO:

If you ever run into an issue where those prints are blurry you may want to take out the ink cartridges and blow on them, then put them right back in. That usually does the trick. :thumb:

OldPaint

1st off how many of the people posting have ever been to or from MAINE? i see 1!!!!!! i dont know the guy doing the complaining, but getting on him for some AH TECHS failure to show up............is a little dumb.
now, that being said, how many of you KNOW ANY MAINE PEOPLE? this guy is typical of the self supporting hard headed people who live there!!!! I KNOW, 8 years i lived in "the county." andrew your best shot is to get to a ROLAND DIST from boston north.......find out who SOLD THIS MAN his equipment,(iam sure one of these dist has a record of his complaint) FIRE THE TECHS........that was supposed to show........get him fixed.....and i would only look for a thank you and parts payment. solve the problem, dont add to it.

J

john1

Wow, the best post you have made by far. LOL

I know someone is going to send a package to a pain in the *** tire kicker on here lol

zmatalucci

I've used that website before..One of my wifes co-workers commented on her weight right after having our baby, so I sent him a box of s**t. Fists ( which I wanted to use ) would have cost her the job.

Last edited by a moderator: