• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Fellers 1 man warehouses now?

2B

It's my understanding that the plan is to have most of the country 1 day shipping from two different locations in the next few years. Right now I can get orders from three different warehouses next day with ground shipping.

Eliminates the need to two employees in a warehouse if all they're doing is order processing. If one warehouse has to be closed they'll just send it from the other. Processing everything through a central hub like they do they can centralize all the customer support.

+1

placed an order the other day for 4 items and they came from 3 different warehouses.

all arrived next day

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Glad your Glantz is doing well, Jill.

Ours just recently went out the window. Whole new regime in there and they aren't honoring the old pricing structures we had set up with the old crew and they seem to know far less than the old crew.

Time will tell.

klemgraphics

Glad your Glantz is doing well, Jill.

Ours just recently went out the window. Whole new regime in there and they aren't honoring the old pricing structures we had set up with the old crew and they seem to know far less than the old crew.

Time will tell.
Seems to be the trend here too, mine won't even talk about price matching. Best I can get for quantity discounts on something like 10+ sheets of anything is maybe 1-2% if that. Any kind of vinyl or digital media they usually aren't even close. Only thing they have going is delivery as far as I am concerned.

Fellers has always done me right with pricing and service, so I could care less how many guys are in the warehouse.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm a fan of FELLERS. Always was, always will be. However, as they cut back on their employees, they are also cutting back on their inventory.

Although Frank talks a good story about being the largest buyer and supplier.... he's not doing it across the board like they once did.

My main complaint of late has been the same one.... over and over. I call up for something simple... such as white or black reflective. They have it, but not in any of the five locations within one day of me..... in fact, unless by some slim chance, there's no one within two days of me. In order to get my free shipping, I have to wait four days to get it from their main branch or someone on the other side of the country.

They inventory it all, but not everywhere anymore. Many items have become special order in a sense, that if they don't have it, we have to pay special delivery costs to get it in.

I have no problem with rules or policies, but their rules are constantly changing and I never get the memo... therefore I get p!ssed off from time to time.

We used to get our silk screen supplies from them, stands, paint, brushes and all kinds of sign tool and supplies. They are now moving quickly into the wrap end of things and are abandoning just about everything else, again making it special order products which holds things up sometimes.

This very style of theirs has forced me to start looking elsewhere for products. Some of my local vendors are seeing quite an increase in things from us in the last year or two.

149motorsports

I agree with you Gino, they use to carry a lot more speciality vinyls and such, things i use. Now I have to search other companies for once what was a one stop shop!

cdiesel

Our Feller's branch has been a one man show for a long time. Very few problems ever, and always quick to fix.