• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Explain your avatar / name

ddarlak

Go Bills!
when i decided to join signs101, i thought i have nothing to hide, i'll use my real name.

then i got banned, so i came back as ddarlak...

the avatar, i keep sayin i'll change back to the flaming gas can weilding me, but i have been me for awhile, so i guess it stays....

Stealth Ryder

Stealth Ryder

Stealth comes from my military backgound...
Ryder comes from my love of my Harley...

Not very creative I reckon, was a spur of the moment thing...

SoCalN8V

Mine is pretty boring. My name SoCalN8v is because I was born and raised in Southern California. Even the hospital I was born in was called the California Hospital (now gone). Never lived anywhere else.

My avatar are my two dogs with a pseudo Warhol treatment.

Salmoneye

Ashlee and I started dating and let's just say that I was not her mother's first choice for her daughter. Ashlee would say "Sam & I flew up to Seattle for the weekend." or "Sam & I went down to the wineries in Baja." etc. etc. Her mom said "Is that your new name, Sam & I, if I hear that one more time I am going to be ill." We thought that it was so funny we decided that yes, that would be our new name (and our company's name too).

Cadmn

oh well Ok my nick was given to me by a student , back in 1992-1996 I taught Drafting & design Technology in college here, I needed a nick for Hotmail & my students decided hey you are the cad Man but since that was taken i dropped the "a" & cadmn was bornbeen that now since about 92 so 18 ? years

Cadmn

oh well Ok my nick was given to me by a student , back in 1992-1996 I taught Drafting & design Technology in college here, I needed a nick for Hotmail & my students decided hey you are the cad Man but since that was taken i dropped the "a" & cadmn was born been that now since about 92 so 18 ? years
the avitar is of my tiny under a pound Blue Male chihuahua he moved to a new home in Alaska right after the pic was taken his new family wanted him really bad & made an offer I couldn't pass up. I Kick myself for not turning it down. I miss him
:noway:

cartoad

I started using Cartoad back in the early days of the internet and email and needed a nick name for AOL or Comp u serve (which was a long distance phone call then for us).
Cartoad came for the nick name for the craft I was in at the railroad, a freight car repairman. The avator is from a picture of an old "toad" I found at the railroad and it seemed like a lot of the old timers looked like that, and now I do too!

signgal

Obviously mine is my business name! Heath is my last name and the definition of a Heath is "a barren wasteland"...excited right, but where better to post a sign. The avi is my new logo I created this past winter with the help of critiques from some of the great people here at Signs 101.

ROFL I just realized there's an "H" in there *face palms* good thing I'm cute, huh?

iSign

my name and avi used to be the name if my business, Island Sign, and my original logo I designed with the Hawaiian Islands spread out on a painters pallette like blobs of paint. Later I invested in having Dan Antonelli put a new spin on it with a simplified version that he infused with much more character & professionalism. Both those avatar choices went the way of my former name after I saw a guy selling his Gerber Edge & discovered he was the same guy who wrote posts elsewhere about unrepairable issues with his equipment... I didn't know him, but I know this community, so I posted what I knew & then the phone rang with some guy saying he visits Hawaii every year & reading my address saying he knows what I look like from my website, but that I'll "never see him coming"...

..I doubted that tough talking wanna-be gangster was any real threat, but that was when I realized iSign would be one alternative to fully giving out my true identity for the future. Of course Apple products influenced the spelling.

My current avatar was partly a result of my facebook photo being called a mug shot by no less then half a dozen people spread across 3 internet venues, in most cases without knowledge of each others "perceptions"...so I decided I might change it & jillbeans complimented my blue eyes, so I had scanned a portrait painted by our famous Letterhead & friend Bill Riedel from a photo he shot at the Pontiac WallDog meet last June. He is quite a painter.

The EYE for iSign was an unexpected afterthought.

Marlene

Ashlee and I started dating and let's just say that I was not her mother's first choice for her daughter. Ashlee would say "Sam & I flew up to Seattle for the weekend." or "Sam & I went down to the wineries in Baja." etc. etc. Her mom said "Is that your new name, Sam & I, if I hear that one more time I am going to be ill." We thought that it was so funny we decided that yes, that would be our new name (and our company's name too).

I like that story!

there are some really good ones and it's fun to hear the story behind them. now I feel cruddy for just going with my name. I should have come up with something cool like "cat head" or "captain dork" oh, well, just call me Marlene (or Margret, Marylin, Martha....rrrrr, my big chance to ditch that horrid name and I blew it)

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I like that story!

there are some really good ones and it's fun to hear the story behind them. now I feel cruddy for just going with my name. I should have come up with something cool like "cat head" or "captain dork" oh, well, just call me Marlene
(or Margret, Marylin, Martha....rrrrr, my big chance to ditch that horrid name and I blew it)

Okay... ahh, uh..... Match............:Oops: I meant Marty..:frustrated:

GypsyGraphics

:omg2:You are amazing artbot.... unbelievably beautiful work!!!! I'm bookmarking your links so i can look again when i need a little inspiration!

I don't wanna use the "O" word on a respectable forum but I don't mind saying, your art gets my avi a little excited! *waggles eyebrows up and down*

signal... what's the O word? respectable smchmectable.... pm me, i wanna know. :tongue:

Marlene

me .... artbot.... been a pro artist since i was 12 (mom was a pro/breadwinner artist)... and "bot" because i use digital/sign equipment to do fine art.

wow, wow, wow...amazing work

Patrick46

Lessee...my avatar is the side of my (soon to be EX-) 1950 Chevy Panel Shoptruck. (it's up fer sale.)

and my name is Patrick, and the 46 is the year of my Knucklehead I had for 17 years. (Hmmmm...there seems to be ALOT of Harley guys naming their business after their bikes.) :thumb:

Ponto

Nickname from way back and a takeoff on my family name... the avatar... an image that makes me smile... full of character and open to many interpretations!

JP