• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Early Christmas present!

CanuckSigns

We decided to treat ourselves to an early christmas present and get a rolls roller,it just arrived this morning, got it all set up in about an hour, already used it to mount a few signs. what a difference in both time and quality of the finished product, i think this machine is going to see quite a lot of work!

Attachments

• rollsroller 1.jpg
    rollsroller 1.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 137
  • rollsroller 2.jpg
    rollsroller 2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 97

SqueeGee

Nice! We built our own a couple years ago and use it everyday. Do you mind sharing how much this one cost? What size is it?

bigben

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the benefits of this table compared to a regular laminator?

CanuckSigns

Sorry for my ignorance, but what is the benefits of this table compared to a regular laminator?

it's more of a benefit for applying large sheets of vinyl to substrates, with our standard laminator, it took 2 people about 10-15 minutes from start to finish to apply a 4x8 print to a board, with this new machine it takes about 3 minutes for 1 person to do the same job. The big selling point for me was the fact that with 30 minutes of training, someone off the street can apply a board perfectly, which frees up our more experienced installers for more complicated work.

jmcnicoll

Not trying to be rude here, but I can mount full boards alone on a laminator in about 3 minutes as welll. I'm sure these machines do a nice job, but don't see the benefit for the dollar!

Baz

I was also wondering about this piece of equipment. Looks really well built and i am sure is probably an easier learning curve than using a laminator for the same purpose.

But for that price ... I'll buy me two more Royal Sovereigns and still save 5k

CanuckSigns

I doubt anyone can mount a print to a 4x8 mdo board in 3 minutes using a traditional laminator, and if you can I imagine you are pretty beat up by the end of the day if you have 20 or more boards to mount.

everyone who has one can't stop saying good things about them, the way I look at it, it's 6 months wages for an employee, at the end of the day, we have the money, and the machine fills a bottleneck for us.

LeLuni

I didn't know they started making these lower profile versions - Nice!

I'm even more jealous of the two Trotecs you have in the corner there.. you have excellent taste in equipment :)

Z SIGNS

They are at least 10 times faster.
There is no learning curve
There is no threading the machine.
You can use it for laminating and mounting prints to substrates.
You can use it for a weeding table.
There is no waste.
You can save and use scraps.This list could go on and on

it's more of a benefit for applying large sheets of vinyl to substrates, with our standard laminator, it took 2 people about 10-15 minutes from start to finish to apply a 4x8 print to a board, with this new machine it takes about 3 minutes for 1 person to do the same job. The big selling point for me was the fact that with 30 minutes of training, someone off the street can apply a board perfectly, which frees up our more experienced installers for more complicated work.
Yup.. this machine will pay for itself shortly

Not trying to be rude here, but I can mount full boards alone on a laminator in about 3 minutes as welll. I'm sure these machines do a nice job, but don't see the benefit for the dollar!
Sorry dude I'm calling BS on your three minutes.Please post a video and include the time it takes to thread your laminator.
But maybe time is not money in your shop.

I was also wondering about this piece of equipment. Looks really well built and i am sure is probably an easier learning curve than using a laminator for the same purpose.

But for that price ... I'll buy me two more Royal Sovereigns and still save 5k
Not to sound like a smart *** but that is penny wise dollar foolish thinking.

CanuckSigns

I didn't know they started making these lower profile versions - Nice!

I'm even more jealous of the two Trotecs you have in the corner there.. you have excellent taste in equipment :)

Im a big believer in buying quality equipment, not a single tool or piece of equipment has cost me anything, they all make me money!

SqueeGee

When we started looking at them, the cheapest model was $40k. We built ours for around $10k. I'll try to remember to post some pics tomorrow. We need another one but I'd lean towards buying the $15k "store bought" version versus building another myself. Our is pretty good but not perfect. It is super handy for what we do.

CanuckSigns

Yeah rolls roller just recently came out with their "entry" series, they are basically stripped down versions of their larger machines. They don't have a lit table, but the mechanics are exactly the same. They also come flat packed and can fit through a standard door.

jmcnicoll

You don't need to thread a laminator to mount a print! And if you happen to have a whole roll of prints for mounting I've then threaded the laminator and mounted board after board. Just saying I don't see the $ benefit.

Z SIGNS

You don't need to thread a laminator to mount a print! And if you happen to have a whole roll of prints for mounting I've then threaded the laminator and mounted board after board. Just saying I don't see the $ benefit.
time is money
That's the benefit