• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Emergency Help! IP addresses?

threeputt

Ok we had our hardrive cleaned off and are now trying to load everything back on.

Working with Roland Versaworks and Roland printer. My question is about getting the IP address worked out between the computer and the printer.

cgsigns_jamie

What do you need to know? What address to use?

Is the computer connected directly to the computer via a cross-over cable or are you using a hub/switch/router?

cgsigns_jamie

Well set the network settings in Windows to:
- IP: 192.168.20.10
- Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Then set the printer to
- IP: 192.168.20.20
- Subnet: 255.255.255.0

Then configure the printer in VersaWorks with an IP of 192.168.20.20

BobbyFosson

If you are connected direct cable (crossover) from the PC to the Printer, you will need to know the IP of your computer first... Command Prompt: ipconfig (enter)

If is shows 192.168.0.1, then you can set your printer to 192.168.0.2 (set the netmask 255.255.255.0 and leave gateway empty)

Now... which model of Roland do you own?

cgsigns_jamie

The "i" just signifies that it has the "Roland Intelligent Pass Control" firmware update. The network settings should be the same.

threeputt

Jamie, I haven't gotten back to you. I got involved with another member on the phone and we're going back and forth to solve the apparent conflict between router, printer and computer.

I do appreciate your notes but actually haven't tried them out. If we can't resolve live on the phone I'll mess with your stuff. Appreciate it very much.

BobbyFosson

The SP-540i has the network settings within the printers menu system. The SP-540v does not. It requires the Roland NetTool software to assign the IP to the print server.

BobbyFosson

Got good ole Charlie back up and running... He has the printer connected direct to his PC with CrossOver cable in one NIC and his NIC#2 is connected to his router.

Locating the IP Wizard within the NetTool makes all the difference in the world :)

BobbyFosson

FYI - I would always recommend NOT having two NICs in a single PC... pain in the rear most of the time.

Wire the PC and Printer direct to the Router/Switch (not Hub) and set Static IP for the printer.

threeputt

Jamie, I'm up and running! Bobby (the admin) was kind enough to work with me and solve all issues via phone!

God, I love this place. Thanks to you also. I didn't get a chance to use your info, but maybe others when searching this topic will benefit from your hardwork searching.

Appreciate you guys. Way much.

BobbyFosson

One of the admins... never forget Fred, Stacy and any other within our secret organization (that I may not even know about):thumb: