• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi-Sign...who uses it? Poll??

Do You Use FlexiSign?

• Yes

Votes: 255 71.0%
  • No

Votes: 104 29.0%

• Total voters

mikey-Oh

rockin 7.6v2 at work. guess i'm glad to be among the almost 8/3rds majority(wait that can't possibly be correct.)

holy thread resurrection, bat-man?!

FatCat

Coming from the offset printing world, I feel more comfortable using Adobe products. So Illy and Photoshop handle the majority of what I do and then everything gets RIP'd to Wasatch.

anthony smith

Have used since 92 Love the program but the company support has gone to pot
had a issue hooking up a plotter some time back Called left a message never got a
return call
Has happen a few times
tried most all and like Flexi better or at least it is what I learned so never changed
Have 3 full pro keys and 1 designer
You would expect a little better service but
I have also had Omega and Edges Gerbers tech support got so bad
we got rid of all gerber Machines and software just hope Flexi wakes up before
someone comes along and Knocks them down to size.
People Like to feel that you appreciate their business it is no different
with a 3k Piece of software
SA has some lessons to learn on customer service
Just my 2 cents

WildWestDesigns

Have used since 92 Love the program but the company support has gone to pot
had a issue hooking up a plotter some time back Called left a message never got a
return call
Has happen a few times
tried most all and like Flexi better or at least it is what I learned so never changed
Have 3 full pro keys and 1 designer
You would expect a little better service but
I have also had Omega and Edges Gerbers tech support got so bad
we got rid of all gerber Machines and software just hope Flexi wakes up before
someone comes along and Knocks them down to size.
People Like to feel that you appreciate their business it is no different
with a 3k Piece of software
SA has some lessons to learn on customer service
Just my 2 cents

Customer service should be good no matter what the product, but it should be supurb for the expensive products. Doesn't matter what the product is. Down in your neck of the woods there was a restaurant called the Oasis(might still be there, but I know it at least changed owners once) and it started great...great food, but service just got worse and worse and worse and it was essentially the same staff "on the front lines" even after the owner change. I stopped going, it wasn't worth it even when I was going down there picking up trees at a local nursery, I just waited til I got a little north on 24.

Service is important that is for sure.

cartar929

I used Flexi at the first sign shop I worked at and it was easy to understand. I could see how it is very helpful for people starting out. Now I use Illustrator and love it, not sure I would go back to Flexi. No point in really having both so if I had to choose may as well choose an Adobe package over just purchasing Flexi sign, I feel like you end up with more for the money with Adobe.

SignAnnex

I used Flexi at the first sign shop I worked at and it was easy to understand. I could see how it is very helpful for people starting out. Now I use Illustrator and love it, not sure I would go back to Flexi. No point in really having both so if I had to choose may as well choose an Adobe package over just purchasing Flexi sign, I feel like you end up with more for the money with Adobe.

I have both and everything is exported to flexi before rip and print. Wasn't aware I could print strait from Illustrator? Could you please explain the process, what do you use for your rip?

cartar929

yeah you are right on that. we have an hp8000, sign ez was the rip software that came with it. it's not the greatest, postershop would be nice...

when i worked at the old shop, the rip from flexi wasn't the best, we ended up getting another rip software for it. i can't remember what it was called...that was about 4 years ago so i'm sure their rip is much better now.

Pat Whatley

Started out with Flexi 2, upgraded periodically all the way to version 8. I'm staying at 8 until I break down and buy a printer.

Bill Modzel

I got a demo version back in 89 or 90 when Flexi was only a Mac program, yea, really.
I was using Illy 88 at the time and cutting with Signpost, a bridge app. The one thing that I really like is that they had the color vinyl pallets which was pretty cool.

In the end, I just stuck with Illy and except for a couple of buggy versions, it's a decision I don't regret at all.

mopar691

Still on 7.6 here. But then again im still using my 2 roland PC-600's. When i get into the liquid and large printing then i will update for sure.
Do some drawing in AI cause thats what i went to school for, but the quick and easy layouts all done in Flexi-Pro. But a upgrade might change that

yukon

I use it, since about '96 when Roland had it under the name "SignMAte". I Always upgrade to keep current. Now using both 8.6 Pro and v 10Pro. "10" has some color issues I'm still trying to iron out.

Edserv

We use Flexi for all our initial client designs. And we are very happy with importing our client's Adobe and raw files. Sure, you always have issues, but Flexi is such an easy program to learn and use, (if I can do it!!) almost anyone should be able to!
One thing we learned quickly- make sure you convert Adobe Ill. files to eps prior to importing to Flexi to preserve colors. If you import Adobe Ill. files without saving as eps, you're going to have some fun.

We're in the process of separating our design stations from our production stations and are currently purchasing a second Mutoh 1204 and second copy of Flexi for ripping and printing.
Can't wait to see the increase in efficiency with multiple stations!

Good luck everyone, see you at the ISA show!
Chris

visual800

been using it since 99 love it! its not pretty to design in compared to illustrator but it will make a damn good start. i never buy new programs always used they are just too damn expensive

K Chez

Had it a place I used to work at-maybe 1 or 2 sign related things it does better than Corel. Service/support was the worst-could not select more than one node at a time for some reason-shift/click or marquee would deselect everything and jump out of node editing mode. Co. had the support plan, had the latest service pack, ect., when calling and explaining the problem, their answer was "well, it should work-I don't know what to tell ya". For the $3000+ price tag-a rip off.