• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Falcon Outdoor Jr 38"...HELP!

Jackpine

If your tech is Rick, he will fix it and he is very good. Listen and watch, he is glad to explain things to you. When he leaves it will be like new.
well, i give up. i guess i am going to call the tech on Monday...

$775 to show up and $225.00/hour after that.

and i pay for new replacement parts.

ouch.

ilmt

also, is there a specific weight that needs to be on the roll for it to register...i guess that is a dumb question, since the answer is probably no.

btw, haven't been able to call a tech yet, i need to get the OK from the boss.

ilmt

where can i find replacement parts?

i just took apart the color and black ribbons that go to the head board and one of the contacts on the color ribbon was bent backwards and crooked and it MIGHT have been touching another contact...hard to tell since they are very small strips.

i bent the silver pin on the ribbon back to its normal spot, but that didnt seem to solve anything.

also, being that this was a problem with the color ink ribbon, i dont see how it could cause any sensors to malfunction, but it could have caused the board to fry, maybe?

i took the board off, but i really cant see an burn spots on it.

i would also like to know where the fuses are located that everyone seems to be talking about in other threads.

thanks.

MacDaddy

Most recently I have been buying all my parts from Signwarehouse, they seem to have the best prices and have most of the normal items in stock.

ilmt

also, i got some PDFs that say confidential on them. the tech gave them to me over the phone, i will upload them so you guys can download them. it is the entire unit ripped apart piece by piece and the model number for every part including bolts are on these diagrams. i hope someone can benefit from them.

ilmt

mutoh.com sends me to GEI calgraph for parts. GEI gives me this PDF to look through the parts.

when i google the part number, nothing comes up, just some gibberish. i am starting to think that the ONLY want me getting parts from 1 place. i need to open up my own vinyl repair shop and cut the repair costs in half. i would take all their business away.

John L

Following your progress. My Mutoh 38 is dead too, just over a year, and it seems to have similar problems. I don't really need it right now for anything importanrt but I do want it working after I paid all this money or it.

Thanks for the parts schematic by the way!

Good luck to you.

ilmt

Following your progress. My Mutoh 38 is dead too, just over a year, and it seems to have similar problems. I don't really need it right now for anything importanrt but I do want it working after I paid all this money or it.

Thanks for the parts schematic by the way!

Good luck to you.

no problem. good luck to you as well.

i figured i would share the part guide due to all the help i got from everyone on this forum.

and...isnt that what forums are for?

i am going to replace a few parts i think are bad....after i spend a few more hours on this, i am just going to call a tech. my boss wants me to try as much as i can before we call them and get nailed at $225/hour.

the tech on the phone specifically told me that they don't have any testing equipment...they come out here, look at what the machine is doing or not doing and start replacing parts until it starts working again.

i can do that myself.

John L

We have paid the $200 per hour (+) for the exact same thing on other units... parts replacers.

I agree.. the parts are very expensive, and I dont like working on something that way, but I can do that myself too.