• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Feedback on Layout

Johnny Best

I can see Tex's final pic on Tapatalk on my phone but not on my computer as Gino has that problem also. It just shows the word (IMG) on post #42. All the previous pics are still showing.
But seeing the last layout that sold looks a lot nicer because you got rid of the funky font that people use to denote children's things. The up and down of the letters is annoying. Just as Tex does not like type on a curve like their first choice they showed him.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
?? They are showing up on my end.

Here is what I'm seeing..................
tex nothingness.jpg

unclebun

Damned fire marshalls! They require 12" address numbers on every sign in my city. Problem being, some areas allow 4' max height, so 1/4 of the sign is freakishly large numbers! Then 99% of the time they do not enforce it, so my fully compliant sign will look stupid next to idiot Joe's sign which has no address...
In any case Congrats! Glad that your customer was accepting of your improvements!

Are you sure the requirement is for it to be on the sign and not the building? Seems like somewhere the two are getting mixed up. We have requirements for the 911 address to be on the building, but not on business signs which are mounted on poles out in the yard.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I don't believe we've ever been directed to put any address or anything else on a sign by any municipality, let alone size. However, in the case of FDC signs, building identification and other fire codes, yes, but that is not on an individual company sign.... advertising themselves.

SignsSupport

Support & Tech Administrator
They went with this one... no hesitation in removing all the additional wording, in fact they eliminated the website! Unfortunately the fire marshal required the address..but hey, I made a few extra bucks coming up with a better design option...win win.
8tzidCxRo0dQ4TZjvd4fA-G53n555crnM6CPE9bFcjhKAhpWxFkYUMtfarkcK5URoPy5kp1hOIWIDGnWlxmyfQqVth3FJlz3yALYmQgqum_I_wDnOC-zKy2wsrk7Qf9irYJGF0hKZ0k=w527-h658-no

Nice design. Definitely a more sophisticated rendering than the client's original request.
As for the https://twisted-cedar-childcare-center.business.site/ website. WOW. What a horrible domain name.
And the website is really a waste of space, as it's terribly designed, with basically not much info to browse.
A one-page styling upgrade is what they need. Otherwise - it's probably a wise decision to ditch the current site - but especially that domain url.
twistedcedarchildcare.com is available for purchase incidentally. It would be a better choice for sure - if they ever considered a website design upgrade to match their new sign. Just an idea...

SignsSupport

Johnny Best

WOW. What a horrible domain name.
And the website is really a waste of space, as it's terribly designed, with basically not much info to browse.

"Two people on the same trade, in the same field, that have the same interests are both too envious, each imagining that the other is cleverer or better off than he." I don't remember if that is a C.S. Lewis quote or an old proverb.