• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers 1 man warehouses now?

amw

last time I was in they had 2 in the metro Detroit location. We used to have 2 locations within about 20 mins (maybe less) of each other, which I always thought was odd. But never did I mind lol.

Marsha

ScottB

Oklahoma City is a one-man show with the banner sewing equipment gone. Fortunately, I have a place closer to the shop that does awesome work! What's really great is that they put up with some of my odd requests for jobs.
What's really scary is that Feller's was founded up the road a bit in Tulsa. I wonder how that warehouse is doing?

ProWraps

1 guy here in sacramento.

never had a problem. get my stuff on time every time.

i have quite possibly the BEST sales rep in the biz.

if i miss the courier deadline, she goes to the warehouse gets my stuff and brings it to me.

this is why i spend over $300k a year with fellers.

SignosaurusRex

No surprise. Its just a sign of the what the economy really is regardless of what we hear from the media. Last time I was in our local Fellers to pickup a rush order of material, they had three people sitting around doing nothing. When I called last week, I was on hold for a good three minutes before a sales agent took my call. Seems that materials inventory on the local level has been cut down as well, forcing me to order from another distributor of Oracal next state away. I actually got my order lower price and quicker from them than I would have from Fellers by about 6 hours...and it was double-boxed.

Scott Reynolds

Is the economy really that bad or are they just being cheap.

I think Frank ran out of crap to wrap around his house and is using the money he is saving to wrap....

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 97

ProWraps

after all the ish talking about frank, i can say with CONFIDENCE, he is surely crying all the way to the bank over all the criticism.

premiercolour

Merchant Member

if i miss the courier deadline, she goes to the warehouse gets my stuff and brings it to me.

One man show + $300k a year with felloers = lots of cash in the pocket. Nice.

We used to be one man show. 1 Man show sometimes is much profitable > 10 men show with salary, insurance, worker com taken into consideration etec.

Jillbeans

Signs are almost dead in this area unless you are a hack doing crappy "signs" for next to nothing.
I'm not surprised to hear this, not that I am much of a Fellers shopper.
Times are tight.
Luckily I'm still getting great service from Glantz, I hope it continues.
Love....Jill

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing

Your sales rep probably brings you your stuff because you do 300k a year...

:clapping:

TheSnowman

We had a guy with a lawn care business here in town that was HUGE. One year he got down to him and one other guy doing the work...word from the other lawn care guys was apparently he did the math and he would make more money being a small setup than having all the people he did before, and way less headaches.

gnemmas

They still provide best service and prices. Salesperson is on top of things as well.

That "two person rule" comment is laughable. Many members here are one person shop, what happen when they have a heart attack?

FireSprint.com

Trade Only Screen & Digital Sign Printing
That "two person rule" comment is laughable. Many members here are one person shop, what happen when they have a heart attack?

We have forklift, large guillotine cutter, moving equipment. It's a little different around here than most small one man shops (and Fellers for that matter). I was a one man shop at one point. We can have two people so we always do.

We had a guy with a lawn care business here in town that was HUGE. One year he got down to him and one other guy doing the work...word from the other lawn care guys was apparently he did the math and he would make more money being a small setup than having all the people he did before, and way less headaches.

As we grow, I think we all have those moments when we remember keeping things simple as a one man shop. It's funny how now we'll do as much volume in 2 days as I did all month, yet the take home hasn't increased all that much. We can say that we support multiple families though. That counts for something.

149motorsports

Signs are almost dead in this area unless you are a hack doing crappy "signs" for next to nothing.
I'm not surprised to hear this, not that I am much of a Fellers shopper.
Times are tight.
Luckily I'm still getting great service from Glantz, I hope it continues.
Love....Jill

Is Bill Treating you good over there? He was my rep for fellers, great guy!

Pat Whatley

It's my understanding that the plan is to have most of the country 1 day shipping from two different locations in the next few years. Right now I can get orders from three different warehouses next day with ground shipping.

Eliminates the need to two employees in a warehouse if all they're doing is order processing. If one warehouse has to be closed they'll just send it from the other. Processing everything through a central hub like they do they can centralize all the customer support.

thewood

I am not going to be concerned until Fellers gives me a reason to be concerned. I have always received nothing short of stellar service from them. I can call them as late as 4 pm and receive free next-day shipping from at least 3 of their warehouses. Plus, none of my other suppliers can touch their pricing. They get alot of flack on this board due to Frank and his cowboy persona, etc. But I have no problems with them.