• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FedEx graphics removal?

phototec

What the best method to remove FedEx graphics from a Ford van?

Need to bid on graphic removal only for two vans, graphics looks to be inkjet printed for PMS match, on two sides, back and hood, along with various DOT #s and phones numbers.

Thanks

Attachments

• FedEx Removal.jpg
    FedEx Removal.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 265

thinksigns

SnowFlake
MBX vinyl eraser. It too expensive for just this job though. If you might do more in the future, I would look into one.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
MBX vinyl eraser. It too expensive for just this job though. If you might do more in the future, I would look into one.

^^ THIS ^^

They're about $400 or so, but you'd have both those removed and cleaned in about two hours.

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
We've removed and installed graphics from the local FedEx vans, their marking kits were all 3m cast so they come off pretty clean with just a little heat (or a nice hot day here).

wayne k
guam usa

phototec

We've removed and installed graphics from the local FedEx vans, their marking kits were all 3m cast so they come off pretty clean with just a little heat (or a nice hot day here).

wayne k
guam usa

Hi Wayne, I sent you a PM, please respond.

Thanks

johnnysigns

I think you guys are missing the mark. I've never liked those abrasion wheels for removals. Key has always been the key to fast removals for me.

A weed burner, propane tank, mineral spirits and denatured alcohol are all you need.

Any glue that doesn't come off you wipe down w/ the spirits and clean that up w/ the denatured. Looks like an hour per van to me, but I've done a number of these before.

phototec

Thanks to all who posted suggestions and a special thanks to Wayne K who provided a detailed answer via PM, he is a great Signs101 contributor and what this site should be all about.

I really appreciate the HELP...

:thankyou:

petepaz

if those are the actual vans for removal the vinyl looks to be in good condition and should be able to come off with heat and cleaner but if you have vinyl that has been on for a long time MBX is the way to go. i recently did some hood lettering removals. the vinyl had been on for at least 2 years if not longer (one was even to the point of cracking so that one was on there for quite a few years) and the MBX took it off in about 1/4-1/3 of the time it would have taken me with heat and plastic razors

phototec

^^ THIS ^^

They're about $400 or so, but you'd have both those removed and cleaned in about two hours.

if those are the actual vans for removal the vinyl looks to be in good condition and should be able to come off with heat and cleaner but if you have vinyl that has been on for a long time MBX is the way to go. i recently did some hood lettering removals. the vinyl had been on for at least 2 years if not longer (one was even to the point of cracking so that one was on there for quite a few years) and the MBX took it off in about 1/4-1/3 of the time it would have taken me with heat and plastic razors

The MBX is a bit expensive ($400), however I found this on YouTube, at less than $20 and using your own electric drill might be just the trick for an occasional user like me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuTDv9JY6OM&NR=1&feature=endscreen

$12.80 on Amazon with FREE shipping, think I'll get one just to try.

http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries-Smart-Eraser-Adaptor/dp/B00488DDB8

Read the reviews:

http://www.amazon.com/AES-Industries-Smart-Eraser-Adaptor/product-reviews/B00488DDB8

:thumb:

RRP

I have a guy who wants some logos taken off an old trailer. Was done with cut vinyl. I started peeling it off but this stuff has been on there for years and is baked on to the metal. Any suggestions?

I use rapid remover an eraser that you can get thru your local auto body supply house that goes on my air drill and plastic razor blades from fellers. I also use heat and it all works well and quick

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
If it's a trailer and the vinyl is baked on well - cracking, faded, peeling, etc. There is a very very high chance that the finish is permanently damaged.... The paint on trailers is nothing like automotive grade paint.

Mosh

3M flim remover disk (for drill), heat gun, and 3M adhesive remover, all I ever need!