• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi prices

J B

I have downsized my operation and am trying to sell some of my software.
Can anyone tell me what realistic prices I can expect for the following:

Flexisign Pro 7.5v5 with usb dongle, font and graphics disc and manual

Flexisign Expert 7.5v5 with usb dongle, font and graphics disc and manual

Flexisign Pro 7.5v5 with Parallel port dongle, font and graphics disc and manual

Not trying to get top dollar but I don't want to give it away either.
Any help is appreciated,

J B

Rodi

Not to be a :thread:thread:thread:thread

But why is it that only 2 states have Admins and those states are right next to each other?

Is this some kind of Admin Conspiracy?

BobbyFosson

Hey Rodi,

Just coincidence I guess.. Fred and I have worked together in the past and he generously accepted my offer to help out once again.

Nothing more to it than that.

NOW>>> Let's stay on task :)

Have a great weekend everyone!

high impact

I'm making an approx guess here since they used to be worth quite a bit more but I haven't been in the market for a while and with the economy in the tank...

Pro 7.5 usb = $1000
Expert usb = $500
Pro 7.5 parallel = $800

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I have to agree with Bobby. Auction one or more of them and set an asking price that is the least you're willing to accept. If no one bids, then the market is less than your asking price. If you do get some bids, you will find out what the software is worth and get it sold at the same time.

Auctions are a great way to determine current market value.

Pat Whatley

Fred is actually an acronym for Frequently Required to Educate Dummies and is not a real person but a Google bot.

Just a hunch.

ddarlak

Go Bills!
i just paid $1000 for flexi pro 8.1 w/usb dongle a few months back.

the offer from flexi at the time was $359 to re-register the software in my name and upgrade me to 8.6

J B

Something for nothing

ddarlak, sounds to me like you got the deal of the year.

A new version retails for 4295.00
I'm asking 1000
upgrade is 1800 and alot of people wouldn't even need the newer version.

My thinking is 1495 savings ain't to bad.

People are offering less than 500. I just can't see that as being reasonable. Am I being unreasonable?

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
People are offering less than 500. I just can't see that as being reasonable. Am I being unreasonable?

No, but you may be experiencing bad timing. Keep it listed until someone comes along that is faced with buying it at full price or at a savings from you.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
ddarlak, sounds to me like you got the deal of the year.

A new version retails for 4295.00
I'm asking 1000
upgrade is 1800 and alot of people wouldn't even need the newer version.

My thinking is 1495 savings ain't to bad.

Probably. Second hand software is basically worth whatever you can get for it. Including nothing at all.

Quoting prices for Flexi is basically meaningless. No one no how pays list price for it straight out. More often than not it's bundled with this or that. Flexi is almost always acquired as part of something else.

The reason for that being that most people get Flexi as part of some package when they first start out. The only real reason to upgrade is when you acquire some new piece of gear with which the current version will not deal. Even that upgrade most likely bundled in with your new purchase. As long as your current software runs your current tackle, there's really no need to upgrade anything. Certainly no valid business reason.

Stealth Ryder

The products will not work with Vista or Win 7, this may become an issue as Microsoft discontinues support with previous versions of Windows... This could drive the price down considerably... JMO...

Techman

As to bob's post.

I was negotiating to purchase some equipment and soon found out that full price is just something stuck onto a price tag. The real price quoted to me was just south of half the list price.

J B

Thanks for the input guys. I agree with some points but disagree with others.
As a former salesman your right that retail is "suggested" however unless Scanvec has a sale, retailers don't have 100% markup on it, not even close. If you are buying a twenty or thirty thousand dollar printer, yea they got wiggle room but it is off the printer not the software, even if that's what they tell you.
I know Scanvec had a huge discounted sale a while back but I don't see anyone selling it cheap right now. Even that ebay outfit is listing back at retail.
Anyway, if anyone is reading this that may be interested, work your best deal on the equipment seperately and I think you will see that buying a legitamate upgradeable software can save you money in the long run.

Have a good day everyone!