• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Anyone Have A Lynx?

yellowmack

I bought a lynx from signwarehouse and it came with no manual.....I am tring to figure out if there is an easier way to move the arm to smaller or bigger lengths...for different size viynl...I have been moving it by hand and i have a good feeling that is tottaly wrong.

Ronda

What do you mean by the arm. I think my first cutter was a lynx. I will check in the morning for sure.

Are you talking about the pinch rollers?

Ronda

yellowmack

yeah...that would be the correct term.....the one i know is stationary but the left one moves left to right so that u can use diff size vinyl

OldPaint

if i was a religous man i would be sayin prayers for YOU BUYIN A PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ))))))))))))))))))
sorry to be blunt, but i wish ya luck. you woulda been future ahead with a USED NAME BRAND PLOTTER....seriously.
my 1st plotter was a ROLAND 20". it served me from 1992-2001 with no problems but i outgrew its speed and size limitions.
i got a USED ROLAND PNC-1100 full 24" 33ips 350 gr downforce in 2001 for $1000. then i bought another just like it for my mobile shop for same price. still have them.
i was given a deal on a ROLAND CX-300 last yr and i love it.......so i can say how good USED ROLANDS ARE......

CV Signs

Yeah...you can't F-up a Roland. I started with a PNC 1100 as well, but damn that thing was loud! Those were made sometime before 95 I believe...then I moved to a PNC 960..and I don't know when those were made. Now I have a 24" Mamiki, which I use for vinyl, and I have switched the 960 to cutting tint only. Both those rolands will probably outlast your life haha.

ghetto_cowboy

why bash the guys cutter? sure talk all the shit ya want if he's in the "roland" thread asking about lynx but this is the miscellaneous thread

Pro Image

You have to move the pinch rollers by hand on any of the machines Ive ever owned (Roland, Graphtec, Gerber).............

Why didn't you get a Manual? I would let Signwarehouse know and they'll send you one out..............................

stip

I have a Lynx that I purchased in 2004. I use it almost daily and it hasn't missed a lick. I am considering buying a second one since business is picking up. I love it!

Ronda

The pinch rollers slide, but be careful, they break too!!

My first one was a lynx, the only reason I got a graphtec is because one of the pinch rollers broke (the little platic piece that holds the spring) on the lynx. They were on order for about a month and I needed to cut 12' graphics for a truck. With one pinch roller not holding down well it didn't track worth a darn. So I bought a 30" graphtec. But I didn't have any problems with the lynx. In fact I got the pinch rollers and use both cutters all the time.

Ronda

imaSIGNr

I have a 30" Panther. You do need to move the pinch rollers by hand, but don't move them while they're in the locked position.

I have (2) for my Panther, but they are not exactly the same or I might send you one. SW will send you one.

I don't know if you can get any info under your help button in your software program.

OldPaint

why bash the guys cutter? sure talk all the shit ya want if he's in the "roland" thread asking about lynx but this is the miscellaneous thread
OH THE INDIGNATION))))))))))))))))))))))SAAAAWEEEEE
you feel better now?????????
plotters are like anything else you buy....YOU BUY CRAP, YOU NEVER KNOW ANY BETTER!!!!!
use this same concept for HAND TOOLS/POWER TOOLS/LAWN TRACTOR/WEED EATER/pick anything....
HARBOR FREIGHT sells sockets and rachets....BUT I BUY ONLY CRAFTSMAN/SNAP-ON/MATCO/CORNWALL. i only wnat to buy em once!!!
they also sell DRILL PRESSES......but i bought a DELTA from LOWES....i dont want to return it for another one.
CAR PARTS: DISCOUNT/AUTO ZONE/PEP BOYS/ all good for chemicals, floor mats, bling bling, air fresheners. i WILL NOT BUY hard parts(starter/alter/rotors/pads/shoes/ water pump from them.
NAPA is the place i buy these things....why? cause i only got to put em on ONCE!!!!!!!

they(HF) also sell power tools.....but i buy DEWALT/MILLWAKI/CRAFTSMAN/RYOBI ........
lawn tractors MURRAY/YARD MASTER....get what you pay for....i bought a KUBOTA TRACTOR....last one ill buy in my life.....now do i make any sence???????????
ITS YOUR MONEY.....SPEND IT WISLY!!!!

creative

mimaki cutters are the best at least on the 24" size

faster, accurate, durable affordable etc... we own 4 great piece of equiptment.

imaSIGNr

We all buy from China or other countries. You can't escape it. It wasn't too long ago that Zenith was the only tv you could buy made in America anymore. That's not true anymore. I bought one actually several years back when the salesman told me that. It was the biggest piece of junk, and when it broke within a year I forget the reason, but they would not stand good for it.
It would be great if we could say that America made the best of things, but fact is they don't make squat anymore. I don't know all about the sign machinery industry, but it's all made somewhere else.....
There are machines that are better and some that are not so good, but if a person is starting out and is on a low budget and small client base. Why spend $15,000 when $4000 will do. This forum is full of threads with people needing help with every brand of printer, cutter computer made. It's not right to just jump on someone because they spent less money than you did. If you don't want to offer any help, then don't, but why do people go out of their way to trash talk someone because of the equipment they bought.
.........amen

Greenthorn

My Lynx has been working almost daily for 20 months. It has paid for itself many many times over, and has never failed. Well, it doesn't track worth sh%&, but hey, that's what I paid for.

GARY CULY

O.P. i have a 30 inch GERBER over on the sale board ..can you believe nobody bought it yet? what up with people bying up these cheapo cutters latly? seems someone would want a real machine out there ...

OldPaint

O.P. i have a 30 inch GERBER over on the sale board ..can you believe nobody bought it yet? what up with people bying up these cheapo cutters latly? seems someone would want a real machine out there ...
my point exactly gary.......to many here of FOREST GUMP line...........and they all belive CHEAP EQUIPMENT/NO TALENT and they to can make BIG MONEY.....it aint so folks.....