• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

found a bong in kids room

Joe Diaz

I know a good way embarrass the kid a little and find out if it is in fact his or if he's just "watching it for a friend :rolleyes:" Get some of that dye that doesn't wash off and applies clear but dyes anything it touches purple, and put that on wherever the owner of said bong would put his or her mouth.

Joe Diaz

Here this is what I'm talking about. It's the stuff in the 2nd part of the video:

[video=youtube;TDZe5PiXj54]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDZe5PiXj54[/video]

OldPaint

at least you can see what he is doing, PUT IT BACK, at least hes not downing a 12 PACK OF BUD....every nite.......which would be worse in my book...

4R Graphics

I have kids my oldest son is 14.
I have had a colorful past.
By no means was I like your son skiped school stayed out late etc etc...

From my experiences and being a father I feel that if I was in your shoes with a son like yours I would put it back and say nothing to him.

If you confront him 1 of 2 things will happen he will be honest or he will lie you hope for honest but he may lie which is not good for either of you.

Just put it back dont say anything but keep an eye on him if he starts to go down hill step in and be the hated tyrrant (for his own good)

When he turns 18 (the very day) pull him a side tell him you found it and let him know that he is an adult now and any criminal charges will fallow him the rest of his life. Also reasure him how well he has done and that you have faith that as an adult he will make the right choices.

Just my 2 cents (but 2 cents from someone who has experience on the other end).

Mike Paul

Super Active Member
Did you find a stash? A pipe should have some product. Maybe the size of the bag would help with your decision.

If you decide to put it back; Maybe rub a Ghost pepper or Habanero around the mouth piece.

iSign

lots of good comments here!

I had lenient but loving, communicative & supportive parents... fortunately a little naive at first too :Big Laugh

...but one night, in high school, I came home with a few lucky friends, to see the kitchen counters lined with all the past few years accumulation of smoking paraphernalia‎ :omg:

...so that was the end of my thermo-syphoning high volume 5-gallon hookah, my custom oil-lamp water pipe, 2-part acrylic "Cold-Tokes" bong with 30" custom bong extension, my signature hippified hand leather fringe wrapped bamboo bong, various length imported brass hash pipes, and the unlocked & unopened metal "lock-box" with more than personal stash should look like!

Everything was split up between my 3 friends, with most being gifts, and a few select pieces being held for me to obtain later!

There was very little said that night, except that the items were illegal, and therefore not welcome in the house. I had been arrested before, so the use of herb was not a new discovery that day, so it was more about the respect of my parents household, and I showed them a great deal more respect after that!

(moderation is still a very significant issue with weed, in my opinion... I could still smoke most folks under the table... at work, in social settings, or even during athletic challenges... that said, there are times, as you can clearly imagine, that it is better to wait until later.. I don't believe weed has every really been considered physically addictive like tobacco or alcohol et al, but it is still a psychologically addictive, or habit forming substance... so I think there is a line where the user, who is in control of his habit, can slip into a subservience to allowing the habit to control him or her, and this is where one should worry... this is where moderation is a damn good suggestion! (One I still have to suggest to myself from time to time:banghead:)

ThinkRight

Tis is a moment in the lives of your whole family that can be good or it will tear the family apart .
Talk with him and do not scold him. Tell him how you honestly feel about it and what you wish he would do going forward .
In reality , this is not a big deal.
It is a kid who is growing up ,finding himself .Peer pressure or just wanting to fit in could have played a part in this .
He is old enough to know right from wrong and sometimes people make wrong decisions .
This is a good growing / learning experience for the family.
Hope it all ends well.

:peace!:

ICeMAnAbk

Colorado coming from you this is just funny.

1. The kid is 17 not 20 major life changing years between the 2. I know I trained kids from 18-20 how to be good Airman.

What AFSC are you training them? Services? Check them off on ladeling that sauce correctly on the main course? Air Force "Training" is a joke.

Far as the issue, it's your personal decision as what to do. Honestly, it's in his room, he's more then likely tried it at this point. He's 17, treat him as an adult because if he's hanging out with a rough crowd, going off over it could push him away and make him hang out with the bad crew more. I have a few friends and my own sister that sunk deep into drugs for a while and some came out and did a 180, some didn't make it and overdosed. It's a harsh reality, that all the effort you put into him to have him progress and do good could be foiled by some ****head's parents who didn't guide their own son or daughter and let them do drugs.

A lot of people I know who get in trouble are "bored" because there is "nothing to do". Plus, I would know, I got in a hell of a lot of trouble when I was younger til I got some hobbies to keep me busy. A lot of addicts, and this desn't just cover drugs because alcoholics, and people who are addicted to food, all these little weird addictions are because of bordom mainly because they don't learn ay skills to keep them busy.

Go lift at the gym, shoot guns, archery, hunting, camping fishing, boating, do crafts, **** teach him signs, painting, just ANYTHING.... productive that keeps him busy and focusing on goals like being able ot bench press 315 a few times, instead of how much weed he can smoke in a monster blunt on 420.

My personal opinion. If he's going to be addicted, get him addicted to being progressive and learning.

Locals Find!

What AFSC are you training them? Services? Check them off on ladeling that sauce correctly on the main course? Air Force "Training" is a joke.

I trained them to be vehicle operators. No joking in around being a 2t131. We trained above and beyond DOT rules. I was qualified to drive every single vehicle we had in the service and a few from some of the other branches. I can still to this day put a 80 foot trailer into any damn spot I want within centimeters. You don't have room for error near aircraft or even at the ports. You screw up and the whole damn system breaks down fast and that means food, ammo, and supplies don't get where they need to be on time. Training with me and my brothers wasn't a joke. We took our jobs seriously. Those who wanted to be jokesters ended up in Supply or as SP grunts they weren't going near our vehicles.

ICeMAnAbk

I trained them to be vehicle operators. No joking in around being a 2t131. We trained above and beyond DOT rules. I was qualified to drive every single vehicle we had in the service and a few from some of the other branches. I can still to this day put a 80 foot trailer into any damn spot I want within centimeters. You don't have room for error near aircraft or even at the ports. You screw up and the whole damn system breaks down fast and that means food, ammo, and supplies don't get where they need to be on time. Training with me and my brothers wasn't a joke. We took our jobs seriously. Those who wanted to be jokesters ended up in Supply or as SP grunts they weren't going near our vehicles.

-You had a GOV permit in the past with a list of vehicles you could use
-An Airfield Competency Card is easy for a Flight Line and gives access for those vehicles in the Controlled movement area.
-A 3 lvl Apprentice is a person who graduated tech school with no real experience and has no achieved their basic 5 lvl Technician rank. Sure you were a 2T131?
-Whole system breaks down? Loadmasters are in close proximity of an aircraft during loading and unloading of assets such as supplies and military hardware.
-Here, 2T1X1s drive a bus full of flyers out to their apron for boarding using taxiways usually. I'd find it hard to believe you ever had to enter the VFR or IFR zone of an active runway unless for some odd reason they decided to put the apron on the other side opposite of the hangars.

Training is training, and military training is very easy and super redundant. Your first year on station is just to train. Not even do you job, but to train. If you don't know how to do it after a year, you need to be removed from the service. Granted, training Airmen is just basically teaching them job related stuff. There is some mentoring and briefings, and counseling to keep them from screwing up, but you always get DUIs, immature ****, etc etc. The training in the military doesn't make them mature, they either grow up or they don't.

Also, with backing up, there are usually 1 or 2 personnel assisting you in tasks as a safety observer. I know for a fact backing up near an aircraft without observers is a direct violation of 24-301 Vehicle Operations, and 12-213 Airfield Driving. If causing an incursion on a runway would land you in confinement awaiting a trail for destruction of government property.

TheSnowman

I didn't realize the kid paid the mortgage, that changes everything!

I was thinking the same thing. I'll snoop wherever the puff I want to snoop. Until you move out and pay your own bills, it's my rules.

Locals Find!

-You had a GOV permit in the past with a list of vehicles you could use
-An Airfield Competency Card is easy for a Flight Line and gives access for those vehicles in the Controlled movement area.
-A 3 lvl Apprentice is a person who graduated tech school with no real experience and has no achieved their basic 5 lvl Technician rank. Sure you were a 2T131?
-Whole system breaks down? Loadmasters are in close proximity of an aircraft during loading and unloading of assets such as supplies and military hardware.
-Here, 2T1X1s drive a bus full of flyers out to their apron for boarding using taxiways usually. I'd find it hard to believe you ever had to enter the VFR or IFR zone of an active runway unless for some odd reason they decided to put the apron on the other side opposite of the hangars.

Training is training, and military training is very easy and super redundant. Your first year on station is just to train. Not even do you job, but to train. If you don't know how to do it after a year, you need to be removed from the service. Granted, training Airmen is just basically teaching them job related stuff. There is some mentoring and briefings, and counseling to keep them from screwing up, but you always get DUIs, immature ****, etc etc. The training in the military doesn't make them mature, they either grow up or they don't.

Also, with backing up, there are usually 1 or 2 personnel assisting you in tasks as a safety observer. I know for a fact backing up near an aircraft without observers is a direct violation of 24-301 Vehicle Operations, and 12-213 Airfield Driving. If causing an incursion on a runway would land you in confinement awaiting a trail for destruction of government property.

2T131s jump right into their jobs. We don't sit them around for a year training them. They hit the ground running. At least in my shop. Within 6 months if you couldn't drive every vehicle in the fleet to perfection you were gone. We trained constantly, in full MOPP 4 gear.

I trained 2T131s, I was a 2T151 when I left. I trained my troops once they were permanent party. I kept an eye on them, helped them get through. I wasn't tech school cadre spitting em out every 6 weeks. We did lose kids from stupidity, you have seen it happen. Hell, it still happens. The difference was I fought to keep them around and help them mature. Not to make the same mistakes I made as a young airman with so many Article 15s and LORs I should have been booted out the back gate headfirst. I am sure in today's service I would have been.

My sergeants looked out for me and helped me up and over. So, I did the same for my men when I was given the chance.

As for the system breaking down. Not saying any one job is better than other but, without us Logistics guys making sure sh*t moves. Nothing moves. Loadmasters are not going to get the materials where they need to go once they are off that plane. They will wait for you to unload or do it themselves and leave it right there for you to pick it up. I have seen enough of the bastards do it when we were running behind.

As for driving pilots, I did a lot of that at 2am so those boys could suck down some oxygen after getting wasted. Them boys don't walk anywhere. They will be 15 feet from a hanger and we have had to send out a sedan to pick em up and drive em to Ops.

ICeMAnAbk

Not to make the same mistakes I made as a young airman with so many Article 15s and LORs I should have been booted out the back gate headfirst. I am sure in today's service I would have been.

Answers the question right there. Notice, you knew your job, very well, however, you still got a lot of administrative actions against you because even though you were... 17 to 20, you were still immature. Heck, maybe you were 23 or 25, I dunno.
Tough love is how it is now. You can take my advice, or I can show you the door. I can deal with inexperience and someone who is a slow learner, if they're willing to show me they have a good character. A person who seems like trouble might be excellent at a task, but it's a ticking time bomb. Not sure what you did to get LORs and A15s, but if you were one of my troops and did some tom foolery to that extent, I'd be on you like white on rice. Show me you're a good person and worth my effort, I'll go and fight the man for you and be relentless at it.

The kid in question in this post is 17, probably watched alice in wonderland stoned with some buddies or listened to fish while eating cheetos. Does good in school and all, but hey, maybe he's bored, maybe he needs some hobbies and **** to keep him busy and away from the drugs and bad influences. Any guy knows, when dudes get together, and are all "bored", **** gets real, quick. Doesn't always end up as trouble, but there is a good chance for it sometimes. The simple "it's just pot" or "he'll grow out of it" doesn't work. Keep him busy, find some interests he hasn't found yet and push him to go for it. He has goals, then he'll be too busy to want to smoke. He find a hobby like... archery for example, he'd spend more time on that, and with other people into it, and see pot as a waste of time after a while.

bernie

Kids do stupid things - he may or may not be experimenting. Good kids can loose a lot of ground real fast so I'd just
keep an eye on him.

Sometimes they acquire things just for the sake of having it or they thought it was a good idea at the time.

I would make sure this item disappeared and would not say a word. He definitely will wonder where it went if he's using it.

HulkSmash

2T131s jump right into their jobs. We don't sit them around for a year training them. They hit the ground running. At least in my shop. Within 6 months if you couldn't drive every vehicle in the fleet to perfection you were gone. We trained constantly, in full MOPP 4 gear.

I trained 2T131s, I was a 2T151 when I left. I trained my troops once they were permanent party. I kept an eye on them, helped them get through. I wasn't tech school cadre spitting em out every 6 weeks. We did lose kids from stupidity, you have seen it happen. Hell, it still happens. The difference was I fought to keep them around and help them mature. Not to make the same mistakes I made as a young airman with so many Article 15s and LORs I should have been booted out the back gate headfirst. I am sure in today's service I would have been.

My sergeants looked out for me and helped me up and over. So, I did the same for my men when I was given the chance.

As for the system breaking down. Not saying any one job is better than other but, without us Logistics guys making sure sh*t moves. Nothing moves. Loadmasters are not going to get the materials where they need to go once they are off that plane. They will wait for you to unload or do it themselves and leave it right there for you to pick it up. I have seen enough of the bastards do it when we were running behind.

As for driving pilots, I did a lot of that at 2am so those boys could suck down some oxygen after getting wasted. Them boys don't walk anywhere. They will be 15 feet from a hanger and we have had to send out a sedan to pick em up and drive em to Ops.

What years were you in the military.... this may explain a lot about our US history.