• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting some business cards printed, What to put on them? Show me yours!

s.hack

Hi, I'm in the process of designing my business card and I'm wondering what I should include.
Right now I currently sell wrap vinyl, as well as wrap tools (squeegees, cutter, gloves). I also do custom cut vinyl graphics/stickers, etc (I have my own plotter). I'm currently in the process of including suede upholstery fabric and will later be getting hydro-graphics. I want to keep the business card really general. The cards will be frosted transparent plastic.

Right now this is what I have planned out:
Website URL (Large strip going across the card)
Phone #
Email Address
Facebook URL
Name (Still deciding if I should include this)

I'm not quite sure what I should list as my 'services' on the business card. I sell the material and do custom cuts. I don't want it to sound too cheesy.
For some of you in the vehicle wrap business or similar, would you be able to post yours here? (If that's allowed on the forums)

OldPaint

WHO, WHAT, AND HOW TO CONTACT YOU................pretty simple....and remember its a 2" X 3" CARD....so dont include youre resume and history of youre life on it..........really simple works better then a load of crap.

Attachments

• asign1.jpg
    asign1.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 98

sardocs

"really simple works better then a load of crap" Sage words, Joe. But your example doesn't live up to your statement. That card is terrible. Bad kerning. Ugly fonts, poor layout and hideous colours, with lame clipart scrolls. And it's "than a load of crap, not then a load of crap".

Pat Whatley

I change mine every time I have them printed but I'm pretty adamant about keeping them simple.

Here's the last one, the icon has a glossy finish, the rest of the card is matte.

My current one has my web address on it (for the website that I haven't gotten up yet so I'm not posting it)

Attachments

• Untitled-6.jpg
    Untitled-6.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 109

Snydo

I would do just your web address, then link your facebook site from your homepage. Less is more on a BC.

joshGN

simple and to the point...

all my info is easily found on my site...didnt feel it was important to clutter up the card...

Attachments

• bc.jpg
    bc.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 98

OldPaint

sardoc.........sorry to be such a disappointment to your artistic abilities)))))......and as for being my grammar police......you know what you can do with that)))))
this is the way it looks on the business card........I LOVE IT, SAYS ALL THAT IS NEEDED.......do i care if you like the fonts and layout???? yea sure i do hahahahahahahahahahaha......was not posted for a CRITIQUE .........but there is a ******* in every crowd.....YOU'RE IT)))))))))))))))))))))))))HHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attachments

• bfb.jpg
    bfb.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 85

Techman

If you goona make a B card..

Do not use size 6 type face. Use a size that any one can read. LARGE... Otherwise you are creating a waste basket filler.
When someone cannot see what is written then usually they discard it right away anyway.
C'mon, b card has plenty of space for a proper size contact point. A huge name with a teeny weeny phone number and email is about the dumbest technique ever devised for a B card. A bcard is a point of contact. That is its primary purpose. Why make a reader struggle to see that contact point?

wildside

Like pat said, I change mine it seems with every new run also. With that said, here is my latest.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140302_212124.png
    ForumRunner_20140302_212124.png
    216.6 KB · Views: 95

JgS

My only advice is to leave the back blank. It's a really nice place to write notes.

HulkSmash

WHO, WHAT, AND HOW TO CONTACT YOU................pretty simple....and remember its a 2" X 3" CARD....so dont include youre resume and history of youre life on it..........really simple works better then a load of crap.

Your design contradicts your rules. ))))))))))))))))

binki

Contact name (yours) company name (logo), address, phone, email, website, hours, what you do. You get both sides so make the most of it.

If you want to write on it, get uncoated.

OldPaint

Your design contradicts your rules. ))))))))))))))))

NO SCHIT!!!!!!!! what i choose do to and why i doed it.........is my choice!!!! for the longest time i had ONLY THE FRONT of the bc. SINCE i really didnt want to change it........I ADDED THE CRAP ON THE BACK. was it a good idea? FOR ME YES..........what i said is WHO, WHAT & HOW TO CONTACT YOU.....are the most important aspect of a bc. and as techman says..........using 6 point fonts make it to the trash can quickly.
iam not dealing with pita customers mostly friends & people i meet from time to time......so the added CRAP on the back serves me well.......didnt say anyone else needed to do it......