• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Estimate is only monthly?

Red Ball

Seasoned Citizen
Agreed....
Activity is a solid product. Eleven years now and am completely satisfied.

:rock-n-roll:

(Other than my my darling bride I can't say that about anything. Ok, my Taurus Judge...)

W

wetgravy

We've considered creating a web-based solution for GraphixCALC too, but not as a replacement. The plan, if acted upon, would be to offer both a site-specific option as well as a web-based. This way you can choose which works better for you. Some like a monthly subscription and some like a one-time cost. It is still under consideration, but from what I've seen, most people want a one-time fee, though much of the industry seems to be moving towards web-based monthly subscriptions.

FYI, GraphixCALC customers receive lifetime updates for that major version they are on (i.e. 2.x users get all 2.x updates, regardless of the time-frame). So far, we have only produced 1 major version update since Pro 1.0 was released 12/2005. Point is, major versions take a while so you won't be dinged every little while for an "upgrade" fee. Also, we offer a 25% discount for current users to go to the next major version (i.e. 1.x users get a 25% discount for 2.x). There are no other fees other than a per license fee beyond the initial ones purchased, which are only $50 each.

I'll tell you one thing ... I would pay for a monthly service that lets me fill out invoices locally on my systems but I can sync over the web. It would allow me to do proper invoicing when (myself or a sales person) is out of the office and not have to worry about the network being funny with wireless connections when I get back ... hell, sync'ing at all would be nice with multiple computer setups since i tend to carry a laptop out of the shop and most invoicing software requires a solid connection for syncing and invoicing since the additional liscenses just allow the next system to add invoices to the primary system. plus if i have a sales person out and about i could actually get a non-paper invoice and notes to transcribe ... as it is no one else does anything like it without a $10k massive multi-user setup.

Or just a web based estimating backdoor that I can sync later when i get to the shop.

Until then I think i'll stick to my paper estimates.

activitydude

Well, I'm probably costing me some money but have you ever considered using a good RDP or Logmein Free to work with out in the field? The program actually stays on the computer at work and you log in to a secure network and do your pricing right there in front your customers using a laptop or IPad with wi/fi or a 3G connection. Or, you could look into Verizon's mi-fi. You can use that anywhere. A lot of our customers seem to like it.