• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Drama continues - Wrinkled banner

copythat

Here is what I just presented my CC co. The left shows what I put up. The right side is what the construction company did. My Cc tells me for all they know I did the borders also. I still need a sign sheet that says and I quote. "This order has been approved for payment" F__ing Nuts I tell you.

How many here have such a sheet. I want to see if I'm wrong. My cc tells me for such a big amount of $$ I should have a sheet. I called him a F____ bag! Sorry low testosterone's. I have very little accounts. So my orders are mostly in the thousands when it comes to graphics done on walls or windows. Hence the reason I do so many. To have this moron tell me about this imaginary sheet is just wrong! Unless of course there is one. I would be happy to apologize to him if someone can show it to me.

BEWARE OF X-CHARGE. Great rates, as long as you will allow them to say your guilty til proven innocent. But even when you prove it, it's not enough!

Can you see the difference?

Attachments

• Before&After.jpg
    Before&After.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 65

copythat

Manual

The deposit on order was $2000, balance to be paid on completion. I don't do 50% down, I am more like 80%. I was provided a check for the balance, and deposited a day later. Held it just in case. Two days later is when I get a call to fix banner. Of course after construction company did their part.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Seems today, we have people in positions of authority who don't have a clue about the real world. They never peek out from behind a monitor or stop twittering//facebooking long enough to understand what an impact they have. They know they won't lose their job, because today, you can't fire anyone doing their job regardless of how pathetic they are at it.... just as long as they show up everyday. Besides, most people's inentions are to move on from their current position into something with even more responsibilities, which they will still shed all logic when in office. Almost sounds political, huh ??

I'd call the gym, ask them for a face to face meeting and take someone along who looks and sounds like a lawyer. Tell them you have done everything in your power you can do, but since it doesn't meet their wishes, you'd like to remove it and get rid of it before you lose any more money. Tell them you will refund any monies you have collected from them thus far. If there are any files you created, tell them you will not charge them for any artwork you created. However, they are your property and not theirs. In removing, you won't be responsible for any holes or damage caused by the construction company who put them up poorly after they are removed. If this doesn't meet their satisfaction, then I'd threaten to take them to small claims court. There a real judge will look at pictures and even though you lost with the CC people, he/she being of some normalcy, should find in your favor. Make sure you have the complete paper trail and everything that went on between all of you. Tell them they have 72 hours to either pay up.... or you will be filing. Thank you and walk away. Don't negotiate, unless they say, Okay, let's make this work.

Techman

Always get a signed and accepted delivery page. Always.
If it is not signed and accepted it is not delivered. (as far as the CC company thinks)
We cannot just show up, install it and say all is good. Someone has to sign for it and accept it no matter what it is.
Been there got a trophy..

On the pics.. Looks to me like there are wrinkles before and after anyway. Before has some but after has a lot..

copythat

Thanks for replying Gino

I've left messages to owner. Still hasn't replied. I told them I would look into fixing problem. But his partner wanted everything NOW!

I received word and pricing from Ackeland. And also Merritt from the list, jumped in to tell me they too will be able to help once they can print as one piece. So it's not like I haven't tried. But they want answers yesterday at that time. I mentioned that I'm in contact with people researching it. Even though from beginning, I told them what to expect. But after realizing it really got worst after installation of borders. I just can't stand the fact that they can keep it up and take their money back.

fresh

The deposit on order was $2000, balance to be paid on completion. I don't do 50% down, I am more like 80%. I was provided a check for the balance, and deposited a day later. Held it just in case. Two days later is when I get a call to fix banner. Of course after construction company did their part.

So you are out the deposit, but not the remaining balance?

I would argue with the credit card company that the remaining payment by check was the signature needed to accept the product.

copythat

Can you show me what you use?

Yes Tech I am not escaping the fact that there was wrinkles before borders. But as I explained before, I offered vinyl and spring system to make the banner taut. But vinyl was too expensive for them & spring was out of the question cause of borders. And staple was the only other option for the price. Got that looks fantastic to that looks incomplete. They knew about hem & that i would do best I could with wrinkles.

Someone on this list mentioned that I could have do cut vinyl instead of printing. I would love to know what his charge would have been for two 17' x 12' walls. Cut & installed.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
While it's true you might've ignored or not followed some rules to the nth degree, you still operated your business in a normal practice as to how you do 99.9% of the rest of the time.

You'll need to create and make a very convincing 'Letter of Demand'. This letter will trace and list each and every contact and step of this entire ordeal. Get all of your ducks lined up and start writing. Include, dates, times, and anything in writing you have as back up. Summarize the whole thing and send them a return receipt letter. This will insure they have gotten it and can't deny any pending court case. It will cost a few bucks for that kind of letter, but at the end, be sure to c/c your attorney, local DJ, your accountant, and anyone else on your side.

If what you say is all true, you should have no problems collecting from them, but if they still avoid you, they'll have their day in court to prove you verbally wrong.

I just used this a few months ago and won, hands down. It wasn't for a lot of money, but I'm big on principle and just putting people in their place. It got the job done and another cheap-a$$ client didn't get their way, by acting stubborn.

Unless this gym does this routine to all of their vendors, they won't show up prepared like you will and they'll lose just being stoopid, let alone crooks in their style of payment. It takes very little for a Judge to see who is right and wrong. The more evidence you can produce, the easier you'll win.

If ya need any help, PM me. I've done this quite a few times and it's worked 100%. :thumb:

TammieH

I know this is a bit late...but, for the future...

First I assume the frame that the banners are attached to, are attached permanently to the wall.

If so...

When you made the banners did you make them oversize, so that you had plenty of material to grab, to pull on?

Start at one corner, stretch the opposing corner (being mindful that you are not skewing more than you should or pulling it down hill)
stretch the remaining opposing corners then work down the sides, then top and bottom.

Then trim off the access.

Two people should have been able to stretch these out nicely with this method.