• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Female Advice

CES020

I have tried talking to her about her dad but seem to always say the wrong thing, my bad.

Perhaps that's the problem. She might not be looking for someone to talk to her, she might be looking/needing someone to listen to her. If you're saying all the wrong things, you're talking too much. Make a simple comment at the appropriate time like "I wish your Dad was here to see this, he would have loved it" and listen to what she says. It might just be a "yeah, he would have, I wish he was here too". If that's all she says, then let it be.

It's those little tidbits that will show her that you are still connected with her and if she wants to talk, then you're there for her.

How'd you think that would make her feel, as opposed to knowing that no matter what she says, you're going to keep your mouth shut?

It'll probably make her feel like she's married to a person that cares about her.