• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

First job!

THATgirl

I totally agree with you fenris. wtf do we have a newbie section for? or are we all so hoity toity now? sheesh.

imaSIGNr

Hello....and if you should be interested in a custom bracket rather than a generic one I might be able to help you. It all depends on the budget and what is wanted/needed.....

Billct2

Jeez, all he asked was which vendor we preferred if either.
Didn't mention anything about price.

charlie3238

$295.32

Oh vendors LOL

Charlie who did you end up contacting?

I just went with harbor. All I wanted to know in the first place is if anybody had any experiences with these companies or if they knew of someone better. Just to get some input.....I`ve just dealt with fellers for vinyl supply and thats it.... A local public library came to me and ask`d if I could make them a sign, They described what they wanted and I told them I`d get back to them shortly with a quote. When I asked for input on the companies I was in the process of giving them a quote. I gave them the price and they went with it which is more than fair for the job and they`ll get there money`s worth. I don`t know whats backwards about that. What I do know is there`s some really good people on this forum but there`s some real jackasses.

R08

Don't worry about it Charlie. Attacking the newbie has become somewhat of a bloodsport around here. Think of it as hazing. Kind of a trial by fire.

But stick around it does get better and you'll learn to ask better questions. although
I personally did not find anything wrong with your question.

Welcome and good luck.

511graphix

I just went with harbor. All I wanted to know in the first place is if anybody had any experiences with these companies or if they knew of someone better. Just to get some input.....I`ve just dealt with fellers for vinyl supply and thats it.... A local public library came to me and ask`d if I could make them a sign, They described what they wanted and I told them I`d get back to them shortly with a quote. When I asked for input on the companies I was in the process of giving them a quote. I gave them the price and they went with it which is more than fair for the job and they`ll get there money`s worth. I don`t know whats backwards about that. What I do know is there`s some really good people on this forum but there`s some real jackasses.

well if you put it that way. the way it sounded to me in your first post. that you never done any signs. you just didnt give alot of info... I ment backwards in that you should now how to make and how to order things before you sell a sign. but is sounds like your not a newbie to signs, just this site...

Sign_Boy

I have found Harbor to be pretty solid, they have some issues but I guess you'll find that with any company.
As for the people one here, well there is a so called hazing stage, but over all everyone is cool.
This is a great place to get info and give info. Stick around you'll see it's worth it and the people as much as they try to be hard
a$$es well they have big hearts. LOL for the most part.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Hey Charlie……

If you would’ve combined your 1st post with post 29…. it all would’ve made more sense to this old irritable hoity toity jackass. :doh:

Yeah, there are other areas to go and get this information as has been pointed out, but if YOU don’t go there as most well know, a newbie doesn’t know to go there… you’ll never find anything out.

I wouldn’t consider any of this to be hazing or being hard on you at all. You don’t need a thick skin or even need to chill. It helps though if you think about what you’re saying before you write a few incoherent words and expect results immediately without someone mocking you for spelling, punctuation, substance, phrasing, fused sentences and avoiding fragments, half thoughts and unfinished and unavoidable misinterpretation. Calling the very people that you’re asking for help a jackass isn’t even bad…. in fact, it’s quite entertaining. On the other hand, the others that want people to go easy on you already know the ins and outs and if they prefer to do it nice and easy instead of rough and tough…. so be it. Kinda sounds like Tina there. Anyway, if you have the stomach for learning… there’s quite a bit of it going on inside, but out here…. there’s no telling what kinda advice you’ll receive. So if you’re serious about making signs…. don’t worry about how or what tone is used… if you’re getting answers… worry about name calling and purposely trying to hurt someone. If I’m being a jackass… sorry, but that doesn’t account for your being a bigger one. Hell, I have a lot more practice at it than you. :peace!:

charlie3238

Hey Charlie……

If you would’ve combined your 1st post with post 29…. it all would’ve made more sense to this old irritable hoity toity jackass. :doh:

Yeah, there are other areas to go and get this information as has been pointed out, but if YOU don’t go there as most well know, a newbie doesn’t know to go there… you’ll never find anything out.

I wouldn’t consider any of this to be hazing or being hard on you at all. You don’t need a thick skin or even need to chill. It helps though if you think about what you’re saying before you write a few incoherent words and expect results immediately without someone mocking you for spelling, punctuation, substance, phrasing, fused sentences and avoiding fragments, half thoughts and unfinished and unavoidable misinterpretation. Calling the very people that you’re asking for help a jackass isn’t even bad…. in fact, it’s quite entertaining. On the other hand, the others that want people to go easy on you already know the ins and outs and if they prefer to do it nice and easy instead of rough and tough…. so be it. Kinda sounds like Tina there. Anyway, if you have the stomach for learning… there’s quite a bit of it going on inside, but out here…. there’s no telling what kinda advice you’ll receive. So if you’re serious about making signs…. don’t worry about how or what tone is used… if you’re getting answers… worry about name calling and purposely trying to hurt someone. If I’m being a jackass… sorry, but that doesn’t account for your being a bigger one. Hell, I have a lot more practice at it than you. :peace!:

Well I thought this was a forum about making signs and not nit picking spelling, Phrasing, Fused sentences bla, bla, bla. Now that I`ve been "jumped" into signs101 I`ll pay more attention to things like that though. I`m going to post a picture of the finished sign when I`m done. Hopefully Gino will be willing to cirtique it?