• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi Quits with No warning

PMG

I mean come on you copy something and flexi takes a dump,,,,,do a search on here about the issues with flexi im not the only one pissing about it.

PMG

works FLAWLESS for us. what is your excuse?
well hell what ya charge to get mine working flawless then seems like you know the key,,,maybe let flexi know your flawless secret then they wont need tech support..hell you could a millionare fixing flexi running systems..........BRILLIANT idea :doh:

Pat Whatley

Ummm...no they don't. They make crack codes so people can steal the program and never pay for it. The "testing it" idea is bullshit. That said, ever notice how many people essentially running "sticker" shops with a cheap plotter all seem to be running Flexi 7.6 v2? Can only afford $400 for a plotter but have a $2000 program? Hmmmmmm.

We had the same problem with Flexi, and I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but on all three systems replacing the onboard video with good video cards fixed the problem. I'm willing to be you that $100 on a video card will fix your problems.

PMG

Pat..I have 2 Gforce cards in mine ..what do you suggest on using....Gforce is a good card.

SignBurst PCs

why has nobody asked about the computer this is running on. this sounds to me like a lack of ram and/or processing power. pure and simple. there are no problems with flexi. your hardware is lacking. if your hardware is sufficient, then your flexi load is corrupted.

as far a sai not lisetning. well, i can say every time i call its at LEAST a 20-30 minute wait. SUCKS ASS. but they are VERY helpful. you have to realize. this isnt the day of the intel celeron processor. the 1 gb of ram. these programs are meant to run on systems that are seriously pumped. we push them to their limits. and many people put this program on a system that is attached to the internet with NO firewall, so riddled with adware, viruses etc. lets get real here. either learn to set up a system to run a $4k program on, or be damned. stop blaming the software.

Tec? Are you serious? Flexi has had and still does have problems. Granted, not all of users' problems are software related, but Flexi is not (and never has been) perfect. Just recently, the problem with 8.5v1 was so widespread that printer manufacturers wouldn't even give out the newest (at the time) version of Flexi because they didn't want the issues. They ended up giving out an older version that was more stable. We saw problems across the board with our computers and other manufacturers. Production Manager was shutting down for no apparent reason, on brand new computers. This was a known issue as I discussed it with several SAI employees.

That being said, it appears that the guys over at SAI got it figured out. With the release of v2, we are not hearing near as many horror stories. They generally put out good stuff. Everyone has issues at one time or another. At least is looks like they got it figured out, this time.

Last edited:

SignBurst PCs

We had the same problem with Flexi, and I know this is going to sound ridiculous, but on all three systems replacing the onboard video with good video cards fixed the problem. I'm willing to be you that $100 on a video card will fix your problems.

It is interesting how Flexi works. I, honestly, have made a seemingly harmless change to a PC and rendered Flexi inoperable. I have a customer (forget what version of Flexi, 7.?) who changed her XP GUI to "classic". As soon as she did, Production Manager wouldn't open. We tried many things to figure it out, but in the end, we just set it back her XP GUI to "standard XP" and it worked fine. We did it a couple times to be sure that was the "problem". I can guarantee that she wasn't lacking hardware.

It was an isolated incident (as far as I know), but it is strange how that affected Flexi. Your story about changing out video cards reminded me of this. But I don't think all onboard video chipsets have a problem with Flexi. Maybe certain onboard chipsets have problems though? I have come to believe that anything is possible with Flexi.

S. Sexton

I just finished down loading 8.6v1 I hope this helps our production manger problems. Production manger would show an error once in a while and we would need to restart production. Tuesday all we would get is an error telling us it needed to close. I was thinking SAI just needed to close up and go away.
We will see if 8.6v1 helps fingers crossed we will see tomorrow

Matthew Scher

The latest version of Flexi is 8.6v1. If you are using 8.5 or 8.6 and have any crashes then please contact me and I will be happy to work with you to determine if this is due to a bug (in which case we will fix it), or caused by some other setting.

PMG

The latest version of Flexi is 8.6v1. If you are using 8.5 or 8.6 and have any crashes then please contact me and I will be happy to work with you to determine if this is due to a bug (in which case we will fix it), or caused by some other setting.
mine takes a dump more than 2 or 3 times a day i have 8.5 v2 sp1...Teri H at SAI could not fix the issues .

Matthew Scher

If it crashes even once a week that is too much. Send me your contact info and I will send you a link to download the 8.6v1 release (this invitation is available to all 8.5 users - it requires an 8.5 password to install and run)

All-Star Signs

May I get the link to 8.6v1?

I have Flexi Pro 8.5v1 and would like to update to version 8.6v1. Could I get the link from you?

Thanks,
Robert Wales
All-Star Signs
1713 County Wood Drive
Hoschton, GA 30548
770-356-8225
770-614-3268 fax
robert@allstarsigns.net

SignsOfMaine

Can't confirm 1 way or the other, but most of my flexi crashes seem to be memory issues. It doesn't happen often and I like the software, but it doesn't play nice with e.g. illustrator. My system is not as powerful as e.g. PMG's though.

Even a powerful system can still have memory issues if there's a lot going on in the background, or just 1 specific thing that flexi hates.

Bigg_billy

Not an expert with Flexi, but when my other sign software programs crashed, it was because the files in the program became corrupted. So did your Flexi run good for a while then became corrupted? If so, create a file somewhere out of the program to save your job files. Then uninstall Flexi and reinstall it, and copy your files back in. The amount of time it took to corrupt your original program will likely be the same amount of time it will take to corrupt again. Folks that don't have problems probably have better firewall, spam, adaware, and virus software installed...

Billy

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.

Excuse me? If your software crashes then your software has a bug. Period.

If it were properly engineered and implemented then there is no setting of anything or any combination of things that should cause it to crash.

I see a variation on the "Doc, it hurts when I do this"; "Then don't do that" coming up. The world is rife with half-assed software and Flexi is no exception. Amateurs.