• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Do NOT buy a Roland in the North East

Custom_Grafx

You have someone who works directly for Roland offering to help you find a reliable tech to do a job you need done badly, and you simply keep flaming on? You don't want help, you are either a 1. drunk 2. moron 3. troll

YOU HAVE SOMEONE WORKING FOR ROLAND, right here, in this thread, following it, willing to find someone to help you do something I know for a fact is NOT an easy task. You had a problem with 4 techs, big whoop, there are thousands in this country.

Cut the attitude and I bet enough people would jump in to help that you'd be up and running within a week.

+1

Roland are one of the most responsive people you'll ever deal with bud. and when there's a screw up, trust me, they are eager to know about it.

Get in touch with Andrew O with your details and let him help you.

and... next time, don't put up with screw ups for 2 months. Far too long. 1 week tops, then escalate.

niksagkram

:goodpost:
You have someone who works directly for Roland offering to help you find a reliable tech to do a job you need done badly, and you simply keep flaming on? You don't want help, you are either a 1. drunk 2. moron 3. troll

YOU HAVE SOMEONE WORKING FOR ROLAND, right here, in this thread, following it, willing to find someone to help you do something I know for a fact is NOT an easy task. You had a problem with 4 techs, big whoop, there are thousands in this country.

Cut the attitude and I bet enough people would jump in to help that you'd be up and running within a week.
:goodpost:

ProWraps

this reminds me of when i get customers that come to me from other wrap shops b***hing about them blah blah blah.

at first i though oh awesome! i get to take their business and help this person.

yeah no. after the first one i realized the other shop dumped them because they were an ***hat. now when the situation arises i run.

Last edited by a moderator:

phototec

Please PM me with your contact information and I would be more than happy to call you so that we can resolve this.

Come-on, Andrew, if you REALLY want to help the guy out, just send him the codes he asked for, so he can install the heads himself and get up and running.

It will save a tech from a very long drive, I'm sure.

Sometimes you just have to bite the bullet and go out-side the corporate box, Roland already makes ba-billions, just HELP someone out, you might even get the Karma back some day when YOU need it!

:thankyou:

SignManiac

Yep, my thoughts exactly!

Tim

Whoa. First off, you've got to calm down. 99% of the people on this site are offering help. I own the same machine and lost a head two weeks ago. back up and running after 5 days and that is after I blew the fuse in the main board, had to remove it, ship it, have it shipped back and put it back together. I am willing to walk you through the steps if you want. I too know what you are saying about some Roland Techs. However some are incredible. I will give you the persons name and # that helped me, or walk you through the steps if you contact me. If you have a small bit of mechanical ability this is SIMPLE.
Good Luck

CustomRide

Here are 4 service code options attached for you. I keep these on my phone. Some of them are pics taken directly from the forums here. Some codes I notice will not work the first time but the second or third try they get past the service protected option.

I have went through the exact same thing with Roland dealers as well.... to be honest I have had the same problem with Mutoh and Mimaki is even worse FROM MY personal experience...this may vary from individual, region and dealer.

Its nice how you can drop a coin on these and the salesman don't stop calling you...but trying to get you back up and running is like pulling teeth....and forget trying to get a tech out next day.

Its time for you to get a nice set of magnetic tip screw drivers and make sure the power is completely disconnected when replacing parts.

Keep ink away from the electrical ribbons and connections points on the print heads.

Hope this answers your inquiry.

Good Luck.

Attachments

• IMG00068-20100827-1710.jpg
    IMG00068-20100827-1710.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG00101-20100912-1845.jpg
    IMG00101-20100912-1845.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG00102-20100912-1848.jpg
    IMG00102-20100912-1848.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG00147-20100928-2255.jpg
    IMG00147-20100928-2255.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 99

Tim

Service Mode

Try Down, Right, Left, Up, Right, Down, Left...
Then Left, Down, Right and power on all at the same time. This is what worked my sp-300v.
best of luck!

Steveloaf

The mouth runners

Well, I did get the help I needed and I would suggest that any of you dirt bags who want to run me down for my opinion of this situation kindly send me the last two months of your wages. Oh my... mister "up and running in five days" has a positive attitude... well why not? YOUR PROBLEM WAS FIXED IN LESS THAN A WEEK AND YOU WEREN'T JERKED AROUND FOR TWO MONTHS. I am also guessing that you tools who want to jump on me also don't live over three hours from the area where your service comes from so they don't mind traveling right out to fix your stuff.

"Flamer", if that is your true avatar I can see why you write like you do. You're a punk *** kid who probably hasn't been in the business for a year and has no real debt to cover so you don't see that being down two months is nothing but more time to play XBOX 360.

If I had an issue and was being stubborn about fixing it with a tech I could see people wanting to pile on me. However, if you've been burned four times over a period of two months waiting "next week" for this guy and then "another week" for that guy pretty soon you don't want to hear about the next one in line who is supposedly going to help you.

I have two other sign maker friends who are just as angry about how I have been treated and they have been a part of this process right along with me so no, I am not an example of your disgruntled customer who wants to complain or a person who just can't get along with tech support people. I am also not stingy and have more than happily been willing to pay each of those guys if they ever decided to show up or in the case of one guy finish the job he started.

With the exception of the few nice folks who offered and I include Andrew in the list, (I am just skeptical and RIGHTLY so that I want to deal with another tech), I have seen that this place is pretty much a waste of server drive space. Thanks to those who did PM and email me. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

ProWraps

Well, I did get the help I needed and I would suggest that any of you dirt bags who want to run me down for my opinion of this situation kindly send me the last two months of your wages. Oh my... mister "up and running in five days" has a positive attitude... well why not? YOUR PROBLEM WAS FIXED IN LESS THAN A WEEK AND YOU WEREN'T JERKED AROUND FOR TWO MONTHS. I am also guessing that you tools who want to jump on me also don't live over three hours from the area where your service comes from so they don't mind traveling right out to fix your stuff.

"Flamer", if that is your true avatar I can see why you write like you do. You're a punk *** kid who probably hasn't been in the business for a year and has no real debt to cover so you don't see that being down two months is nothing but more time to play XBOX 360.

If I had an issue and was being stubborn about fixing it with a tech I could see people wanting to pile on me. However, if you've been burned four times over a period of two months waiting "next week" for this guy and then "another week" for that guy pretty soon you don't want to hear about the next one in line who is supposedly going to help you.

I have two other sign maker friends who are just as angry about how I have been treated and they have been a part of this process right along with me so no, I am not an example of your disgruntled customer who wants to complain or a person who just can't get along with tech support people. I am also not stingy and have more than happily been willing to pay each of those guys if they ever decided to show up or in the case of one guy finish the job he started.

With the exception of the few nice folks who offered and I include Andrew in the list, (I am just skeptical and RIGHTLY so that I want to deal with another tech), I have seen that this place is pretty much a waste of server drive space. Thanks to those who did PM and email me. Hope you enjoy your holiday.

HEYYYYOOOOOOOO!!!!! lets get this party started!!

Stealth Ryder

WOW... I can't even come up with words to describe how I feel about your attitude... As a tech who travels the country every week I can assure you that I would never take you on as a customer and I base this on your 1st post on this subject, that might explain why why no other tech is willing to help or come back to finish the job... Sometimes if you point fingers enough you run out of targets and need to look in the mirror to find the real problem...

ProWraps

About Steveloaf
Locations
Boston, MA
Company
qdqd
Work Description
qwdqd
Position
qwdqd
Plotters & Printers
qdqdd
Signmaking & Graphics Software
dqdwd
Interests
xasxas

yeah. your a real stable guy. a real winner some might say. i can see why EVERYONE wanted to work with you.

skyhigh

what a tool.
your 30" printer is down and you're totally out of business? wahhhhhhahahaha

Perhaps you should learn a few other aspects of the sign business?

Too funny.

Printer down for 2+ months ??

No support why ? Either you buy no ink or do not pay your bills.

I know Peers in Bosnia and Russia who get better service on machines.

Coming here and now dissing good people on this site will not help you...

Come on if one of my machines was down for more than 2 hours I would make sure a tech was in route.
If it takes you 2+ months to figure out how to change a head on a Roland you are not inthe right business..

Get real...

Techman

Some of the posts on this thread are just wrong.

Another example of pile on the victim mentality.

If he is not getting service and is being left out because he is so far away then he has every right to flame.

Is his complaint any different from all those who whine about the low ballers?

phototec

back up and running after 5 days and that is after I blew the fuse in the main board,

had to remove it,

ship it,

have it shipped back and put it back together.

You shouldn't have to ship a MAIN BOARD to anyone to REPLACE a FUSE, the fuse should be USER changeable, just like in many electrical products.

The purpose of a FUSE, is just that, an electrical part that is made to blow and be then replaced.

You shouldn't have to ship a MAIN BOARD to anyone to REPLACE a FUSE, the fuse should be USER changeable just like in many electrical products.

The purpose of a FUSE, is just that, an electrical part that is made to blow and be then replaced.

However, it sounds like Roland designs the fuse to ONLY be replaced by them, smart on their part (more revenue for them), bad for the end user who could do the replacement in 5 minutes, if it was designed to be replaceable, and then be back up and running, without being down 5 days.

:frustrated: