Welcome To Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals

Signs101.com: Largest Forum for Signmaking Professionals is the LARGEST online community & discussion forum for professional sign-makers and graphic designers.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Explain your avatar / name

Discussion in 'General Chit-Chat' started by The Vector Doctor, May 12, 2010.

1. The Vector Doctor

The Vector Doctor Very Active Member

Aug 15, 2005
    Ohio
    I see a lot of unusual avatar pics and user names. I wanted to start this thread to find out what some of them mean. The logos, company names and personal photos are pretty obvious, but what about everyone else

Anyone ready to share their thoughts?

Tags:
  2. American & Proud

American & Proud Member

Dec 10, 2009
    I am an AMERICAN, and damn PROUD to be one. :wavingflag:

Oh and I remember the days of collecting S&H Green Stamps as a kid. Had 150 or so books full and got some cool stuff as a kid. And my Initials are S. E. H. so sorta a play on the S&H for my avatar.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  3. 54warrior

54warrior Member

Apr 10, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    54 was my number in high school basketball.

warrior because I bought a Yamaha Warrior ATV way back when.

I use 54warrior on about 30 different forums.

4. Shovelhead

Shovelhead Major Contributor

Dec 5, 2003
    "Shovelhead" 1966-1984 Harley motor. So nicknamed because the motor heads resemble a shovel.

5. J Hill Designs

J Hill Designs Major Contributor

Sep 24, 2004
    jhilldesigns was a business I tried starting (from my name) - web designs and development - too slow, I slowly killed it off, but use the name for login stuff still - avatar came from looking for stock danger images - liked the saying :thumb:

6. Arlo Kalon 2.0

Arlo Kalon 2.0 Very Active Member

Oct 21, 2004
    Reno, TX
    A few years back there was a thread about the perils of using your real name in here where your customers could see and read your posts. It got me to thinking so I changed to this user name which I took from Arlon by Calon vinyl. Cool, huh?

7. WhiskeyDreamer

WhiskeyDreamer Professional Snow Ninja

Aug 6, 2007
    Riften
    avatar is deadpool...the awesomest comic character ever!!

i've always loved wolves, and fenris is the wolf that starts ragnarok in norse/teutonic mythology...i've been using 242 so long, i don't even remember where it came from, but i'm not getting rid of it now!

8. Joe Diaz

Joe Diaz Very Active Member

My Name, Our Logo.

I know, I like to think outside the box.:Big Laugh

9. mikey-Oh

mikey-Oh Very Active Member

Apr 16, 2009
    okc
    mikey-Oh!! is loosely based on the Story of Ricky-O! and the avatar shows the drunken karaoke stylings of me an professor sasquatch

10. surf city

surf city Active Member

Jun 25, 2009
    Toms River, NJ
    The avatar is mini me. The Surf City comes from spending all those summers as a kid on Long Beach Island, NJ. Thus creating the name for my company of Surf City Signs.

11. Jillbeans

Jillbeans Major Contributor

Dec 24, 2003
    Butler, PA
    Childhood nickname, I keep going back to this avie which is cropped from a naughty 1920s postcard.
    (oops nevermind, I forgot I changed my pic to my grandma! hahahahaha)
    I have always liked the pic in your avie, Dr. Vector.
    Love....Jill

12. gnatt66

gnatt66 Active Member

Oct 31, 2007
    NH
    nathan = nat + annoying kid factor when i was so named = gnat...add a t just cause. 66= race car number.

avatar...cause bubbles is the best character in this history of television. hockey pales in comparison as far as canada's greatest contribution to society.

13. Steve C.

Steve C. Very Active Member

May 22, 2003
    I've always kinda liked the R. Crumb illustrations. Not a big fan, just like it.
    I'm probably in violation of copyright law by using it so I will likely be
    changing it soon. I thought the Jillbeans font sorta looked like the font used
    on the original "Keep on Truckin" and when I realeased the two fonts
    together, Jillbeans and Truckin, it just seemed to work.

just changed....

14. TheSnowman

TheSnowman Major Contributor

Aug 28, 2007
    Indiana
    My unique name came from my parents. They thought since the other three people in my family's name started with a "K" it would be cool if they spelled Kraig with a "K". It's haunted me my whole life. Pretty interesting story huh?

My Avatar is me on my Banshee at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. It's my favorite escape from reality place, and I try and get there at least four times a year or so.

15. Pat Whatley

Pat Whatley Major Contributor

Sep 29, 2003
    Wetumpka, AL
    Kraig, as a kid I always felt sorry for other kids who had weird names because they couldn't go to the toy store and buy one of those tags for their bicycle that already had your name on it.

My name 'cause my mom named me that. Av is Jack Jack from The Incredibles because it was the first thing I ran across when I was looking for an avatar and have never bothered to change it.

16. Gino

Gino Premium Subscriber

Jun 7, 2006
    PA
    Gino is a nickname old family members and relation used to call me when I was a kid. It is also a name very close friends still call me to this day that knew me back then and felt part of the family.

Thought it was a way to get around the internet and make some new close friends.... which has happened tenfold.

The avatars.... well, they change according to my mood.

17. jiarby

jiarby Major Contributor

Feb 11, 2007
    jiarby is a phonetic spelling of my initials G-R-B
    Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

The beer breasted chicken is one that I cook pretty often in my smoker.. always a crowd(and rooster) pleaser

18. Marlene

Marlene Major Contributor

Jun 8, 2004
    Vermont
    my avatar is my little three footed cat's head on captain Kirk's body...what can I say, I am a big nerdy cat loving trekkie. my mother named me Marlene and I have no idea why. it's a German name and we are Scotch/Irish. I have always hated my name because no one can get it right. I have been Marylin, Martha, Margret, Mary and every other "M" name out there. In kindergarten, my teacher couldn't get it right and when asked for the 100th time what my name was, I thought, what the heck, "Annette Funicello". it started me on my long life as a big smartass.

19. Fatboy

Fatboy Very Active Member

Fatboy....Well when people see me they all say"You are not fat!" I think they just being kind...anyway,I do deep sea fishing from a kayak and my very first kayak I bought was called Blackfin Fatboy. The name just sticked and today everyone calls me Fatboy.I have named my Signage Co. after it.

20. Pro Image

Pro Image Major Contributor

Nov 28, 2005
    Well Pro Image is the name......And Killing you with SILENCE......is the game........:thumb:

Well Ive been Pro Image Graphics for 13 years now so thats a given.......

As for Achmed.........Well............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gZ6-6RbSEg&feature=related

:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh