• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Does Anyone Have A Lynx?

Jillbeans

Scott, I just completed an $18K job with my little old 4B, and it never ran off the sprockets once.
I can put a roll of Oracal 651 on it before I go to bed and it will cut all night like a faithful employee. I've cut as many as 40 yards without a slip-up.
I'm a professional small shop, not a hobbyist.
Love....Jill

OldPaint

70IN Whats that like a little less than 6ft..........................I have a Gerber Fastrack 750 just like the one Gary is selling I have run 120ft in one set of cuts without repositioning the vinyl...........Let a 500.00 machine do that.....................

As for Old Paint being from TX...........I didn't see NO HORNS in your speedo pic OP................lol hahahahaha

2 INCHES SHORT OF 6 FOOT....since your not so good at math)))))))))))))
i said... i was born in texas....BUT PARENTS MOVED BACK TO PA(50 miles south of jill).....when i was couple months old....)))))))))))))))

Flame

PitchBlack, I was making $50 when I was 16 years old. Not making ATLEAST that is a choice. You made yours, I made mine.

The Lynx is crap, I think we all know that. But that said, it's better than a lot of other crud out there. And it DOES work. Just not as well or fancy (I've actually looked at these suckers:cool: ).

I don't see how owning a Lynx 100% discredits you though, no more than a guy driving an Accord rather than a BMW.

And we call ignore who we'd like to ignore. Just cuz OP is older doesn't make him an expert, same goes to Geary (just using your guys ages as examples, sorry.:biggrin: ), and.... o... whoever else is on here and is over 50. LOL. Its what you do in those years that counts, and the kind of work you put out that truly counts. I've seen guys in their 40's-50's just never really get it... and I know of a kid a couple years younger than me that smokes mein both design and production capabilities, he simply learned quicker and had a knack for the job.

That's my $0.02 on everything.:thumb:

Holeshotrob

Ok, the problem I have with this is that you all obviously don't know who makes the Panther plotters for SW, do you?

Graphtec....one of the "big" plotter makers. Didn't see that one coming did ya?

I have a signwarehouse plotter and I dare you to tell me that my work is substandard or of a lesser quality than yours. I have been doing this for over 15 yrs and have used alot of equipment from the Gerber Edge up to a full flatbed printer that can lay images on full sized closet doors and beyond.

Don't be a dick because someone bought a "lower quality" plotter. They probably had a limited budget (like me) at their start up and did the best they could with what they had. We all have to start someplace, and they are obviously trying to improve because they are here asking for help. So instead of kicking shit on someone and their equipment and design skills, try to be a normal human and lend a hand or shut the hell up.

PS - You guys probably made fun of the kids who wore Sears Toughskins instead of Levi's and Chuck Taylors instead of Air Jordans, huh?

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Ok, the problem I have with this is that you all obviously don't know who makes the Panther plotters for SW, do you?

Graphtec....one of the "big" plotter makers. Didn't see that one coming did ya?

Well, sort of... The Sign Warehouse 'Q' series, a recent addition, is made by Graphtec. The other Panther , Lynx, kitty-cat, whatever machines are/were made by GCC, China's own Great Computer Corporation and are rather pedestrian machines. They'll work and if you've never seen anything else, you'll think they're OK.

GCC seemed to step on its crank when it tried to retro-fit their version of automatic registration sensing to their current line of machines. The result was a cobbled together abomination that worked seldom, if ever, and you had to have fingers like a elf to remove the blade holder.

Holeshotrob

Well luckily, I guess, I've never had any problems with my plotter and as soon as I can afford another plotter, I'm probably gonna buy a Roland.

I know they (SW plotters) are more cheaply made, but some guys need that to get going. I did. I got a decent package for around $1700 total. It will always be my backup til it breaks.

I'm just tired of people ripping apart someones equipment for no reason. Have you ever seen Louis armstrongs first trumpet? Or BB king's first guitar? Bet they were from a pawn shop and yet look what they did with them.

Let's all just grow up a little shall we?

PS - Thanks for being civil Bob!