• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Gino is missing...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billct2

After seeing this I went to look for Gino...I guess he is missing/banned. Interesting to note that some of the top members (according to the "Notable Members" section) are dead, missing or banned.

TimToad

Posts directed at Gino from Derby... Anyone can look this up

"you're full of hot air"

"You're a genuinely unlikable person."

"You're like a two year old"

"You're toxic, you make this place a miserable environment"

"You two are, hands down, the two most toxic members on these forums. "

"deep down you know you're both hacks in tiny Podunk towns. Only reason you're not out of business is because there's nobody else competent to take your work. In any big city you'd be laughed out of town."

"You're a hack and a bully"

"Kick rocks before I say something that really wounds your fragile feelings."

"Get a life, Gino. You're a fossil."

"because YOU are the problem and you do exactly what you accuse everybody else of doing all the time."

"while you're a wrinkled old turd. Keep poppin' those little blue pills and combing that hair over, grandpa!"

And then you'll find...

"The reason I call you out all the time is because you're an abusive bully. "

Who is the real bully? Here are posts directed at someone asking a "simple question"...

"you don't need to be in this business."

"Whoever told you not to laminate so you could sell the job again is a dirtbag."

Quote from TimToad
"shallow, petty, vindictive person"

Moderators: I freely copied these quotes using the search feature. If these posts do not meet Signs101 guidelines, you may want to consider removing them. I have already sent you links to each thread...so please don't get me in trouble for collecting posts that are all online right now.

How many of them were posted in unmoderated threads, where people are able to say WTF they want, you included?

You act like Derby and I are the only people who have had issues with Gino. The list is a lot larger than you care to admit to now that you've adopted the "I'd rather join 'em, then fight 'em" Stockholm Syndrome approach.

You're excusing all the rotten, mean, vindictive, petty things another member said, and hypocritically posting some examples of what others have posted in the same kind of threads you, Gino and others use to get around the moderation feature.

I'm sure I could spend all morning finding and copying and pasting all the examples of Gino's attacks on others, but have a business to run. With 30,000 plus posts to search through, that would be quite the undertaking.

DerbyCitySignGuy

What happened to all the preaching about leaving well enough alone from those PMs, Texas? Here you are stirring the pot after telling me to ignore people. Now you're gunning for me? Also, I like how you cherry picked quotes and then left out most of the context instead of quoting the actual posts, which is a feature of these forums. You spent time actively trying to make me look bad.

In any case, I'm moving on from this thread, because it's clearly an effort to start another mud slinging thread.

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
What happened to all the preaching about leaving well enough alone from those PMs, Texas? Here you are stirring the pot after telling me to ignore people. Now you're gunning for me?

I asked you nicely to stop arguing and fanning the flames with Gino on Friday. You said you couldn't help yourself and you knew "it looked bad" and that you are a "stubborn jackass". (Your words..not mine) You complain about the mud slinging and how bad this place is, and even when others give you friendly advise to stop you keep on.

I like how you cherry picked quotes and then left out most of the context instead of quoting the actual posts, which is a feature of these forums. You spent time actively trying to make me look bad.

Those quotes didn't really need more context, "while you're a wrinkled old turd. Keep poppin' those little blue pills and combing that hair over, grandpa!" is pretty self-explanatory.

You and some others and SignsSupport want to make this place better and "stop bullying"? So far, the only one I truly see wanting to do something about it is SignsSupport, but their direction is always turned to someone else and they are missing the real culprits. SignsSupport is trying their hardest to keep the place in line, even if that meant getting on to me for things I was doing wrong.

Why are you not defending me when I'm trying to stop the bullying I see? What makes my view less worthy then yours?

If you were truly trying to make this place better, you'd apologize for those horrible comments and excuse yourself from the bullying you claim to be fighting against.

Last edited:

WildWestDesigns

Those quotes didn't really need more context, "while you're a wrinkled old turd. Keep poppin' those little blue pills and combing that hair over, grandpa!" is pretty self-explanatory.

Not necessarily true. If this was said after someone said something of equal or worse post, then it could be equal turd slinging on both sides.

I don't know if it is or isn't in this particular case, I'm just pointing out when context would still be a good thing to know (to me context should always be known, a lot of things appear worse when not in context then they really are).

If nothing else, even if you don't want to have the entire post, putting it in quotes with the appropriate post code (yours that I quoted in this exact post is 1423027) and that should link to the full original post for the user to go to. Hopefully it wouldn't have been edited to reflect a new context, but if it was edited significantly later, it would be noted in the post.

After seeing this I went to look for Gino...I guess he is missing/banned. Interesting to note that some of the top members (according to the "Notable Members" section) are dead, missing or banned.

Which sub menu did you use: Most Msgs, Most Points, Most Positive Ratings etc?

Texas_Signmaker

Very Active Signmaker
Not necessarily true. If this was said after someone said something of equal or worse post, then it could be equal turd slinging on both sides.

I don't know if it is or isn't in this particular case, I'm just pointing out when context would still be a good thing to know (to me context should always be known, a lot of things appear worse when not in context then they really are).

If nothing else, even if you don't want to have the entire post, putting it in quotes with the appropriate post code (yours that I quoted in this exact post is 1423027) and that should link to the full original post for the user to go to. Hopefully it wouldn't have been edited to reflect a new context, but if it was edited significantly later, it would be noted in the post.

I understand, but I felt like I was going to clutter up the entire thing and it's wouldn't be easily read.

I messaged mgmt' the post links

I also sent a list of threads where Derb and others STARTED the attack on Gino. Everyone remembers how irate and nasty Gino responds, but no one remembers who actually quietly starts those arguments... There were MANY threads where someone else would out of the blue mention Gino and that would start a huge argument. There are just a few posters on here that are the main instigators and they MUST know how easy it is to set him off or they wouldn't keep doing it.

He has said some nasty things and got into pretty long winded arguments, but there are a few on here that seem to quietly start them, then turn and scream and point fingers at the mess they themselves made. I don't have a dog in this fight, I've got into it with him many times, but I see an injustice with them banning Gino and letting the sneaky ones get away.

Last edited:

equippaint

Everyone can say what they want, I just think its a shame that another person with extensive knowledge in this industry and a willingness to help is gone from here and some were hell bent in expediting it. He posted way more helpful and positive things than negative. The negative was often a reaction to someone elses negativity, which does not excuse it but should not be ignored either.

JTBoh

I sell signage and signage accessories.
Otherwise... every thread would evolve into name calling and ego stroking, and no one would actually get the answers, help, or critique they need... which is the entire point of this site.

I'm just gonna quote my own post again.

TimToad

I understand, but I felt like I was going to clutter up the entire thing and it's wouldn't be easily read.

I messaged mgmt' the post links

I also sent a list of threads where Derb and others STARTED the attack on Gino. Everyone remembers how irate and nasty Gino responds, but no one remembers who actually quietly starts those arguments... There were MANY threads where someone else would out of the blue mention Gino and that would start a huge argument. There are just a few posters on here that are the main instigators and they MUST know how easy it is to set him off or they wouldn't keep doing it.

He has said some nasty things and got into pretty long winded arguments, but there are a few on here that seem to quietly start them, then turn and scream and point fingers at the mess they themselves made. I don't have a dog in this fight, I've got into it with him many times, but I see an injustice with them banning Gino and letting the sneaky ones get away.

Once again, you are trying to defend the indefensible and cast inflammatory and defamatory aspersions on several of us. You have it exactly backwards on who is the primary instigator and perpetuater of the negativity, attacks and insults.

Its an insult to the intelligence of anyone here who can read to try and cast Gino as a victim of anything. He has made his bed over many, many years and he ignored the repeated warnings from the admins over the years.

This alternative universe you've decided to live in where others STARTED all the arguments with him is as factually specious as most of your oversensationalized reactions and rationalizations to all of this.

You don't remember just a few months ago when some of us including your alter ego had our comments delayed from posting until they were cleared by moderators? For all of his "victimhood" his comments weren't being delayed, so I challenge your assertion that he is being singled out. When moderators step in and clean out threads that have gone off the rails, they have left many of his most outrageous comments and deleted more than a fair share of my and others comments.

I don't see anybody "sneaking" around doing anything "quietly" here. When confronted by a bully and rude, insulting person, he has been confronted directly. If anyone can't handle following the guidelines here, they are welcome to leave for less moderated experience. Derby and I and MANY others have been publicly BEGGING and DEMANDING Gino for years to put us on ignore and take people's advice to just skip past our posts if they are such triggers for a person with no impulse control or respect for others.

This all goes back to whether someone denies all the points MANY others have made about his behavior, tone and argumentativeness. You seem to be one of those people that glosses right past the dozens of people who have sounded like broken records imploring him to clean it up and treat people with more respect and better decorum.

JTBoh

Seems the only people who care about these farking idiotic thread derailments are the same ones doing the same thing that got Gino banned.

No one cares if you're an internet tough guy. None of us are ever going to meet each other, we aren't friends. Just a bunch of people hiding behind a screen refusing to back down.

This is how literally every thread is on Signs101 nowadays.
"You're a bully!"
"No, YOU'RE the bully!"
***INCOHERENT SCREECHING***

TimToad

Seems the only people who care about these farking idiotic thread derailments are the same ones doing the same thing that got Gino banned.

No one cares if you're an internet tough guy. None of us are ever going to meet each other, we aren't friends. Just a bunch of people hiding behind a screen refusing to back down.

This is how literally every thread is on Signs101 nowadays.
"You're a bully!"
"No, YOU'RE the bully!"
***INCOHERENT SCREECHING***

I'm not "screeching" anything. I'm responding to false characterizations being made about me with calm, well thought out rebuttals to his and others false aspersions and accusations.

There are several threads going on right now that several of the same people engaged here are on and there is literally NO arguing, insults, negativity or disagreements.

JTBoh

I don't know what your saying, all i heard was EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's a picture of a sign.

Attachments

• Siena Ridge.JPG
    Siena Ridge.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 242

TimToad

I like signs. If I didn't like signs and want to talk about signs and post pictures of nice signs, I wouldn't be here.

Me too. I've been a signmaker for over 40 years and love our craft and have worked in lots of different shop types from gigantic billboard down to one person all hand lettered custom signs. I'm fiercely loyal to it and strive to have our trade represented properly and more than just as a quick way to make a buck.

I can't believe this topic is even being discussed. This is the biggest bunch of gaslighting I have ever seen here. This site has thousands of members and a publicly searchable capability and it's unbelievable that this is even a thing. What if GINO himself yanked his own membership for his own reasons?

Every time I post pictures of nice signs we've done, I get attacked by Gino for being a "show off" or "trying to hijack someone's thread" or mocked, attacked or insulted in some negative way. 99% of the strife would be eliminated if HE just abided by the request people like me and plenty of moderators have made that he just IGNORE us completely. I've heard of stories about people interfering with other member's businesses

Do you think some of us are lying when we state that he is sending harassing PM's?

I can't profess my desire and intent to use this site for its BEST purposes any more clearly than I have over the years. I've implored him both publicly and privately to just leave me alone and ignore EVERYTHING I post or share and he and others refuse to do it.

equippaint

Toad, let's call a spade a spade. You went after Gino on this last round as you have many other times. You were not even participating in the thread, you did not come in and offer advice, you went in antagonized Gino then went on to talk about yourself. You said you had him on ignore but you obviously did not. You are showing your a** here, just as TX called you out for doing, trying to gaslight everyone into believing you are the savior and Gino is the devil. Now you are going after TX and I am sure that I am next for speaking out just like everyone else that does not agree with you.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
Yeah Gino tried to push me around in a private message. He also tried to push me around in the forum. It seemed like it got better for awhile, but he was always with the passive aggressive insults. Place will probably be much better without that 'tude here.

Words cannot push you around, they're just words.The only way words can harm you would be if someone drops a dictionary on your foot. Grow up.

Status
Not open for further replies.