• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

doming gel resin

i'm looking at buying in some more resin. right now i'm using a one part resin(no mixing) but.....when it hardens it is very stiff and brittle. ok for some uses but, i need to get in some resin that once hardens is slightly flexable/soft so it can be bent without being brittle and will alowe the graphic to be placed on small gentle curves.

my current supplier does have some but the samples i have used have always ended up being tacky once cured, unlike the harder stuff i use. so, i am thinking of getting in some 2 part mix stuff maybe give that a try. anyone have any recommendations?

petepaz

we use developement associates
http://www.daius.com
they can sell you the material, equipment or just do the job for you
they also have a 30 versa cam so they can print, cut and dome for you
ask for david (tell him product identification reffered you)

thanks guys. we do the doming in house so just need to try a different resin that will work for what we need it for. i'll give jim at domeit a call and see what he suggests.

like i said i already do doming, but need a resin that once cured can be some what bent or placed on a soft curve.

scuba_steve2699

I use a two part resin that I got from Imprintables Warehouse. We use it on decals and on heat transfer material as it is soft and flexible. I would contact Mike there and see if he can help you and if you want, I can send you a sample of some I have done with it.

mac_man_luke

We have just started doing some doming

So far we are using liquid lens which is really good but mighty expensive so looking for cheaper alternative

The resin sets very nicely and is nice and flexible...