• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Don't forget - Wrap & Rap Meetup - 3/10!

ProWraps

hey turd. its la quinta or NOTHING. im silver status bidge. get legit.

um im not kidding im really la quinta silver status. i get the emails on monday.

phototec

I was thinking of buying like an acre, or two, and building one of these -

http://www.olympiabuildings.com/?refer=adwords&gclid=CLDuk9-Xj64CFULd4Aodpz9zgg

I think it's a better idea to buy your land, have a new building put up, designed how you want it, and yes make it about 3 or 4 times larger than you have now.

If you plan and design the layout correctly, you can rent out some of the extra space to help pay for the larger building, then in the future when you need the additional space, you don't renew the lease on the extra space and you move into the other space.

You could build a 15K s/f building, design it as three separate store fronts, with partition walls in between, you occupy two of the spaces for now (10K s/f), rent the third 5K s/f space to someone else, to help you pay for the building.

In the future if something changes in your life, or later when you retire, you can rent out the three separate 5K s/f store fronts, and just be a landlord, like the guy making a living off of you now.

http://www.metalbuildingshopper.com/size_price.htm

The best part about the metal buildings is the metal frame is self supporting and the inside is a large open space (see photo below) which can be divided with non load-bearing partition walls that can be re-arranged as necessary for future modifications etc.

Additional photos show the type of building I like, it has a FLAT shed type roof structure and allows for a flat fascia area on the front of the building for signs and graphics as well as veneer brick to be applied to the front only.

:rock-n-roll:

Attachments

• S_W_9.jpg
    S_W_9.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 76
  • storefront1.jpg
    storefront1.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 60
  • Bldg-photos-frost-pt-022.jpg
    Bldg-photos-frost-pt-022.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 62

cdiesel

Absolutely. What self-respecting shop owner doesn't?
I heard some sort of rumor tonight that Chris is bringing like 100 lbs of beef ribs.. It's all about the babybacks son!

J&R Sign Company

I'm in. Do you by chance have a place at your shop to park an RV for the night? I don't need any hook ups, just a parking spot for the night.

cdiesel

Who else is in? Gotta give the hotel your name if you'd like a room--Spring Training is in session that week so the rooms are hard to come by!

300mphGraphics

Trying to make it work. I'd have to leave early (noon) to run a fundraiser Saturday night for our local Rotary Club. Ribs the night before might be the hook to get me down ;) I can stay with family so don't need to worry about the hotel angle.

Tintman928

Hmmmmmm, this sounds like fun, I could leave here Saturday morning about 630, and be there before 9.......... it'd be nice to go back home where its WARM!!! lol

Will give you a definate answer monday or tuesday, but for now, I'll say yes.

showcase 66

Will be there. Coming to Phoenix tomorrow morning to pick some supplies up. Look forward to meeting everyone and checking out your shop.