• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting some business cards printed, What to put on them? Show me yours!

visual800

My cards are 3.5 x 3.5, and I havent upgraded since 2012 cause I dont pass alot of cards out. This is about all I have ever put on mine. I order these printed on a 3.5 x 8 postcard so I can get 2 on them and just cut them myself, Brochures were ordered same time, really dont hand those out either or should I say Im particular about who get them

Attachments

• business cards 2012.jpg
    business cards 2012.jpg
    181.8 KB · Views: 114
  • page1.jpg
    page1.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 90
  • page2.jpg
    page2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 101

Joe Diaz

Here are our cards and just a few others we have done. Sorry the photos aren't the best.

diaz cards.jpg 003.JPG 006.JPG 009.JPG

When we are done passing out our current ones, I will most likely redesign them. The one thing I don't like about our current cards is that the contact info doesn't have enough contrast. It's passable for business cards, but it could be better (and larger). We opted out of including a laundry list of services and instead have a place to write notes and appointments, since that is something we do all the time.

sardocs

Here is mine. The picture is the view out my office window. I print 'em on 15oz banner material and coat 'em with clearshield. They are soft to handle and always get a positive reaction. We are located in a marine environment/rain-forest and they look good wet. I can leave them on boat windshields at the local marinas.

Attachments

• Graphic1.jpg
    Graphic1.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 103

Marlene

don't put "owner" under the name as no one gives a rats a$$. name, phone number, e-mail, address or at least location. a small list of what you do won't hurt if this is a leave it in a card rack for people to pick up outside of your own shop. if it is you handing it out, not much in the way of inof needed as that's your job to tell them.

sorry OP, but that is a hot mess of a card

SameDay Signs

don't put "owner" under the name as no one gives a rats a$$. name, phone number, e-mail, address or at least location. a small list of what you do won't hurt if this is a leave it in a card rack for people to pick up outside of your own shop. if it is you handing it out, not much in the way of inof needed as that's your job to tell them.

sorry OP, but that is a hot mess of a card

I completely disagree with not having owner on the card. When I want to hand out my card to someone I want them to know they are dealing directly with the owner not just an employee. On my designers card it says graphic designer, on my installers it says installer/manager. I think titles are appropriate so people know who they are dealing with. Just my opinion

jtinker

Owner
I completely disagree with not having owner on the card. When I want to hand out my card to someone I want them to know they are dealing directly with the owner not just an employee. On my designers card it says graphic designer, on my installers it says installer/manager. I think titles are appropriate so people know who they are dealing with. Just my opinion

Totally agree, its important for people to know who they are dealing with, some companies just go overboard though. We did some lawyer cards where there were more titles than the opening credits to highlander and everyone's first name was replaced with 'mister'.

JoeBoomer

Less is more

Less is more. We don't have walk-ins at my business so we decided not to put the address or even our office number on our cards. Anyone trying to contact us has a direct contact here or they will find us on the internet before we even give them a business card. This is prob. a bit different than most of you.

As far as facebook site and things like that, I would say maybe put a QR code and the FB logo instead of a lengthly url. If someone doesn't want to scan it, they will google you or go to your website. I am not a fan of putting urls to anything other than your website.

Also, our owner has "President" on his card, not owner.

LESS IS MORE

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 11.23.13 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 11.23.13 AM.png
    508.9 KB · Views: 101

Pat Whatley

Yeah, you're 100% wrong.
So are you.

I honestly can't think of one time I've ever given a dang who owned the business I was in, even if I was raising hell over a problem. Maybe its this business but the only time I see "owner" on anything its usually on the card of a guy who was in the lawn care business last month, the pressure washing business this month, and will be in the construction business next month.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
There is no 'Right' or 'Wrong' in putting the word owner on a card, however, it is totally unnecessary. Ya wanna clutter it up with nonsense, go ahead.

Your business/calling card is to let people know who you are, what you do and how to get a hold of you.

If you're just at a show randomly handing them out, they will be taking brochures, flyers and other things which is where your laundry lists needs to appear. If your card is to mean anything, you'll most likely be speaking with this potential client and you can then tell them who owns it, who started it, what year and anything else you deem pertinent to catch a customer. The more professional you appear, the more you'll win over a potential client. The more desperate you look or sound.... even on a business card, the less someone will consider using you. It's all about professionalism.

Ever hear the old saying, know when to shut up so you don't talk yourself out of a sale ?? Well, making a business-card look like the Bible is the same thing. It's just overload for the average eye.

edit : Some of these cards are really atrocious. I can't believe sign shops are purposefully handing out some of this garbage. Yowsa, no wonder some of you are seeing a lull.

SIGNTIME

Here's mine like others have said it changes with every order but these are the first ones since the new logo and there is a lot of room for improvement.

Attachments

• buscard.jpg
    buscard.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 112

David Wright

I wonder how much use business cards get used anymore.
I have a stack and a card file and rarely consult them.
With Google, networking sites, contacts in my email accounts and even Quickbooks database,
I find few times I look for a card or even know I have one.

Now all that said, I still pass out cards. Couldn't hurt.

SignManiac

With Google, networking sites, contacts in my email accounts and even Quickbooks database,

+1 here

Jillbeans

I've been using these cards for about 2 years.
I try to keep it pretty simple but I do like to advertise my specialties.
The design part up top is for a different service, I have it kinda greyscale-ish.
Love....Jill

Attachments

• 0303141547.jpg
    0303141547.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 114

Joe Diaz

The truth is there are still a lot of people that are old school and would rather reference a card, so you have to keep them in mind too. But you don't have to use them just for those people and you can use them in unconventional ways. We use ours a lot, but like I said we use them mainly for appointment cards. We also throw them in with letters we mail out. And I also slide them into CD sleeves along with disks that contain artwork just in case they have a question while they are dealing with that artwork and they don't have us on file. We find all sorts of little ways to use them.

They are nice to have when networking too. I know when I'm at a trade show everyone is asking for them and handing them out.