• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

FedEx or UPS?

BrianKE

We use UPS, around here they're much more reliable and helpful that FedEx. They have a software program called Worldship that we use to create shipments and print labels, it works but it's a little cumbersome to use sometimes. But it's better and easier than doing it online. I'm not sure if there is a fee associated with using it but I will find out. I suspect if there is it's not much.

I have a house account setup with UPS and it saves me a ton of time. I print an invoice, stick it on the outside of the package with those self adhesive sleeves and drop it off at the UPS store. The good folks at UPS take care of generating the shipping label saving me the time of filling out any fields.

Having a house account also gives me a slight savings (don't rememebr the exact amount, probably 5-10%) and it is free (as in they don't charge a handling fee, monthly minimum, etc.) to have the house account. My only downside is I have to drop my packages off at the UPS store which is only two blocks away so not bad for me.

anotherdog

tweedle dee or tweedle dumb. We use UPS but know from experience both are almost as bad as each other. Just lately UPS seems to have improved. I used to curse them daily now its just weekly.
That said I have admiration for the drivers and the telephone support people who try their best for us ever time.

Fireguy

Group Discounts?

I know that if you are a member of SGIA you can get a discount plan with FedEx.. I use that as they are close to my shop..

I personally like UPS as all local shipments make it in a day without an express rate..

I have heard that ASI membership gets you a discount with UPS.??

Any other memberships out there that would help us all out with discounted shipping?

Thanks and happy printing!

:wavingflag: