• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Explain your avatar / name

Rodi

Gypsy Graphics,
Your old avatar I always liked, it reminded me of an old client I had who was rather good with typographic elements (ie young snot Rodi learned a lot from him but did not appreciate it until later!) named Vince Pacelli, I always admired that avatar, but your new one is nice too!

Bigdawg

Just Me
Bigdawg = Husbands nickname for years - was our business name.

Avatar is the Grim Reaper reigning death and destruction (if you look close you can see some skull/faces in the mist)... apparently it fit my mood for the day I picked it.

Craig Sjoquist

Mine is Obvus... have a website Obvus.com also... plus my 592sign is my phone, business name, website, and license plate oh my real name I've a craigsandwich.com yup for my sandwich that's been in a restaurant since 1991 on the menu for 7 years

WrapperX

me .... artbot.... been a pro artist since i was 12 (mom was a pro/breadwinner artist)... and "bot" because i use digital/sign equipment to do fine art.

Thee Alan Alldredge??

Seriously - I've seen your work before -amazing sculpture and metal work - I dabbled in some Intaglio and metal working when I was in college and really enjoyed it, but you take it to a new level of metal work. With printing and usage of patinas...impressive...

ocean502

I love daisy's, love the name Daisy, named my dog Daisy, and I am a little crazy!! Like mixed up, unorganized crazy, not psychotic (that would be my sister...lol) Great question! My name is Susie Ü

blackicefx

blackicefx =
I put together a little street racing car club and we called it BlackIce. Used the name because the competition would never see us coming, just like the real black ice. When i started doing simple graphics for us inhouse, i ended up being asked to do other graphics and signs, so I simply added the generic FX to the end to stand for effects...
fairly simple history

Matthew

signgal

I don't wanna use the "O" word on a respectable forum but I don't mind saying, your art gets my avi a little excited! *waggles eyebrows up and down*

artbot

i'll have to pm you wrapperX where you saw my work. i'm kind of schizoid and avoid being seen or known if possible.

Tim Aucoin

A close friend of ours always calls me "Tim Tim Tim" for some reason I've yet to determine! Even her kids call me that. So, I shortened it to "T3" which has nothing to do with the popular movie series Terminator!! Other friends have always called me "T" (I think after Tony Soprano), so it kind of fits in there as well.

The avatar is just a pic of the banner hung on Gino's building at last years meet & greet. The name was hand painted by the wonderful and amazing Jillbeans! I use it because when I see it, it reminds me of the amazing time I had and also of one of my favorite friends on here (Jill:loveya:)! That's a well hung banner Gino! :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:

round man

I had a helper by the name of "Sweet Willie" Huffman,....Sweet Willie flew over a hundred missions as a tail gunner in WWII in the army air corp,..then went on to work as a neon man and installer for a local neon firm after the war on a route across a couple of local states.Sweet Willie had over 40 years in the trade by the time he started working for me and by then due to the booze he was working for $40 a day and two tall sixpacks of budwieser. The man drank beer like you or I would drink coffee or coca-cola. He was the best helper I ever had in the billboard industry and we traveled across the southeastern United States together as a team for almost a decade,painting signs and racetrack walls...He gave me the nickname "Roundman" because I was too "round" to climb between the stringers and panels on a wooden double face billboard and it kinda stuck.,Sweet Willie passed away a few years back and the sign industry lost a true blue sign man that day,....as for my avatar there was this guy doing a book on wall dogs and he came down to the track one week during the race to do an interview and took it as part of his reference and research.

Sign Prophet

The name Sign Prophet came from me thinking I was a sign G-d(I am really not a G-d, just thought I was until I found out I was not). It's also for all the profits I thought I was gonna make. LOL

The avatar is just a picture of a job I did a while back.

BadAss

BadAss,
All of our co's names are off this,
BadAss Productions (Started in 1995 doing billet custom parts for Harleys)
BadAss Toys (Custom Harleys & Hot Rods)
BadAss Designs (Signs & Graphics)
The Avatar is artwork I have done for the H.A.M.C.

TheSellOut

Obviously mine is my business name! Heath is my last name and the definition of a Heath is "a barren wasteland"...excited right, but where better to post a sign. The avi is my new logo I created this past winter with the help of critiques from some of the great people here at Signs 101.