Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eco-Solv Printable Silver Polyester

Discussion in 'Labels and Decals' started by mpn, Sep 30, 2013.

1. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I'm looking for a silver polyester adhesive backed material we can print with our Roland. This is for equipment labels that get a sharpie marker ID # and then covered with a clear laminate for protection by the customer. It's for small runs that I need to keep in house. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Tags:
  2. petepaz

petepaz Major Contributor

Feb 14, 2007
    NJ/NY/PA
    r-tape makes some products you can use but they are vinyl coated. in my experience i could never get the roland ecosol ink to stick to polyester materials (chrome, brushed or matte silver/gold)

3. mpn

mpn Active Member

Aug 6, 2011
    Thanks Petepaz that's what I was concerned with.

4. SignMeUpGraphics

SignMeUpGraphics Moderator

Apr 11, 2012
    Australia
    Roland EcoSol MAX adheres very well to http://www.rtape.com/vinylefx/outdoor-durable-smooth-silver

The only issue I have is contour cutting close to printed areas.
    The spec sheet says no cuts within 5mm, and I have to agree or it will start to peel (even after 6 weeks dry time before cutting).
    Lamination didn't help either.

5. chrisphilipps

chrisphilipps Merchant Member

Jun 5, 2009
    Wharton, NJ
    We have a product without adhesive like this. All you would have to do is put a double faced adhesive on the back of it. It works with Mutohs eco solvent inks so it should work with Rolands.

6. rjssigns

rjssigns Major Contributor

Jun 4, 2007
    Home Office
    We use R-Tape brand in silver and holographic for a clients product. No complaints so far and it's been 2 years.