• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Jr 38"...HELP!

Jackpine

I saw the video. Your printer looks like mine ( and others I know) except I have the front cover on. I think it's nice to see what is going on. I always line the media to the middle of the holes on the right.

ilmt

I saw the video. Your printer looks like mine ( and others I know) except I have the front cover on. I think it's nice to see what is going on. I always line the media to the middle of the holes on the right.

yeah, we tried that as well.

we also tried to align the paper way to the left just to see if we get an error that was way off base, but we didn't. we got the same error, undefined paper.

it is really frustrating now, because i have ink in the lines and ink coming out of the heads, and ink coming from the black and color waste lines so i want to print to see if i did a good job of cleaning.

i am afraid that if i let it sit another 4 days it will clog up again.

ilmt

also, the front cover is off because i don't want to keep putting it on and off to test. once i figured this out, all the covers are going back on where they belong.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
The edge of the paper should be centered on the line of holes along the right hand side. The video shows it overlapping the holes by about 1/4 inch.

Right here...lol I do have a business to run.

ilmt

The edge of the paper should be centered on the line of holes along the right hand side. The video shows it overlapping the holes by about 1/4 inch.

Right here...lol I do have a business to run.

we already tried putting the paper every place that we could imagine. however, i just got back from placing them over the holes you were referring to, still got the same error.

thanks and i understand about running the business, that comes first.

ahollow

just a thought, but did you double-check the electrical connections on the carriage? you may have knocked the sensor wire loose when changing the heads, or nicked the wires.

ilmt

just a thought, but did you double-check the electrical connections on the carriage? you may have knocked the sensor wire loose when changing the heads, or nicked the wires.

i tried unplugging the sensor that sits right between the knife and the black head, got the same error.

i tried unplugging the 3 wire plug that plugs into h align and as soon as i turned the machine on, the unit errors. so that seems to be telling me that sensor is working fine.

other than that, the only other connections i see are for the wide ribbon looking cables.

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
A few more suggestions.
Cut about a foot of material off so you have new media to test with.
Check the vacuum settings. Try it on high and low.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated::rolleyes:

Have you got the limit switch that is on the right hand side of the machine set so that it is activated? When the door is closed it activates a switch. If that switch is not activated it will come up as an error. Usually it reads "LID OPEN" though.

randya

i tried unplugging the sensor that sits right between the knife and the black head, got the same error.

i tried unplugging the 3 wire plug that plugs into h align and as soon as i turned the machine on, the unit errors. so that seems to be telling me that sensor is working fine.

other than that, the only other connections i see are for the wide ribbon looking cables.

Sounds like either a bad sensor or connection as you are geting the same error.

Hopefully you've disconnected it somewhere up line while working on the heads.

ilmt

A few more suggestions.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated:

going to go try now. although, i didn't mess with the vacuum settings at all.

thanks for the suggestion

ilmt

Sounds like either a bad sensor or connection as you are geting the same error.

Hopefully you've disconnected it somewhere up line while working on the heads.

thats what i was hoping as well, but everything is plugged in where it is supposed to.

i did unplug the h align plug just to see what would happen and sure enough, when i turn the machine on i got an error and the panel started flashing.

as soon as i plugged that sensor in again, everything worked fine, up until the undefined paper.

what really gets me is that when i put it back together one afternoon i turned it on, it confirmed the paper and i turned the machine back off to go home for the night.

when i came back the next day, i turned it on, and i got undefined paper. funny because nothing changed over night, yet i got an error.

ilmt

Try turning off the overhead lights.

Did you check the limit switch?

i haven't moved my machine and i have had the cover off since the beginning of the week when is started the maintenance.

also, i tried this yesterday. i left the lights off and tried starting the unit 15 times, same error.

what/where is a limit switch?

randya

i haven't moved my machine and i have had the cover off since the beginning of the week when is started the maintenance.

also, i tried this yesterday. i left the lights off and tried starting the unit 15 times, same error.

what/where is a limit switch?

Check your pm

ilmt

you would think that an error would pop up telling that there is a bad part(s) in the machine.

i have a hard time thinking i am aligning the paper wrong because i have tried many different ways to align it and i get the same error.

ilmt

A few more suggestions.
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::frustrated::rolleyes:

Have you got the limit switch that is on the right hand side of the machine set so that it is activated? When the door is closed it activates a switch. If that switch is not activated it will come up as an error. Usually it reads "LID OPEN" though.

sorry, missed that.

the mutoh technician taped that switch shut when he was here a year ago, so i can open the lid while it is printing.

ilmt

well, i give up. i guess i am going to call the tech on Monday...

$775 to show up and $225.00/hour after that.

and i pay for new replacement parts.

ouch.