Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

doming gel resin

Discussion in 'General Signmaking Topics' started by rushworks graphics, Jul 21, 2011.

1. rushworks graphics

rushworks graphics Very Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    i'm looking at buying in some more resin. right now i'm using a one part resin(no mixing) but.....when it hardens it is very stiff and brittle. ok for some uses but, i need to get in some resin that once hardens is slightly flexable/soft so it can be bent without being brittle and will alowe the graphic to be placed on small gentle curves.

my current supplier does have some but the samples i have used have always ended up being tacky once cured, unlike the harder stuff i use. so, i am thinking of getting in some 2 part mix stuff maybe give that a try. anyone have any recommendations?

Tags:
  2. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    anyone do doming? thought there was a few on here that did......

3. NSchlee

NSchlee New Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Talk to Jim Hallstrom at www.Domeit.com

Neal

4. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    we use developement associates
    http://www.daius.com
    they can sell you the material, equipment or just do the job for you
    they also have a 30 versa cam so they can print, cut and dome for you
    ask for david (tell him product identification reffered you)

5. rushworks graphics

Jun 29, 2010
    thanks guys. we do the doming in house so just need to try a different resin that will work for what we need it for. i'll give jim at domeit a call and see what he suggests.

like i said i already do doming, but need a resin that once cured can be some what bent or placed on a soft curve.

6. Gene@mpls

Gene@mpls Very Active Member

Jun 17, 2003
    Blaine, Mn
    What is the brand of the one part resin? Gene

7. scuba_steve2699

scuba_steve2699 Member

Dec 11, 2006
    I use a two part resin that I got from Imprintables Warehouse. We use it on decals and on heat transfer material as it is soft and flexible. I would contact Mike there and see if he can help you and if you want, I can send you a sample of some I have done with it.

8. mac_man_luke

mac_man_luke Member

Aug 2, 2008
    South Australia
    We have just started doing some doming

So far we are using liquid lens which is really good but mighty expensive so looking for cheaper alternative

The resin sets very nicely and is nice and flexible...