• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Getting some business cards printed, What to put on them? Show me yours!

HulkSmash

So are you.

I honestly can't think of one time I've ever given a dang who owned the business I was in, even if I was raising hell over a problem. Maybe its this business but the only time I see "owner" on anything its usually on the card of a guy who was in the lawn care business last month, the pressure washing business this month, and will be in the construction business next month.

I guess it only matters when you're not the only person working at the shop. We have 7 here, so positions are important. I want them to know they're dealing with the owner, not with my installer. Trust me, it does make a difference.

As for owner, i wouldn't put that.

We use President, VP, Production Lead, Graphic Designer, Lead Installer, Installer, etc etc.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
When we go to shows or shindigs, we many times will wear a badge with our company name and who the particular person is wearing it. Mine says 'Janitor'..... cause technically, I clean up everybody's messes. :omg:

Really, I've never found having titles on anything really amounts to a hill a beans, unless ya have an ego problem. There are more Vice-Presidents at a bank than you can shake a stick at, but I guess it really matters when your button says Vice -President of Closing the Bathroom Windows. I figure I'm just a big mouth, but no matter if I'm alone or in a crowd, if someone wants to know if they're dealing with the head honcho.... everyone always points to me and says, that's the owner...... you wanna talk with him. At a show no matter which side of the table I'm on, no matter who wants to know, it ain't hard for someone REALLY interested to find out whose the owner, installer, designer or whatever. If I need to know when I'm walking a show, if it's necessary, I'll ask. In a big company, you'll generally never see the owner or anyone near the top. You'll be dealing with representatives who, if they are any good, will convey all the necessary information, if someone can't figure it out from the flyers, pamphlets and brochures on the table. A title is just something you give to someone, so you don't have to pay them a high wage. They are secure with who they are and don't need any extra advertising. Most of the time, a company of size will be dealing with purchasers, salespeople and their representatives and not the owners. You've got to learn to delegate.

When buying shoes at the shoe store, I don't think I've ever talked to Allen Edmond or Mr Nike. I've never met with Mr Nissan when purchasing my personal vehicle and I don't even think Henry was still alive when I bought my Ford trucks. I bought some tools at the local Homes Depot and not even Homie Depot's son was there to greet me. In fact in all these places, the most it might say is sales representative on their cards, but they're mostly doing it for commission, not recognition.

However, if you deem it necessary to have owner on your card.... do it. You must have a good reason. There is no right or wrong to this part of a card. It's all personal preference.

Pat Whatley

Now that David mentioned it I think the only time I actually pay attention to business cards I'm given is when I've written notes on the back of them.

JgS

Now that David mentioned it I think the only time I actually pay attention to business cards I'm given is when I've written notes on the back of them.

And that is why i tell all my customers to leave the back blank.

Also I put owner on my card because I'm proud of that title.

nashvillesigns

Making America great, one sign at a time.
acards

i am amazed by two things.
how many cards look like billboards.
how many cards are overloaded..

Sun city's cards have got it GOIN ON.

-mosher

p.s. my current paper attached....

Attachments

• tsp-card.jpg
    tsp-card.jpg
    827.9 KB · Views: 109

visual800

i hope it was corrected before print, but your brochure says you do "difital printing".....

nope, it was caught almost a year later by a damn freind that just was bored and reading it, lol professional , no, but wth I aint trashing them. Sometimes i look at something so damn close somethings gets missed

SuncitySigns

Interesting to read the comments about having "Owner" under my name on my B card...

Neato designed my cards so he gets all the credit for the design work :) He also put "Owner" on there so we decided to leave it on there an it works extremely well for me down here ( That's down here in Western Australia that is) No sure how it would be received in the US but my clients always comment that its good to be dealing with the owner after they see my card.