• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

DX7 Roland BN20 Printhead does it take 28 x Pin Cables, 29 x Pin Cable or mixed? anyone know?

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I have found one thing with working on printers is you tend to make mistakes ( hopefully not too expensive ) and that is how you learn, and also if you are working on a faulty printer then you know which things to check.

Blowing the fuses is very common, the amount of posts on here from people who have changed head cables or unplugged them, then the head doesn't work afterwards !
Blowing fuses and breaking head manifolds is a rite of passage for all techs!

adamfromayr

Got one working almost guys looks like the Magenta is blocked or faulty no Magenta ink coming through but was running okay and printing the other colours

Will have to take head off and look closely at it see if i can see any blockage on dampeners etc

2nd BN20 has to wait needs a new encoder strip felt wipers etc all coming in the mail soon

:)

Will be back once they're all fixed

"Slowly but surely"

thanks

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We have original cables for BN-20. We actually specialize in BN-20 ink supplies and materials. We already have a BN2-20 in our office testing for supplies and materials.

Here is the link to the cables. You would need three of SKU# 1000007717 and one of SKU# 1000007716 for one complete set of cable.

adamfromayr

We have original cables for BN-20. We actually specialize in BN-20 ink supplies and materials. We already have a BN2-20 in our office testing for supplies and materials.

Here is the link to the cables. You would need three of SKU# 1000007717 and one of SKU# 1000007716 for one complete set of cable.
Best to advertise on eBay