• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Food Bank sign destroyed

signmeup

Some little sh*t decided to bust though the sign I made for the local food bank. Really ticks me off.

Attachments

• IMG_3574-copy.jpg
    IMG_3574-copy.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 124

GB2

Old Member
That is truly a shame after all that beautiful sincere effort you put into that. Do they have insurance? At least that's a good thing about HDU, without too, too much effort you can make a good repair and put it back in service.

jiarby

looks like you can salvage the applique....

Maybe a print on MDO for the next one instead of HDU?

A moat with alligators around it?

signmeup

I think it was just too easy to get a run on and shoulder into it. If I put a stack stone flower bed around the base it should prevent that from happening again.

signmeup

looks like you can salvage the applique....

Maybe a print on MDO for the next one instead of HDU?
QUOTE]
Thought of the MDO idea. Might do it. Just a shame to waste a perfectly good carved sign. HDU sure does snap nice and clean. Should be an easy fix. I can't help but think it's a sport now they've gone through it once.

I built the sign light, without an inner steel frame to cut my cost(it was a donation) but I kinda wish I'd done it now. They might have wrecked it just the same though.

signmeup

What really p*sses me off is that it was for a charitable organization who try to do good for the community.

k.a.s.

You should be able to fix it, we gorilla glued a 4x8 HDU sign back together from about 6 pieces. It will take a total repaint but you won't have to do all the carving again.

Kevin

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Doesnt this mean they will have to get another one made by you? That kid just got you some repeat business the easy way..lol

iSign

Doesnt this mean they will have to get another one made by you? That kid just got you some repeat business the easy way..lol
repeat business on a free donation isn't always a good thing...
cut the head off several 1-1/2' finishing nails, sharpen the cut end & embed a dozen double ended spikes in the glue joint... maybe you can catch the little s#!+ with one of the nails next time...

..not that this was ever the purpose of course.. just the standard spliting procedure always done in cases like this :peace!:

Billct2

That's a real shame but
that's one of the problems with HDU.
When you repair it you could add a flat steel plate along the bottom, or better an angle with it routed into the bottom. And maybe a few steel rods where you join it.
At least maybe they'll get hurt next time.

Sign Works

Maybe back up the HDU panel with 3/4" MDO to provide strength to prevent this from happening. It is such a shame, vandals for some reason are attracted to nice new shiney things.

animenick65

Wow, what bastards. I'm sorry to hear that man. My heart dropped as soon as I saw the title of this post. Some people are just complete idiots.