• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Flexi V6.6x Win 7pro x64 in XP Mode

Greyhane

Hey all,

I have to get Flexi 6.6x running on a win7 pro x64 system. I have it installed in XP Mode, but it is not detecting the parallel hardware key. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Scott

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
best bet would be to go garage saleing for an xp (wait, was 6.6 on win 98?) system

just sayin

It was most likely developed when Win95 was the latest version around the mid 1990s. The version 6 series was published after the Scanvec/Amiable Technologies merger and was much more like CasMate then Flexisign. It didn't do very well and the merged business was bought out by a group of employees who returned the application to its Flexisign roots with the version 7 and all later versions.

The thing to check for would be the old Sentinel driver for the parallel dongle at Safenet.

FrankW

The version 6 series was published after the Scanvec/Amiable Technologies merger and was much more like CasMate then Flexisign.

It is correct that Flexi 6 was completely different to the predecessor Flexi 5, but the development of Flexi 6 have begun before the merger. SAi have stopped continuing CASmate too in 1997 (before the merger) and have tried to establish a completely new software too, Inspire (had a lot of problems). After the merger, they skip Inspire, and use the Amiable-Software. The only thing what remembers on CASmate was the CASmate Import Filter, the possibility to use CASFonts, and additional vectorizing functionality which based on CASmate. Flexi is very different to CASmate and Inspire too.

But: Flexi 6 had limitations on XP too, wasn't recommended by SAi to be used on XP. It mostly works, yes, depending on the Service pack. Good idea would be to buy a used old PC or doing an upgrade.

Tony McD

Yes..you need the hasp driver.

I'm running VE LXI Master 6.6v1 (same as Flexi) on windows 7 pro with virtual machine and xp.
I have a shortcut on my desktop to start the program.
When I click the program to start, I have to quickly right click on the program in the task bar,
click "manage usb attachments" and then click to "attach" the hasp driver and in my case
the usb-serial converter cable.

Works fine for me, and if you leave the program open all day, you only have to do it once when you first
start the program in the morning.

Hope this helps...

Attachments

• Flexi.jpg
    Flexi.jpg
    363.4 KB · Views: 175

Tony McD

For me, all of my designing and printing is done in corel draw.
I save all my cut files as an ai file and import it into flexi for cutting.
Bought this version of Flexi in about 2002 or so, and seems like it was about 11 hundred dollars,
so I'm still getting my moneys worth out of the program.
I will continue to do it this way till it won't work anymore and then probably
just get a bridge program to cut from corel.