• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Explain your avatar / name

The Vector Doctor

Chief Bezier Manipulator
I see a lot of unusual avatar pics and user names. I wanted to start this thread to find out what some of them mean. The logos, company names and personal photos are pretty obvious, but what about everyone else

Anyone ready to share their thoughts?

American & Proud

I am an AMERICAN, and damn PROUD to be one. :wavingflag:

Oh and I remember the days of collecting S&H Green Stamps as a kid. Had 150 or so books full and got some cool stuff as a kid. And my Initials are S. E. H. so sorta a play on the S&H for my avatar.

Last edited:

54warrior

54 was my number in high school basketball.

warrior because I bought a Yamaha Warrior ATV way back when.

I use 54warrior on about 30 different forums.

J Hill Designs

jhilldesigns was a business I tried starting (from my name) - web designs and development - too slow, I slowly killed it off, but use the name for login stuff still - avatar came from looking for stock danger images - liked the saying :thumb:

Arlo Kalon 2.0

A few years back there was a thread about the perils of using your real name in here where your customers could see and read your posts. It got me to thinking so I changed to this user name which I took from Arlon by Calon vinyl. Cool, huh?

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
avatar is deadpool...the awesomest comic character ever!!

i've always loved wolves, and fenris is the wolf that starts ragnarok in norse/teutonic mythology...i've been using 242 so long, i don't even remember where it came from, but i'm not getting rid of it now!

surf city

The avatar is mini me. The Surf City comes from spending all those summers as a kid on Long Beach Island, NJ. Thus creating the name for my company of Surf City Signs.

Jillbeans

Childhood nickname, I keep going back to this avie which is cropped from a naughty 1920s postcard.
(oops nevermind, I forgot I changed my pic to my grandma! hahahahaha)
I have always liked the pic in your avie, Dr. Vector.
Love....Jill

gnatt66

nathan = nat + annoying kid factor when i was so named = gnat...add a t just cause. 66= race car number.

avatar...cause bubbles is the best character in this history of television. hockey pales in comparison as far as canada's greatest contribution to society.

Steve C.

I've always kinda liked the R. Crumb illustrations. Not a big fan, just like it.
I'm probably in violation of copyright law by using it so I will likely be
changing it soon. I thought the Jillbeans font sorta looked like the font used
on the original "Keep on Truckin" and when I realeased the two fonts
together, Jillbeans and Truckin, it just seemed to work.

just changed....

Last edited:

TheSnowman

My unique name came from my parents. They thought since the other three people in my family's name started with a "K" it would be cool if they spelled Kraig with a "K". It's haunted me my whole life. Pretty interesting story huh?

My Avatar is me on my Banshee at Silver Lake Sand Dunes in Michigan. It's my favorite escape from reality place, and I try and get there at least four times a year or so.

Last edited:

Pat Whatley

Kraig, as a kid I always felt sorry for other kids who had weird names because they couldn't go to the toy store and buy one of those tags for their bicycle that already had your name on it.

My name 'cause my mom named me that. Av is Jack Jack from The Incredibles because it was the first thing I ran across when I was looking for an avatar and have never bothered to change it.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Gino is a nickname old family members and relation used to call me when I was a kid. It is also a name very close friends still call me to this day that knew me back then and felt part of the family.

Thought it was a way to get around the internet and make some new close friends.... which has happened tenfold.

The avatars.... well, they change according to my mood.

jiarby

jiarby is a phonetic spelling of my initials G-R-B
Hooked on Phonics worked for me!

The beer breasted chicken is one that I cook pretty often in my smoker.. always a crowd(and rooster) pleaser

Marlene

my avatar is my little three footed cat's head on captain Kirk's body...what can I say, I am a big nerdy cat loving trekkie. my mother named me Marlene and I have no idea why. it's a German name and we are Scotch/Irish. I have always hated my name because no one can get it right. I have been Marylin, Martha, Margret, Mary and every other "M" name out there. In kindergarten, my teacher couldn't get it right and when asked for the 100th time what my name was, I thought, what the heck, "Annette Funicello". it started me on my long life as a big smartass.

Fatboy

Fatboy....Well when people see me they all say"You are not fat!" I think they just being kind...anyway,I do deep sea fishing from a kayak and my very first kayak I bought was called Blackfin Fatboy. The name just sticked and today everyone calls me Fatboy.I have named my Signage Co. after it.