• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

gerber gs15plus cutting problem

petepaz

just printed a job on the edge
1ediam. label and now trying to cut and the first couple cut ok but as it goes on the laft to right is ok but the front to back alignment is off
(if you are standing in front of the controls)

any ideas what would cause this or how to fix
thanks

KR3signguy

Did you exit out of quickplot, select the cuts and send them seperatly without the print included in the quickplot?

Last edited:

petepaz

the print and cut are in the same file and done together
also we cleaned the sprokets but that is not the direction that is off
i think there might be a problem with the belt or the parts that move the cutter across the belt that is where the alignment is off
it cuts the first few and then jumps

Attachments

• gerber cut problem.jpg
    gerber cut problem.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 119
  • gerber cut problem.bmp
    683.9 KB · Views: 140

signage

Try to do the same file on different vinyl and see what happens. There has been issues with miss punched rolls may be causing your problem. Looking at you thumbnail looks as though it isn't traveling straight.

petepaz

i will give it a try but i think the issue is with the part that the blade goes in because the cuts stay in line with the arrow in my thumbnail but it seems to jump up futher than the part it is cutting
i didn't quite get the image scanned straight but all the art work and cuts are straight but the blade moves further up the row than where the actual cut should be

KR3signguy

From a previous post:

Take the covers off the plotter clean the gear drive wheels.
There is a calibration test you can run to test and correct alignment problems between the Edge and the GSX. These are included with Omega and should be found at C:\Jobs\Calibrat\Calibrat.plt on your computer.

- print the calibrate file that has a bunch of black bars with letters identifying them
- cut the print and see which letter the cutter is cutting a bar off
- go into Omega (gspplot) under the plotter settings
- enter the settings and once you save them as your preferences a star will appear next to the Gsx cutter in the list indicating its calibrated

http://www.gerberscientific.com/contacts.htm
860-644-1551 phone

petepaz

thanks for the help guys
i ran on some other vinyl and it worked so i checked the holes and they where off slightly
i thought that would throw it off the other direction
oh well and the job is done and we move on
probably not a bad idea to remove the covers and clean under the hood

CBurr

The picture looks like it jammed once going across the vinyl.
Are the silver bars that the carriage rides on dry? If so clean with isopropyl alcohol and wipe with a bit of 3 in 1 oil slew the carriage back and forth wipe off the bars and repeat a few times. You can also remove the black cover that puts the force on the knife and put some oil in the ball bearing bushing there's a hole on one side of it (you may need to turn off the machine and turn by hand to get to the hole).

Also check the knife lifter cam for vinyl build up.

petepaz

sounds like we need a major over haul
i do clean the wheels and any exposed parts
and lube them (maybe not enough)
but will check all the suggestions
thanks

WhiskeyDreamer

Professional Snow Ninja
i hate the whole misaligned holes issue....we have that a lot, mainly with avery vinyl.....haven't had the issue that much with gerber, fdc or neschen vinyls....we try to stock non-avery vinyls for this and many other reasons..