• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Opinion Does anyone have a set fee.........................??

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
I always base survey pricing on time, usually with the agreement that it would be rolled into a contract with the purchase of a sign/work related to the survey.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that works, but in this case, I know I won't be doing any signs. They're getting this information so they can make the signs and then they will probably award the installation to the cheapest bidder in the area.

GaSouthpaw

Profane and profane accessories.
Hard to say. As someone else mentioned, there are the national companies that say "we'll give you this much."
I hated those, unless I just wanted to take a drive in the country on the weekend.
I quote the hourly rate. They can take it or leave it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Just heard back from them. Seems my contact was out sick a few days, but they were alright with my price, but wanted me to wait 45 to 60 days for payment. I don't do that for regular established accounts, let alone a third party person. Told him thanks, but no thanks. He said, well maybe we can..... Nope, either get me proof the check is cut and I'll go or it's a no go for me. I said thanks and he said, well, we always use these terms with our POs. Good for you, but those are your terms and since I'm the one doing the work, these are my terms. I bid him farewell, before a squabble ensued and hung up.

I just like happy endings.

Johnny Best

I do not mind waiting 45-60 days for payment if they are a well established company. Some have 3rd party companies who make the payment and it takes that long. You can go on the website make the bill out, submit it and keep up with the process. When you do finally get the payment it feels like someone sent you free money.
I also am bad about billing and it might take me 45-60 days to put a bill together.

bannertime

Getting pretty tired of buyers trying to set their own payment terms. "We only cut checks twice a month, and we'll cut your check 30 days after the goods have been approved by the supervisor." Heck, one company is demanding we double our insurance, or else. What's gotten into people these days? "Come measure everything on my building and give me the measurements so I can shop around. Oh, by the way, you NEED to give me a good deal." Sorry, rant over. That said, we used to feed to site inspection into the final invoice, but now we're going to start billing separately. If they use us, we'll "refund" a portion of it as payment on the final total.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
You got that right. This is a subject good for another thread and will probably gets lotsa posts.

Ya wanna start it..... or should I ?? Taking a risk of being on the 'Gino Show' if I start it. :bushmill:

Marlene

45 to 60 days isn't as bad as the 120 days people. they also seem to be the ones that require that you submit your survey with all photos to a portal or you wont' get paid

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Guess, I've just gotten to an age, where I don't no sh!t from customers. Not that I'm mean, but..... ya know what.... how 'bout we start a new thread about this part of the game ??

Johnny Best

Who are the headliners for the Gino Show this week, Chinese acrobat named Lance, stupid dog tricks, knife throwers, TopoGigio and Skyhigh playing the fool.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Jo-Jo the dog faced girl.
ugly pets.jpg

and Richard E. Head.... dickiehead for short

big balls.jpg

Gino

Premium Subscriber
And we can answer some of life's long unanswered questions.......................

image001.jpg

equippaint

If your 60+ day payers use a 3rd party processing company, back date your invoice 30 days. Its processed by invoice date and they don't know the difference.

skyhigh

why don't they have the total number of "dislikes" for each person?

Based on the number of "dislikes" in this one thread alone, I'd have to assume you have way more dislikes than you do likes.
I would bet that percentage wise, Stacy has way more than you in the "likes" catagory.

Smart ass comments that get a "like" don't count. Ignorance runs rampant on websites.
I mean, didn't you say on post #4...... "This place is a Joke"?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
If your 60+ day payers use a 3rd party processing company, back date your invoice 30 days. Its processed by invoice date and they don't know the difference.

However, that would leave a paper trail and then your method would be revealed.........

Bigdawg

Just Me
No worries Brian.. this isn't facebook... likes are the least of my concerns here. Gino and I are good - I go off like a lunatic and then we make up. Former friend comment came from a HUGE misunderstanding (which... I was wrong about... ain't gonna lie). But he and I have been buddies too long for him to disown me for my crazy moments or me disown him for his.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
No worries Brian.. this isn't facebook... likes are the least of my concerns here. Gino and I are good - I go off like a lunatic and then we make up. Former friend comment came from a HUGE misunderstanding (which... I was wrong about... ain't gonna lie). But he and I have been buddies too long for him to disown me for my crazy moments or me disown him for his.

I think you mean John. Brian didn't chime in on this one. I think the water out around Pittsburgh is really bad. They all seem a little on edge out there. :banghead: