• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Explain your avatar / name

Steve C.

A few years back there was a thread about the perils of using your real name in here where your customers could see and read your posts. It got me to thinking so I changed to this user name which I took from Arlon by Calon vinyl. Cool, huh?

Hey Dave, ummm, I mean Arlo. What if your customers see your mug? They
might recognize you by that 'stead a your name...
BTW, I've never seen you with the long locks, when was that pic taken?

gbarker

The avatar is my company logo and tryingtolearn I think is self explanatory. I believe there is always opportunity to learn something new, sign related or not.

Billct2

Billct2 was a name assigned to me on one of the first websites I joined, as in "the second Bill from Connecticut to join this website".
Pic of me with 2 of my girls & our dog in the field behind my family's camp in NH

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The avatar is a picture of Mrs. Efiginia Doubtfire, friend, companion, protector, and practicing Komondor who sadly left us in January of this year. Hopefully we'll get another puppy but Efie's countenance will probably remain. Finding one can be a challenge, there's probably less than 50 litters a year worldwide. We're working on it.

'bob' is a nom de net. It has the charm of being a palindrome that is also symmetrical on Y. Not only is it the same forwards and backwards, it's the same if you turn it upside down. Doing it in lower case but still claiming the vertical symmetry is a Zen thing.

It has it's origins in a competition the late great Herb Caen conducted to name the decade of the 1990's. Something on the order of 'The Roaring Twenties', 'The Fabulous Fifties', that sort of thing. When the contest was over the consensus was that it should just be called 'Bob'.

SignosaurusRex

I started my apprenticeship back in '71 doing everything the old fashioned way and never stepped into the computer age until about '92. I was always being called a dinosaur in the biz and still am to some degree. From that, combined with my old school/old soul reputation and my alter-ego evil and ornery twin "Rex", the cranky old bastard "SignosaurusRex" was conceived around '98. I enlisted the help of John Deaton a few years back to create the finishing touch to the character.

Rodi

I always used Pixar Typestry letters deformed and distorted to where you cannot tell the font, but people seemed not to care, and then, sadly on Signs 101, I had been mistaken for a girl (WOW, I'd be one UGLY Girl!), so I finally decided to put my picture on it to avoid confusion, and my name is truncated from my long name (Rodrigue) which is never used.

Mosh

Got the nickname Mosh in high school. I had (still have) a 76 bronco all duded up for mud drags. I would give rides in it and my friends said the ride was like being in a mosh pit. I have been called that for 20+ years. The avatar pic is of my daughter Nicole (14).

SignManiac

My screen name is obvious for the sign business side of me, anyone who has met me in real life will tell you I am an absolute crazy, maniacal fool that loves living life on the edge.

My other real nickname in life is Bad Ass Bob which I've gone by for twenty years now. It goes back to my skydiving years. I change avatars from time to time but wanted something cuter looking this time so as not to scare those who don't know me that well.

you are an interesting man 'bob'...

lots of great explanations but bob takes the cake.

mine, obviously my name i have encountered so many ppl in the sign industy over the last 20+ years and figured that if they stumble upon this site they will recognize me because i doubt many would with a nickname (and i have had many old customers, ex employees, vendors, etc. find me through this site)..but maybe i'll change it to danio like fabio..and start talking with an accent about how all the ladies love me..that's it a sign company catering to the ladies..fabio sign, design and "companionship"..i have found my calling.

i like Bad Ass Bob you could even call yourself Bab instead of Bob

Marlene

but maybe i'll change it to danio like fabio..and start talking with an accent about how all the ladies love me..that's it a sign company catering to the ladies..fabio sign, design and "companionship"..i have found my calling.

I like the fabio idea...

these kinds of threads are fun as it is always interesting to get a little insight into all the fine folks on this site.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I tried that routine years ago, Dan.... it doesn't work no matter how beautiful or wonderful you are............

sneak up me you won't.jpg

3CGraphics

Three kids all names start with C so 3C - avatar is the logo developed here from my crude notions with tons of help from signs101, especially vid .

32bantum

32bantum is the type of drag car I raced for several years. It was actually a 1932 bantum altered roadster, an old funny car what was shortened and a fiberglass body replaced the lift off body. I got into screen printing and signs somewhere in my racing life and named my company Altered Grafix and the car had Altered intensions on the side.
Company still running strong but no longer racing.

Not sure where the avatar came from. Gotta have something I guess.

wes70

Nova Scotia flag...born and raised.

Wes is short for my name Weston and 70 is my birth year. 1970 not 1870!